Formula 1 Rolex Sakhir Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 601 comments
Before we all shower Russell with adoration - and I'm keen to, believe me - let's remember that jumping into a car in a one shot, one chance to prove yourself situation is the exact kind of thing any F1 driver can and will have done multiple times on their way up. Track time is expensive and do-overs are a rare thing in this business.

That said it's those who do make the best of those opportunities that go the furthest, and I'll be very happy if George can leave a big footprint with this chance. However all these drivers, Bottas included, have had to shine in these moments to get their foot in the door in the first place.

Plus he's still got to do a standing start in a new car under pressure. You can do all the practice starts you want to but the lights aren't counting down in those.

Bottas definitely found his footing in FP3 and that was more of a result I would expect from this weekend. Will see how it translates to quali

Turn 6 and Turn 10 are going to be traffic jams in the run up to them. I hope it's clean, but I will not be surprised if there's a big moment/spin/crash caused by someone saddling in the wrong place.

53.4 is my pole time prediction

Mazapin has been handed a 5sec penalty for 1 of his moves and 2 penalty points, dropping him from 3rd to 7th and meaning his has 11 penalty points in 2020.

Mazapin has been handed a 5sec penalty for 1 of his moves and 2 penalty points, dropping him from 3rd to 7th and meaning his has 11 penalty points in 2020.
So in other words, there is a definite non-zero chance he won't qualify for a super license and leave Haas in a very awkward position, since they already hitched their wagon to him.

Press F to pay Respects to Albon.

0.395+ to Verstappen.

in a 50 sec track

So in other words, there is a definite non-zero chance he won't qualify for a super license and leave Haas in a very awkward position, since they already hitched their wagon to him.
Quite possibly.

Last edited:
Back