Formula 1 SOCAR Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2019

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 188 comments
I love how this was supposed to be Ferrari's race, and guess what, it's a Mercedes front row again!

Yes, and Renault must be very concerned about...what?
Not sure what you're on about there. I was just commenting on how encouraging his performances have been for McLaren, especially when compared to the more experienced Sainz. Not sure what Renault have to do with that... unless they see they're only 4 points ahead of a customer team... which will definitely concern them.

A Mercedes 1-2.

4aaW5ZT.gif

Based on his crash I'll assume Williams were going flat out in Q1, in which case that's even more depressing as the last team I remember being five seconds off the pace was HRT...

Based on his crash I'll assume Williams were going flat out in Q1, in which case that's even more depressing as the last team I remember being five seconds off the pace was HRT...
Good news is that Kubica will be starting from the pit lane... :lol:

So first Williams and now Ferrari out at the same point. That bit of track is, what, 7 or maybe 8 metres wide, WTF. This is Formula 1, not a bloody tarmac rally.

Baku should not be on the F1 calendar, along with every other damn street track (Monaco included) as they are no longer suited to F1, and haven’t been for years.

Utter stupidity on the part of the F1 organisers, but I guess money talks louder than sense.

The tracks were/would have been ok 10+ years ago, and it's just that F1 cars have become much more cumbersome with their luxury coach like wheelbases to carry all that extra stuff.

The tracks were/would have been ok 10+ years ago, and it's just that F1 cars have become much more cumbersome with their luxury coach like wheelbases to carry all that extra stuff.
Yes, and maneuverability is compromised by all that weight. I think you would have to go back to the 1930's to find GP cars routinely heavier than what we have today.

If someone up front parks his car in the castle wall early on, half the field would probably have to retire.

Once everyone is on Mediums we are going to need a safety car to keep it interesting.

I mean this applies to most races but Baku especially.

Kubica gets a drive thru penalty because the team messed up. That's not right. He did nothing wrong. Fine the team

It wasn't that he went to pit exit early. The team put him on the pit lane early.
That penalty is going to take Williams 3 races to recover from.

I'm surprised this is staying as clean as it is. NO safety cars!

Back