Formula GT car settings?

• Thread starter roguearthur
  • 134 comments
Rac3rX
Glad you guys like the F1 Set-Up PM GOLF posted of Mine.

I already posted this but It got deleted (Come on guys, )
Somebody told you we liked it? Perhaps you might aquaint yourself with the Acceptable Use Policy. It may help you understand why your posts keep disappearing.

Rac3rX
I already posted this but It got deleted (Come on guys, )
Look, are you blind or something?

Stop parading that link around like you just gave birth to it.

How many Times have you won the F1.. I have 8 of them in all diff colors and have sold 4 because they were colors I already had... THANK GOD FOR B-SPEC.. LOL

i havent won it once, im still trying to make some time to turn on my ps2 and get done with the pro gt races. in 65 percent done and i cant even enter the extreme races....down with laziness and procrastination

djaft3rb3ats

Umm yeah, read the thread (If the compliments to the set up posted by PmGolf Tuned by me were deleted thats simply because you guys must be worried about loosing members or something), I couldnt see why its such a warm welcoming board over here and everybody is just so respectfull when them conduct themselvs, you have nothing to worrie about.

Im sorry I didnt know you guys were so threatened by us (WOW) I wont post links to our site anymore, but feel free to post links to GTP at ours, we dont care and welcome the other GT comunities. I am happy you guys are here as you do promote my favorot game, and got me started into posting set ups online, Thanks!

I have to emphatically agree with the setup below. Thanks for all the effort put in by all those concerned. this is a great set up, in the tokyo race I clocked a 1:13.386 and finished the first thre races easily! 👍 👍

Zardoz
Thanks to "R32GTST/M", "stigie", "Awajie Islander", and "Duck7892" for their input, which led me to this setup. It works like crazy:

SR 17.4 / 17.5
RH 45 / 45
SB 6 / 6
SR 8 / 8
Camb 2.0 / 1.0
Toe 0 / -2
BB 4 / 1

LSDI 15
LSDA 45
LSDD 55

ASM 10 / 10
TCS 5
DF Max

To use the transmission final drive settings below, first do this:

1. Slide Final all the way to the right to 5.500.
2. Slide Autoset full right to 25, then full left to 1 and leave it there. You now have the closest-possible set of gears.
3. Then slide Final to the correct ratio for the track. Here are the actual Final settings for each track in the Formula GT series:

Tokyo Route 246 - 3.220
Twin Ring Motegi-Super Speedway - 3.220
New York - 3.220
High Speed Ring - 3.220
Grand Valley Speedway - 3.220
Circuit de la Sarthe I - 3.220
Cote d' Azur - 3.750
Seoul Central - 3.220
Infineon Raceway-Sports Car Course - 3.700
Laguna Seca Raceway - 3.700
Twin Ring Motegi-Road Course - 3.500
Nurburgring - 3.220
El Captain - 3.400
Fuji Speedway 2005 - 3.220
Suzuka Circuit - 3.500

On most tracks the fuel will last over twice as long as the tires. Opting to not take on fuel on every other stop not only saves time in the pits, you'll go faster with the lighter fuel load.

(BTW, my B-Spec Bob can drive the F1 car pretty much error-free on the "4" setting on all tracks except Suzuka. On many such as Tokyo R246, he can go error-free on "5" for the whole race.)

I don't know what to say about that stock 10/10 ASM setting, other than that I can go a lot faster with it than with ASM off. I'm conditioned from the old GT3 days to always turn ASM off because the conventional wisdom is that it makes you go slower. I am really beginning to wonder if that is always the case in GT4. It may be more a matter of how you want to play the game - aided or unaided. In some cases it could be as much a speed secret as it is a crutch to help you stay under control.

There is no doubt, however, that 10/10 ASM drastically lowers my A-Spec lap times with the Formula GT car. Example: Tokyo R246 - No ASM: 1:15.9 best lap so far. 10/10 ASM: 1:14.1, and I'll do better than that if I ever manage a "perfect" lap.

Use ASM to taste on the Formula 1 car. Your call.

My Mobil 1 Formula GT (unmentioned fields = stock)

Suspension spring rates: 10.1 (F), 10.2 (R)
Ride height: 62mm (F), 62MM (R)
Bound: 3(F), 3(R)
Toe rear: 0

LSD initial:15
accel: 38
de/accel: 18

Transmission: auto 19

Downforce: 58/88 👍

foghorn_100
I have to emphatically agree with the setup below. Thanks for all the effort put in by all those concerned. this is a great set up, in the tokyo race I clocked a 1:13.386 and finished the first thre races easily! 👍 👍

Yeah, its definitely okay. I still think there's something different about ASM on the Formula GT car. ASM slows you down on all other cars, but it feels completely different on the F1.

