Formula GT car settings?

• Thread starter roguearthur
  • 134 comments
I'm also having trouble with this Race. Can you change the tires of the Formula GT? I can't even finish two laps in A-spec mode, the tires get so red that I can't even move.

If you can't change the tires of these cars, can you tell me how can I win this race?
How do I set up the Formula GT for B-spec mode? Can I compete with another car either in A-spec or B-spec mode? How do I have to race?

Ok, a general suspension setup for the FGT, that will be useful and need very little tweaking even if run on almost all tracks. Will need adjustment for Nürburgring, La Sarthe and El Capitan. Go down some in springrate for those tracks.
Here we go: F/R
Springrate: 11.2/11.0
Rideheight: 65/65 this can be lowered 5 - 10 mm on slower smooth tracks( Tsukuba, Autumn Ring and almost all citytracks)
Damber bound: 4/3
Damper rebound: 8/6
Camber: 2.5/1.5
Toe: 2/-3 or leave it 0/0 for longer tyrelife

Brakes: 6/7

This car is the only car I´ve driven in the game so far, that benefits from ASM, so ASM 3/3 and TCS 10 for tyrelife and 2 for hotlaps.

Concerning downforce: Only ever go for full DF on very short twisty tracks (Tsukuba, Côte d´Azure and also Nürburgring) otherwise go for 70/98 or lower. For La Sarthe use 60/84.

LSD: 20/30/45 should be okay, but if not try 30/35/30

You can not change tyres on the FGT in GTmode, only in Arcade.

Well I used this car on A-Spec on the 4hr Endurance...
(If we're still talking about the Polyphonic Formula Gran Turismo)
Good little tip (If no one has mentioned it yet)

Tires - Front: Hard, Back: Super Hard
Toe - Front: 0, Back: -1
Camber - Front 2.4, Rear 1.2
Stabilisers - Front: 2, Rear 3
Bound - Front: 6, Rear: 7
Rebound - Front: 8, Rear: 9
Spring Rate - Front: 16.0, Rear 16.5
Ride Height - Lowest (All this is from the top of my head but I think it's 55?)

This is what I remember my settings to be I think...
But even if they are not my ones, they still seem logically, pretty decent.

ACP2005
Well I used this car on A-Spec on the 4hr Endurance...
(If we're still talking about the Polyphonic Formula Gran Turismo)
Good little tip (If no one has mentioned it yet)

Tires - Front: Hard, Back: Super Hard
Toe - Front: 0, Back: -1
Camber - Front 2.4, Rear 1.2
Stabilisers - Front: 2, Rear 3
Bound - Front: 6, Rear: 7
Rebound - Front: 8, Rear: 9
Spring Rate - Front: 16.0, Rear 16.5
Ride Height - Lowest (All this is from the top of my head but I think it's 55?)

This is what I remember my settings to be I think...
But even if they are not my ones, they still seem logically, pretty decent.

Those setting can´t come from the FGT. You cannot change tyres on it, and not change settings for the stabilisers. And being that low, with such hard springs, It must have been a bumby ride! Not to mension in high speed! The fatser a car goes, the more the suspension compresses due to downforce, so giving a really fast car a rideheight of 75, will probably mean it still bottoms out in very high speed. 55 will make the bottom scrape along in lower speeds too, wich means you loose speed! I mean, measure it out; 55 mm (almost 2 inches). That is very, very low for a car. :scared:

axisgt
i need a setup for FGT in test course...i need max speed...!!!

A quick tip; low rear, high front and max downforce. Lowest suspension possible. after that, it´s gearing ...

Team666
Ok, a general suspension setup for the FGT, that will be useful and need very little tweaking even if run on almost all tracks. Will need adjustment for Nürburgring, La Sarthe and El Capitan. Go down some in springrate for those tracks.

You can not change tyres on the FGT in GTmode, only in Arcade.

Thanks for the advice! :lol: By tuning Formula GT appropriately, I could finally won this race by a decent margin of 45 secs. My tires could last longer and the car gained a stability.

:yuck: I only have to passed the terrible Mission 34 to finish this game.

:banghead: GT4 99.8% :ouch:

ket01084
Thanks for the advice! :lol: By tuning Formula GT appropriately, I could finally won this race by a decent margin of 45 secs. My tires could last longer and the car gained a stability.

:yuck: I only have to passed the terrible Mission 34 to finish this game.

