Formula 1 SOCAR Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2019

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 188 comments
Yes, and maneuverability is compromised by all that weight. I think you would have to go back to the 1930's to find GP cars routinely heavier than what we have today.

Given the spate of lock-ups and offs at Baku, I also think the MGUs combined with the long-wheel bases are an issue on the street circuits (less pitch sensitive and less rear brake bias). I've yet to see a hybrid F1 car spin-out on corner entry, so I can only think that perhaps they have to use a lot less rear brake bias just to ensure that the MGU works consistently every time without any interference.

It's hard to find on the net, but my guess is that the better developed systems would allow the rear braking to be more prominent when it becomes advantageous in certain corners.

Because of this, if Schumacher were racing today, I certainly don't think he would have the same advantage that he did over his rivals when cars were more conventional and I think that's maybe why a few drivers have a better chance of beating Hamilton in today's cars.

It's Baku, it's the most dependent track on the Calander for a safety car, apart from say Monaco, but still no one can pass.

If a SC happens before the end,the top 6 will go wild, they have the gap to the rest to do what they want.

Back