Formula E -Season 16-17Open Wheel 

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 177 comments
So, Vegas tomorrow? And $1,000,000 in prize money for the virtual race, pitting sim racers against real racers!

Credit where it's due, FE really pulled out all the stops and is "doing Vegas right", as it were. Someone in F1 has got to be kicking themselves a bit right now.

So, Vegas tomorrow? And $1,000,000 in prize money for the virtual race, pitting sim racers against real racers!

Credit where it's due, FE really pulled out all the stops and is "doing Vegas right", as it were. Someone in F1 has got to be kicking themselves a bit right now.
I thought doing Vegas right was running out of money and being drunk every night...

http://www.racer.com/formula-e/item/138164-next-generation-fe-car-design-revealed

phpThumb.php

05-Formula-E-Spark-Season-5-Rear.jpg

17-Formula-E-Spark-Season-5-Side-Half-Canopy_0.jpg

Looks like a baby Red Bull X-car.

is this a street circuit?

edit: nvm I answered my own question

edit 2: well since I have a post here, I'll just say this is my first time trying to get into watching FE. Are they in the middle of a season right now? the website says this is Round 3?

edit 2: well since I have a post here, I'll just say this is my first time trying to get into watching FE. Are they in the middle of a season right now? the website says this is Round 3?
They are, the season basically stretches through two calendar years and now they're back after a lengthy winter break.

Daniel Abt was on pole, but then he got disqualified. The Abt team need to stop getting disqualified, they've lost the titles in both seasons because of Di Grassi's disqualifications.

Which station shows Formula E in Europe? I used to watch qualifying and the races on the YouTube channel but they don't put them up anymore as far as I can see.

Lost a lot of respect for JEV there - first, he pushed Lopez wide and then tried to claim that Lopez had run wide to unfairly hold position; then he threw a tantrum because he couldn't pass d'Ambrosio as easily as he would have liked even though d'Ambrosio was racing cleanly.

Exciting race. No idea what happened after the race because Channel 5 fantastically cut the end short, showed the podium late and didn't show the interviews on it. Congratulations Channel 5. Hope you never return.

Lost a lot of respect for JEV there - first, he pushed Lopez wide and then tried to claim that Lopez had run wide to unfairly hold position; then he threw a tantrum because he couldn't pass d'Ambrosio as easily as he would have liked even though d'Ambrosio was racing cleanly.
https://www.motorsport.com/formula-...ambrosio-for-stupid-defensive-tactics-888855/
JEV's set a precident. If he was in D'Ambrosio's situation, he would have done exactly the same thing

A bit boring to see Di Grassi winning the one race where Buemi's not the dominant car, but at least I'm glad JEV didn't, after the classlessness he displayed back there. The commentator described the incident with Lopez as a "he ran into my fist" claim, which I can definitely get behind. :lol:

That's the first race where I haven't been mad at Di Grassi winning, he actually did an amazing job from so far back. Although it's getting annoying thinking he's out of the running, and then seeing him on the podium.

I have to say, I've watched very little Formula E but I just watched the Mexico ePrix on C5 and it was bloody great. It's got the kind of racing a lot of people whinge that Formula One doesn't have; sliding cars, close action, overtaking opportunities without magic cheat buttons and so on.

It was really, really good. Dario Franchitti and Lead Commentator Unknown were excellent, calling the action well and fairly, they seemed like they were genuinely having fun doing it.

Cars were able to race close to each other and race for position and hustle for the racing line in and out of corners. Far more like romanticised 1970s F1 than any F1 in the last 30 years has been.

The tension of who has what amount of power left at the end of the race might seem artificial but it's no different to off-tyres or running out of fuel and thanks to the strategy gamble, led to a fantastic display of defensive driving from Jerome D'Ambrosio and a win for Lucas Di Grassi. Top marks.

Pros:
- The racing
- The slidiness of the cars
- The commentary
- Jerome D'Ambrosio

Cons:
- Team radio being left on for too long
- Cutting to adverts as soon as the race was finished

And I'm sure that that wasn't even the best race they've ever had. I'll definitely be tuning in again even if Buemi apparently has it all sewn up this year.

Just caught up on the race, that was brilliant!

Was anyone else suprised to learn that Paris Hilton is a) alive, b) doesn't look a complete mess. I'm thinking clone.

I have to say, I've watched very little Formula E but I just watched the Mexico ePrix on C5 and it was bloody great. It's got the kind of racing a lot of people whinge that Formula One doesn't have; sliding cars, close action, overtaking opportunities without magic cheat buttons and so on.
Sorry to spoil this for you, but Formula E has "FanBoost", where fans vote for their three favourite drivers to get an extra burst of power for a few seconds. I just ignore it so it doesn't ruin the race for me.

Pros:
- The racing
- The slidiness of the cars
- The commentary
- Jerome D'Ambrosio

Cons:
- Team radio being left on for too long
- Cutting to adverts as soon as the race was finished

And I'm sure that that wasn't even the best race they've ever had. I'll definitely be tuning in again even if Buemi apparently has it all sewn up this year.
You forgot another con, there's too much time between each round - it'll be another 6 weeks before the Monaco ePrix. :indiff:

DK
Sorry to spoil this for you, but Formula E has "FanBoost", where fans vote for their three favourite drivers to get an extra burst of power for a few seconds. I just ignore it so it doesn't ruin the race for me.

Oh yeah, that. Well considering that 2 of the 3 drivers who had fan boost immediately span off at T1 due to overcooking it and throwing themselves into the corner, it didn't bother me this time.

Di Grassi had it too and it wasn't mentioned on commentary if or when he used his.

Back