:banghead: GT4 99.8% :ouch:

Awright! I can give you a tip on mission 34 aswell; gold the s16 licensetest (if you haven´t already), and you will have learnt the Nürb good enough to clear mission 34. And if yo don´t want to go through that, take decent FR car, not too fast and not too slow (The Mercedes SLK 230 Kompressor will be good), put N2 tyres on and go for the ring in freeruns. Don´t tune the car, ie nothing but a change of tyres, and if the car has lots of miles on it, an oilchange and a chassis refresh. This will teach you the fastest line around the ring! Good luck!

sorry...but i need more data...give me information...how much??? :confused:

please!!!.... :indiff:

send me a mail please!!! axisgt@yahoo.com

thanks!!! :) :)

p.d: i need this information...because im stucked in Test Course (GT All Stars)... :ouch: :guilty:

im so noob!!! :ouch: :ouch:

axisgt
sorry...but i need more data...give me information...how much??? :confused:

please!!!.... :indiff:

send me a mail please!!! axisgt@yahoo.com

thanks!!! :) :)

p.d: i need this information...because im stucked in Test Course (GT All Stars)... :ouch: :guilty:

im so noob!!! :ouch: :ouch:

OK, I´ll give this a shot, and e-mail you my setup. You´ll have to wait a couple of hours though.

My B-spec Bob always screws up the Laguna Seca, i've tested almost every setting i've come over but still he always spins of... please help!

im also hoping to use the formula gran turismo on the 100 laps of the high speed track or whatever it is, however i cant seem to find on the map any shops that sell tires for it, im looking ro some RSH tires.
also is there any shop that sells parts for it?
cmon i dont want to lose that race again.
oh and i hear if that toyota 7 is one of the cars is in the race to exit until the lineup doesnt havent in it, is this right?

ive only played this game for quite awhile and i mostly use Bspec for the FGT..
Bspec skill is around 6000...

ive managed to find a setting, using speed setting 3, to give me laps on the 'ring at 5:38.983 (BBC at 1/1), 3:02.4XX on la sarthe II and 3:12.1XX at la sarthe I (BBC at 3/3)...

when i push Bob on the 'ring he gives me a lap of 5'27'XXX...

it also gave me a time of 53.XXX on midfield in Aspec...

this setting does not spin out on Laguna Seca in Bspec at speed setting 3...

spring rate: 12.4 / 12.5
ride height: 65 / 65
bound: 8 / 8
rebound: 8 / 8
camber: 1.5 / 0
toe: 0 / 0
brake balance: 1 / 1
downforce: 75 / 105
LSD: 15 / 60 / 20
ASM: 10 / 10
TCS: 5

final gear ratio (using tranny trick): 3.212

i know most ppl say that the tranny trick doesnt work but to me it does for the FGT.. using the 400m run as a test, the tranny trick ratio was faster than stock. its also faster on the 1000m run. Use BBC 1/1 for every track except for the 2 La Sarthes where 3/3 works better (when running Bspec). in Aspec use BBC 1/1.

I've got some settings for some people to try. Feed back on these settnigs of mine are greatly appreciated.

Suspension

Spring Rate == 12.5 / 12.5
Ride Height == 50 / 50
Shock (Bound) == 4 / 4
Shock (Rebound) == 6 / 6
Camber Angle == 2.0 / 2.0
Toe Angle == 0 / -2

Transmission = Do tranny trick first*

1st gear == 7.016
2nd gear == 4.746
3rd gear == 3.399
4th gear == 2.529
5th gear == 2.020
6th gear == 1.690
7th gear == 1.400
Final == 4.125
Auto == 16

*Note = To perform the tranny trick =
1st. Slide "Final" to the far right to 5.500
2nd. Slide "Auto" to the far right to 25, THEN left to 1
3rd. Then play with "Final" to gear ratio you want / need

ASM System (Oversteer) == 3
ASM System (Understeer) == 3
TCS Controller == 5

Brakes == 3 / 3

Limited-Slip

Initial Torque == 15
Limited-slip Accelerator == 40
Limited-slip Decelerator == 30

Weight Balance

Ballast Weight == 30
Front/Rear Balance == -10

Downforce == 75 / 105

Please take note that these settings were compiled from all others who submitted settings for the FGT car. All I did was play with some to see which setting combos worked and the above work best for those who use the DS2 and automatic (not sure if these will work with the wheel drivers).

Also, I drove this car in the FGT series today before work and I was able to get 1st position with no effort on all the tracks the series takes place on. PLUS, with these settings you can out last the AI cars for 3-8 laps BEFORE YOU pit. Trust me, I practiced these settings today and was able to get first and keep it with out trying :)

So for those amateur players looking for settings for this car, I recommend you try my settings and let me know what you all think of them.