On the pit stops, take on a partial load of fuel on each stop. Press "X" to stop the fueling when you've got 40 liters or so on board. On some tracks you only need about 35 liters between them. It shortens the stops, and the light fuel load helps a bit on the track. It definitely makes a little difference.

Yeah I basically work out the usage on the first two pits and on the third you can just carry enough fuel to complete enough laps for your tyre wear. This gives you the shortest refuel time you can have.

I want to confirm that this setup works flawlessly...with one caveat. If you are racing for the Formula 1 champ. make sure you make the pole before you race or you will never pull ahead. I just on the Formula 1 champ. today on b-spec and i didnt lose a race...in fact i was easily a lap ahead when the race finished.

Thanks to "R32GTST/M", "stigie", "Awajie Islander", and "Duck7892" for their input, which led me to this setup. It works like crazy:

SR 17.4 / 17.5
RH 45 / 45
SB 6 / 6
SR 8 / 8
Camb 2.0 / 1.0
Toe 0 / -2
BB 4 / 1

LSDI 15
LSDA 45
LSDD 55

ASM 10 / 10
TCS 5
DF Max

2. Slide Autoset full right to 25, then full left to 1 and leave it there. You now have the closest-possible set of gears.
3. Then slide Final to the correct ratio for the track. Here are the actual Final settings for each track in the Formula GT series:

Tokyo Route 246 - 3.220
New York - 3.220
High Speed Ring - 3.220
Cote d' Azur - 3.750
Seoul Central - 3.220
Nurburgring - 3.220
El Captain - 3.400
Suzuka Circuit - 3.500

On most tracks the fuel will last over twice as long as the tires. Opting to not take on fuel on every other stop not only saves time in the pits, you'll go faster with the lighter fuel load.

(BTW, my B-Spec Bob can drive the F1 car pretty much error-free on the "4" setting on all tracks except Suzuka. On many such as Tokyo R246, he can go error-free on "5" for the whole race.)

I don't know what to say about that stock 10/10 ASM setting, other than that I can go a lot faster with it than with ASM off. I'm conditioned from the old GT3 days to always turn ASM off because the conventional wisdom is that it makes you go slower. I am really beginning to wonder if that is always the case in GT4. It may be more a matter of how you want to play the game - aided or unaided. In some cases it could be as much a speed secret as it is a crutch to help you stay under control.

There is no doubt, however, that 10/10 ASM drastically lowers my A-Spec lap times with the Formula GT car. Example: Tokyo R246 - No ASM: 1:15.9 best lap so far. 10/10 ASM: 1:14.1, and I'll do better than that if I ever manage a "perfect" lap.

goldenllama
I want to confirm that this setup works flawlessly...with one caveat. If you are racing for the Formula 1 champ. make sure you make the pole before you race or you will never pull ahead. I just on the Formula 1 champ. today on b-spec and i didnt lose a race...in fact i was easily a lap ahead when the race finished.

SR 17.4 / 17.5
RH 45 / 45
SB 6 / 6
SR 8 / 8
Camb 2.0 / 1.0
Toe 0 / -2
BB 4 / 1

LSDI 15
LSDA 45
LSDD 55

ASM 10 / 10
TCS 5
DF Max

Tokyo Route 246 - 3.220
New York - 3.220
High Speed Ring - 3.220
Cote d' Azur - 3.750
Seoul Central - 3.220
Nurburgring - 3.220
El Captain - 3.400
Suzuka Circuit - 3.500

The only thing i changed in this set up is the actual brake balance.
Rear brake balance at 3 and front at 4.
I find that there is a little less wear on the front tires and there is no change in the driving for b-spec and it is still stable on setting 4 or 5.

I put off the Formula GT championship for the longest time but I recently was inspired to start chipping away at my last 7.3% completion. I'm A-specing the series and have assembled an agreeable blend of setups from "the reverend" RK, Zardoz, Fumes, Awaji Islander, etc. Thanks guys!

I really struggled with the F1 championship in GT3, never managing to take home the gold trophy at Laguna Seca or Cote d'Azur. However, I used the DS2 for GT3 and have since upgraded to the DFP just before GT4's release. The progression of the wheel and pedals has made me a lot kinder on tires, fuel consumption and I'm finding myself walking, make that trouncing, this series.

