Formula 1 SOCAR Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2019

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 188 comments
Gutted for the result, Lewis could have gotten him if Leclerc hadn’t been left out so long.

I do wonder what Leclerc could have done if Ferrari hadn’t put him on the mediums in q2... but I guess we’ll never know. Fair play to Bottas for holding on. Almost!

51 laps of pretty much nothing, again. What a dud of a season.
These regs have killed F1.

Stagnation in the front, stagnation in the midfeild, with a giant gap that can't be closed between them, F1 has generally been a bit predictable but man these last few seasons you can easily predict nearly the whole grid, atleast on Pace.

I remember when you would get the Odd midfeild runner qualify on the front or second row, now they can't get past the wall of the first 3 teams.

A good race, better than China. If only Ferrari's strategy wasn't so botched.
What strategy? They did nothing wrong. Merc is just a quicker car.

On a different note.... People need to stop talking about how quick Ferrari in pre season testing because it's testing. You never know what the others are doing.

These regs have killed F1.

Stagnation in the front, stagnation in the midfeild, with a giant gap that can't be closed between them, F1 has generally been a bit predictable but man these last few seasons you can easily predict nearly the whole grid, atleast on Pace.

I remember when you would get the Odd midfeild runner qualify on the front or second row, now they can't get past the wall of the first 3 teams.

Well Baku being a street circuit doesn’t help.

Anyway great win for Bottas - he said he’d come back harder this season, and so far he has. Even though I’m a bit of a Hamilton fan it’s about time he got a few good views of his teammate’s exhaust going over the finishing line again.

Hell might as well call the season at this point. No point in racing since Merc is gonna win everything AGAIN

Hell might as well call the season at this point. No point in racing since Merc is gonna win everything AGAIN
Once you’ve dried your eyes you’ll see that the grid is made up of 18 F1 cars and 2 F2 cars.

It’ll make the races more enjoyable when you realise!

I've complained in many places about it; tyres. That's the issue. You have to have multiple (read: more than 2 combinations) strats to make these aero dependent cars seem interesting. Not enough deg, not enough differentiation, and no real reason to be on the harder compound- it's a complete waste.

Once you’ve dried your eyes you’ll see that the grid is made up of 18 F1 cars and 2 F2 cars.

It’ll make the races more enjoyable when you realise!

Pretty sure it's now 4x F1, 2x F1.25, 12x F1.5 and Williams.

Lewis said something that I find interesting in the after race interview. It's not that the Mercedes are dominant. They know exactly where they are compare to the Ferraris as such they've been firing on all cylinders to maximize every weekend whereas the Ferraris are not so they don't look as competitive. I think that pretty much sums up the start of the season so far and I hope it doesn't stay that way till the end of the season.

I'm rooting for Lewis this season so I want to see him win the driver Championship. I'm curious to see how close he can get to some of Schumacher's record before he calls it quit. That being said I certainly don't want to see it all being a walk in the park for him.

Ricciardo gets grid penalty in Spain for his driving backwards without using his rearview camera and crashing into Kvyat

@Dennisch : You are right with 1.25 for RBR. I read the scaling backwards. So thought 12 x 1.5 then RBR must be 1.75.

giphy.gif

Latest Posts

Back