Formula 1 Rolex Sakhir Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 601 comments
XgRkUwE.png

Yowie wowie :scared:

I think Ferrari are cheating or doing something fishy. They were slow all week and suddenly they found way too much time in a one run, then give up? Not even counting for the track to rubber in? Weired.

Bottas might have gotten pole but that gap to Russel is way too close considering he's driving the car for the first time...still not a great look for Bottas!

Lets see how tomorrow plays out especially with Bottas habit to botch the start. Russel hasn't been that great with the starts either so Max might jump them both!

Last edited:
I think Ferrari are cheating or doing something fishy. They were slow all week and suddenly they found way too much time in a one run, then give up? Not even counting for the track to rubber in? Weired.
Ferrari cheating? Oh my word that is so shocking ive never heard of that before! /s

Russell just did his job perfectly. And don’t count him out on race day. Doesn’t even fit in the damn car and 0.026 off Bottas. Incredible

If you told the Twitch Quartet during lockdown that the next driver of the four of them to qualify on the Front Row would be George, they'd have laughed you out of the chat!

Lets be honest, is anyone even cheering for Bottas this week whatsoever?

I hope he does well. He's been kind of falling apart over the season. He has to pretend to be there to challenge Lewis when he's just there to be now he's just a solid #2 and Mercedes doesn't really need anymore. He can only win the championship if he establishes himself up front and keeps it up throughout a season.

Co-signed.

They didn't have any new tires left, and Leclerc seemed to think he wouldn't be able to improve.

Meanwhile in F2.... Mazepin was rightfully given two 5 second penalties for his attrocious driving standards today

upload_2020-12-5_14-27-23.png

Meanwhile in F2.... Mazepin was rightfully given two 5 second penalties for his attrocious driving standards today

View attachment 976312
One for shoving Tsunoda off, one for nearly pushing Drugovich into the pitwall, but nothing for pushing Drugovich into a sign - the only one where someone actually hit something...

He got away without a ban somehow.

Nobody really expected the inexperienced Aitken and Fittipaldi to perform miracles this race, but it's interesting to see the pace difference between the teammates there at the bottom. Magnussen has been clearly and confidently in front of Fittipaldi all weekend, but Latifi has struggled to stay ahead of Aitken.

Being slower than George isn't a big deal, being slower than the inexperienced rookie? Not a great look.

Russells' Merc must be a few horsepower down on Bottas' due to his helmet sticking up into the air intake flow path.

Lets hope he doesn't encounter any issues, due to the cramped nature of his cockpit, during the race.

View attachment 976312

I just got done watching the F2 highlights on YouTube, and after seeing Mazepin run down his rivals like that, I immediately became furious that this guy somehow has a drive in F1 next year. I know the #1 factor for him getting in is money, but that guy should be nowhere near a track in any car with racecraft like that, no matter how fast he might/might not be.

Also, gotta say it's still both really weird and somewhat satisfying to see Russel in the Mercedes overalls. I think it's partly because, even if it's just for 1 race, Each of the top teams (and a couple middle teams) have at least 1 high-level young driver in their stable, which is nice.

Russell to win, Mercedes to sign Russell then not renew Hamiltons contract due to current financial climate, leaving Hamilton with no seat next year forcing him to announce retirement.

It would certainly save Mercedes about £50 million. But is that the thing they'd want to do in this climate of diversity? They've gone all out for a black livery in support of the Black Lives Matter cause, and no matter how much replacing Lewis with George would be a financial and not-a-loss-of-performance reasons replacing Lewis with George would be, it would be a PR disaster that they could not recover from. No matter how much it wouldn't be for Lewis' colour, you know there are a lot of people on Twitter who would cancel Mercedes for that reason - especially if they keep the black livery next season without Lewis.

You don't get rid of a 7-times World Champion who's just won 4 titles back-to-back in your car. If he goes, it's on his terms. A large pay demand isn't enough to say no to - Lewis can pretty much demand what he wants because he is such a star that the team will make that money back pretty quickly from Merchandising and Sponsorship deals Hamilton can bring in.

Hamilton doesn't sound like he's done with F1. If Mercedes isn't an option, he needs to get on the phone to Horner and Marko ASAP to replace Albon at Red Bull. TBH, Red Bull need someone like Lewis to get back to the top. Max might have the speed, aggression and passion, but he seems to be the kind of driver a team bows down to and does what they want for him. Lewis is a worker and an inspirer who works with the team to improve. It's what Schumacher did and it's what Vettel did when he won all his titles at Red Bull (which is exactly what Aston Martin are hoping to get from Sebastian). Perhaps someone with Hamilton's teamwork mentality is what Red Bull are missing.

Back