Formula GT car settings?

Discussion in 'GT4 Tuning' started by roguearthur, Mar 4, 2005.

1. 88c-v Racer

88c-v Racer

does anyone have a setup for the formula GT that can win in b-spec?
    any help would be appriciated. :)

2. tomivav

tomivav

please, advise me.
    i'm driving the formula gt wc with toyota minolta race car. i've done it all the way to nurburgring (12th race), and now i'm having trouble. i tried to change the setup, but i'm not sure i'm doing the right thing. so, if you can, please help.
    what do you recommend to keep the car away from bouncy behavior? what should i do?

3. bergauk

bergauk

I'm going to suggest you search the forums. I'm sure a setup exists.

4. mustangGT90210

mustangGT90210

My suggestion is simple. Race the Formula GT there.

5. bergauk

bergauk

Hahaha. Good one.
    I didn't like the way it handled when I first drove it.

6. mustangGT90210

mustangGT90210

I loved it. It's like a go cart! And it's fast as hell.

7. bergauk

bergauk

Meh, I'll go drive a Pagani Zonda before I drive that thing again. :yuck:

8. mustangGT90210

mustangGT90210

I won't drive the Zonda unless forced. It has crap brakes even after you upgrade them and make them super strong from the controller.

9. bergauk

bergauk

Haha, who said anything about stopping?

10. tomivav

tomivav

Unfortunatelly I don't have Formula GT yet. Altough I know you can win it in some of the endurance races. Everything's been going good 'till now, but it's not that hard. I'll just try a bit harder.
    I searched the forums (not for too long though...) and I found this but I'm preety lazy to search it thoroughly. I guess I'll read those guides or something...
    Or just play it. Thank you anyway.

11. killer450235

killer450235 (Banned)

Ah I remember doing a 50 lap f1 race against my friend.We both put super soft and the f1 seemed to have less grip :odd:

12. isamu

isamu

Necorbump I know, but I feel this thread in important. I just completed the Formula World GT Championship and found Sakaguchi's setup to be extremely helpful! I was sorta struggling at the 'ring because the road is SOOO damn bumpy I could barely control the car. The bumps are even more pronounced because I'm using a DD wheel and every bump can be felt in extreme detail. But his setup helped reduce them a little bit and also made the car steer a litlle better. So just want to say thanks Sakaguchi for posting this setup bro! It helped a lot. Otherwise the other races were long but fairly easy. I lapped them at pretty all tracks except the ring.

13. timekiller001

timekiller001

I just did the FGT Nordschleife event... I remember that while finishing the race before that, I thought about the fact that I wanted to change the height so the bumps wouldn't affect me that much.
    Coming up to the race, I simply forgot it and started the race with the stock setup (I did every race in B-Spec, but here I had the feeling he would've failed massively, so I did it in A-Spec).
    The car felt horrible in the beginning and I had problems to keep the pace to the other cars, but after some time I got used to it and caught the leader. It was so bumpy it really was difficult. I tried the first stint with two laps before pitting, but my rear tires were completely gone towards the end of lap 2 that I lost a lot of time and position.
    From then on I pitted every lap and got more and more used to the car and track and it got way better over the time.
    My best time with the pit stops was a 5:48.xxx. On the last lap I did a 5:33xxx, but on the checkpoint on the beginning of the long straight I was about 9 secs slower than on my fastest lap. So a 5:24-25 could've been possible.
    By pitting every lap you gain so much time every two laps, since their tires are finished and the bots lose a lot of time.

14. LGT42

LGT42