Formula E -Season 16-17Open Wheel 

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 177 comments
At least we'll finally have a true representation of the comparative laptimes of Formula E cars and other stuff. Admittedly Goodwood isn't exactly the most representative track, but it'll do.

Buemi said he'll probably run with Toyota for the WEC Championship on the nurburgring so no New-York GP for him in FE. He's hoping to win the championship and Toyota is his main employer. So makes sens.

Just started it now after work and that was just stupid. Those two hairpins and all the contact just crunching... I just couldn't watch. Why the hell do they make these tracks so bad? There's surely got to be better wider roads to choose from in all of the five boroughs.

Maybe, but New York is a major urban area. Running it on ordinary roads would likely be incredibly disruptive.

So is Hong Kong but they managed to dump it right on the skylines harbour front, when they said New York I had this image of racing in or near Central Park, not some dock area which looks like it's used to film crime drama's!

New York circuit from GT4 when? :dopey:

If they're running the same layout in the future though, they urgently need to switch up the grid slots. Pole is at a horrendous disadvantage as of now.

It's been mentioned in a couple other threads, but since it's relevant here as well: Mercedes is joining Formula E in 2019 (and leaving DTM at the same time).

Can't say I'm too surprised since Audi and BMW have already committed, and lately Europe as a whole seems to be making the big push to start moving away from petrol-only cars, so being involved in a testbed series like this ASAP would be pretty crucial for development of future road-going cars.

edit: And of course I go answer the phone before hitting post, and a dedicated thread pops up in the meantime. :lol:

Last edited:
Montreal for the title decider.

It's looking like it's Di Grassi's to lose.
If the positions were the other way around Di Grassi would be driving the wrong way around the track looking for Buemi. That's why I hope Buemi can recover to win the title.

After Di Grassi's dirty tactics at the end of last season and Buemi's general childishness there, it's a case of which of the two I'd rather lose now.

6 pts in it for tomorrows race and Buemi's having a go at everyone haha.
"You or him, I'm sure it's him" - proceeds to shout at Frijns anyway. Embarrassing for Seb but he could do anything and I would still respect him an hell of a lot more than di Grassi.

DF8NKhiU0AEJ1Q3.jpg

After Di Grassi's dirty tactics at the end of last season and Buemi's general childishness there, it's a case of which of the two I'd rather lose now.
Di Grassi will have my support for sure. The world of motorsports doesn't deserve petulant, whiny kids like Buemi taking championships.

By the way, good to see the Montreal circuit actually looks like a real race track. Still an obvious overabundance of 90 degree turns, but that's better than the extremely awkward hairpins littered around the New York course.

Last edited:
Di Grassi will have my support for sure. The world of motorsports doesn't deserve petulant, whiny kids like Buemi taking championships.

By the way, good to see the Montreal circuit actually looks like a real race track. Still an obvious overabundance of 90 degree turns, but that's better than the extremely awkward hairpins littered around the New York course.
I'm going for Buemi. What Di Grassi did last year was pretty unacceptable.

I'm going for Buemi. What Di Grassi did last year was pretty unacceptable.
Not just last season, earlier this season he ran da Costa into the wall out of frustration when he couldn't pass:

Buemi made a fool of himself off-track last night, Di Grassi has been an embarrassment on track for years, London last year was the tip of the iceberg, causing the crash, the blocking of Buemi trying for FL and whichever incident happened behind closed doors which Buemi was hinting at.

That's going to be an interesting conundrum. Obviously no one wants it to turn into another LMP1 scenario where everyone gets priced out of participating, but if you tell the manufacturers they're not allowed to put money into the areas where it's needed, then they're just going to back out anyway and leave Formula E as a technological dead end.

Latest Posts

Back