I was hoping for some closer racing (all cars weight exactly the same, same hp) but lapped the field an average of 5 laps at the first four venues. I guess this post is simply a hardy slap on the back for all your blood, sweat & gears.

RoverNLJP
i have problems winning Seoul,

my B-spec driver always makes a big mistake, so i can never win! please help

two suggestions - for b-spec - try lowering your drivers speed setting for the section/corner he struggles in. Also try running him on blue tires at a higher speed setting, then dropping him back down once he is on greens.

second option - run this a spec for a stint or two. the AI sucks balls on this track, so you can get a good lead in one or two stints then leave Barry to do his thing.

What I cannot figure out with this championship is how the AI manages to wear his tyres out so much, particularly the fronts, at some tracks. I run 4 laps in a stint easily at Le Mans without making any setup changes besides softening the suspension so I can ride the kerbs better. The AI struggle to run even 3 laps without chewing up their tyres. My B spec drivers can run 4 laps but it isn't worth it, he only loses time with tyre wear.

This only happened at Le Mans. At other tracks the AI runs longer stints than me (probably because I never dared to change the rear toe from -6).

F310B
What I cannot figure out with this championship is how the AI manages to wear his tyres out so much, particularly the fronts, at some tracks. I run 4 laps in a stint easily at Le Mans without making any setup changes besides softening the suspension so I can ride the kerbs better. The AI struggle to run even 3 laps without chewing up their tyres. My B spec drivers can run 4 laps but it isn't worth it, he only loses time with tyre wear.

This only happened at Le Mans. At other tracks the AI runs longer stints than me (probably because I never dared to change the rear toe from -6).

💡

You pretty much answered your own question here. Softer suspension leads to less tire wear. This does tend to depend on the track / car combination, but generally speaking that is how it works. What i tend to try to do is sort out the suspension such that there is even wear between the front and back. On the F1 car i find understeer related lack of grip (scrubbing) tends to cause the most damage to tire wear. This is typically most evident on fast sweepers (a la the last section of la sarthe). Softening the suspension allows the tires to bite a bit better - hence less scrubbing and better tire wear.

I tried Zardoz bspec settings (post #27) and wasted 3 days only to get Freds butt kicked in the series.
Tokyo Route 3.220 won; Twin Ring 3.220 loss -1 lap. changed to 3.700;
[*New York 3.220 won;
[ *]High Speed ring 3.220 won;
[*]Grand Valley 3.220 +1 lap;
[*]De La Sarthe 3.220 won;
[*]Cote d'Azur 3.500 won;
[*]Seoul Central 3.220 4th, changed to 3.300 still 4th;
[*]Infineon 3.700 won +1 lap;
[*]Laguna Seca 3.700 won +2 laps;
[*]Twin Ring Road 3.500 6th changed to 3.700 won;
[*]Nurburgring 3.220 loss changed to 3.700 won;
[*]El Captain 3.400 won but changed to 3.700;
[*]Fuji 3.220 -15 laps! 128 top speed on straight changed to 3.700;
[*]Suzuka 3.500 almost lapped changed to 3.700;
My bspec is 6600+ Im not sure why the orig settings didnt work for me. But they help alot. Sorry about this listing, Im so lame i cant figure out how to make a list! OH and buy the way..... .Hey you narrow minded foreigner (I_H8_GWB) I dont appreciate your using this site to spread your weak political opinion and hate , im very suprised this site is letting you use that name and signature. This is an all ages site and your opinion (although weak and imature) has no place in this forum. I will do everything I can to protest you.

CMcMahon
They're working great for me; although I'm using them on Saarthe 24h I instead of the F1 races, they've put me a minute-forty-five ahead of the competition in just a dozen laps.

Thanks for thhe Props on the Settings

malcy21
Ive got to say these are an awesome setup Pete. 👍 I'm using them on Formula GT Championship and B-spec Bob is able to lap the rest on most races, nice one for posting those mate!

Thanks For the Props on my settings

Stenners
Thought I'd finally post on here :nervous:

Just thought I'd say the settings posted by pmgolf are top class 👍

I have done every race in the F1 championship bar The Ring as I'm still pretty rubbish at it but after using those settings I am leading by 20 seconds on lap 12/15 using B-Spec :)

Cheers pmgolf :dopey:

Thanks For the Props on the settings

(PMGOLF Posted My F1 set up)

rk
Somebody told you we liked it? Perhaps you might aquaint yourself with the Acceptable Use Policy. It may help you understand why your posts keep disappearing.

Ummmmmmm Yeah :crazy:

Read the Previous Post. :crazy:

Back