Again, you can last 3-8 laps (depending on the track) AFTER the AI pits before you need to pit for the fisrt time. Maybe more depending how well you play the game.

Hope this helps out.

If ANYONE wants settings for a car let me know and I'll post a thread with requested settings, mod permitting of course ;)

Ermac26
I've got some settings for some people to try. Feed back on these settnigs of mine are greatly appreciated.

im winning another fgt as we speak about 3 hours left. im using the other one i have (first one i got) to test all these settings on all these pages. basically ill run the ring on practice mode and post the time for each set up. them i will race the car in the formula series and post the results. i will let bob pit when he chooses.

rualeb
im winning another fgt as we speak about 3 hours left. im using the other one i have (first one i got) to test all these settings on all these pages. basically ill run the ring on practice mode and post the time for each set up. them i will race the car in the formula series and post the results. i will let bob pit when he chooses.

So I'm assuming you are using my settings posted above?
If so, they work very well...been using them for the FGT race series now and have been winning

yes i do but i also want one car with stock settings, and all colors. except for that damn bumble bee color it makes me want to puke its so ugly.
ive gotten that one twice too.

Ok so I got a problem (who doesnt), I use Duck's FGT settings, and they work great! But the only problem is that for some reason a little "WOW" happens now and then. Say I'm running on Deep Forest Raceway, and Im about to fly through the last corner. Well I try to stay on the gas through out that corner, except that even without hitting the apex...the rear end goes out on me and BOOM I hit all the walls on the straight! What setting do I change in order to prevent this. I've tried the TOE and CAMBER, but I only made it worst than it was. Any help on this,

Here's Duck's Settings By The way: CLICK HERE(This setting works great!)

i need help wit the super speedway race. i cant get bob to finish first. no matter how many times i tried. its always third. o i run b spec. cause of no super licence.

I've tried all the setups I've seen, but I still can't beat these:

SR_______10.0/10.0
RH_______49/49
SB________4/4
SRB_______4/4
CA______2.1/1.4
TA________0/-1

IT__________15
Acel________40
Decel_______30
Brakes______3/3
Down-force____75/103

Tranny trick, then:
1st___________7.016
2nd___________4.746
3rd___________3.399
4th___________2.529
5th___________2.020
6th___________1.690
7th___________1.400
Final__________4.125
Auto___________16

ASM over______0
ASM under_____0
TCS___________5

They were created by Rac3rX. See what you think.
Pete.

I tried this setup after becoming confused trying to setup the car myself, I started from base settings and was gradually lowering stiffness as the car just jumped around but then just confused myself with what I should be adjusting, dampeners or spring rate...

I've modified the above setup to my own tastes, for me that setup had to much oversteer.

This is at NURBURGRING ONLY. I haven't tested anywhere else.

SR_______10.0/10.1
RH_______62/60
SB________2/2
SRB_______5/5
CA______2.0/1.0
TA________1/-1

IT__________10
Acel________40
Decel_______45
Brakes______5/2
Down-force____75/105

ASM over______2
ASM under_____2
TCS___________7

EDIT: Improved the setup. I think the low rebound was the problem as when reading the GT thread about oversteer someone was saying about 1/10 - 1/10 and its seemed to of fixed the problem I was having of snap oversteer in fast bends especially the bumpy 6 and 7th gear flat out corners.

I also lowered the rear a bit and stiffened slightly to try and give it less weight transfer.

Seems a tad more unstable but its minor, and the gain in balance made laps a lot more consistant without having to second guess if the back was going to try and overtake the front.

My stiff spring setup for most other circuits is:

SR_______17.4/17.5
RH_______46/45
SB________5/5
SRB_______7/7
CA______2.0/1.0
TA________0/-1

IT__________15
Acel________40
Decel_______45
Brakes______6/2
Down-force____75/105

ASM over______3
ASM under_____3
TCS___________5

Balanced more towards understeering i'm confident the back will stick so can throw the car into corners as when the back goes on this car at the speed its doing and the speed the back comes around I can't catch it.

i need help wit the super speedway race. i cant get bob to finish first. no matter how many times i tried. its always third. o i run b spec. cause of no super licence.

o come on GET YOUR SUPER LICENSE i did that race a-spec whole time i pitted every 6 laps while the computer pitted every 40 laps i still won with a 6lap margine

Latest Posts

Back