Formula GT car settings?

• Thread starter roguearthur
  • 134 comments
please, advise me.
i'm driving the formula gt wc with toyota minolta race car. i've done it all the way to nurburgring (12th race), and now i'm having trouble. i tried to change the setup, but i'm not sure i'm doing the right thing. so, if you can, please help.
what do you recommend to keep the car away from bouncy behavior? what should i do?

please, advise me.
i'm driving the formula gt wc with toyota minolta race car. i've done it all the way to nurburgring (12th race), and now i'm having trouble. i tried to change the setup, but i'm not sure i'm doing the right thing. so, if you can, please help.
what do you recommend to keep the car away from bouncy behavior? what should i do?

My suggestion is simple. Race the Formula GT there.

Meh, I'll go drive a Pagani Zonda before I drive that thing again. :yuck:

I won't drive the Zonda unless forced. It has crap brakes even after you upgrade them and make them super strong from the controller.

Unfortunatelly I don't have Formula GT yet. Altough I know you can win it in some of the endurance races. Everything's been going good 'till now, but it's not that hard. I'll just try a bit harder.
I searched the forums (not for too long though...) and I found this but I'm preety lazy to search it thoroughly. I guess I'll read those guides or something...
Or just play it. Thank you anyway.

ive only played this game for quite awhile and i mostly use Bspec for the FGT..
Bspec skill is around 6000...

ive managed to find a setting, using speed setting 3, to give me laps on the 'ring at 5:38.983 (BBC at 1/1), 3:02.4XX on la sarthe II and 3:12.1XX at la sarthe I (BBC at 3/3)...

when i push Bob on the 'ring he gives me a lap of 5'27'XXX...

it also gave me a time of 53.XXX on midfield in Aspec...

this setting does not spin out on Laguna Seca in Bspec at speed setting 3...

spring rate: 12.4 / 12.5
ride height: 65 / 65
bound: 8 / 8
rebound: 8 / 8
camber: 1.5 / 0
toe: 0 / 0
brake balance: 1 / 1
downforce: 75 / 105
LSD: 15 / 60 / 20
ASM: 10 / 10
TCS: 5

final gear ratio (using tranny trick): 3.212

i know most ppl say that the tranny trick doesnt work but to me it does for the FGT.. using the 400m run as a test, the tranny trick ratio was faster than stock. its also faster on the 1000m run. Use BBC 1/1 for every track except for the 2 La Sarthes where 3/3 works better (when running Bspec). in Aspec use BBC 1/1.

Necorbump I know, but I feel this thread in important. I just completed the Formula World GT Championship and found Sakaguchi's setup to be extremely helpful! I was sorta struggling at the 'ring because the road is SOOO damn bumpy I could barely control the car. The bumps are even more pronounced because I'm using a DD wheel and every bump can be felt in extreme detail. But his setup helped reduce them a little bit and also made the car steer a litlle better. So just want to say thanks Sakaguchi for posting this setup bro! It helped a lot. Otherwise the other races were long but fairly easy. I lapped them at pretty all tracks except the ring.

I just did the FGT Nordschleife event... I remember that while finishing the race before that, I thought about the fact that I wanted to change the height so the bumps wouldn't affect me that much.
Coming up to the race, I simply forgot it and started the race with the stock setup (I did every race in B-Spec, but here I had the feeling he would've failed massively, so I did it in A-Spec).
The car felt horrible in the beginning and I had problems to keep the pace to the other cars, but after some time I got used to it and caught the leader. It was so bumpy it really was difficult. I tried the first stint with two laps before pitting, but my rear tires were completely gone towards the end of lap 2 that I lost a lot of time and position.
From then on I pitted every lap and got more and more used to the car and track and it got way better over the time.
My best time with the pit stops was a 5:48.xxx. On the last lap I did a 5:33xxx, but on the checkpoint on the beginning of the long straight I was about 9 secs slower than on my fastest lap. So a 5:24-25 could've been possible.
By pitting every lap you gain so much time every two laps, since their tires are finished and the bots lose a lot of time.

Thanks to "R32GTST/M", "stigie", "Awajie Islander", and "Duck7892" for their input, which led me to this setup. It works like crazy:

SR 17.4 / 17.5
RH 45 / 45
SB 6 / 6
SR 8 / 8
Camb 2.0 / 1.0
Toe 0 / -2
BB 4 / 1

LSDI 15
LSDA 45
LSDD 55

ASM 10 / 10
TCS 5
DF Max

To use the transmission final drive settings below, first do this:

1. Slide Final all the way to the right to 5.500.
2. Slide Autoset full right to 25, then full left to 1 and leave it there. You now have the closest-possible set of gears.
3. Then slide Final to the correct ratio for the track. Here are the actual Final settings for each track in the Formula GT series:

Tokyo Route 246 - 3.220
Twin Ring Motegi-Super Speedway - 3.220
New York - 3.220
High Speed Ring - 3.220
Grand Valley Speedway - 3.220
Circuit de la Sarthe I - 3.220
Cote d' Azur - 3.750
Seoul Central - 3.220
Infineon Raceway-Sports Car Course - 3.700
Laguna Seca Raceway - 3.700
Twin Ring Motegi-Road Course - 3.500
Nurburgring - 3.220
El Captain - 3.400
Fuji Speedway 2005 - 3.220
Suzuka Circuit - 3.500

On most tracks the fuel will last over twice as long as the tires. Opting to not take on fuel on every other stop not only saves time in the pits, you'll go faster with the lighter fuel load.

(BTW, my B-Spec Bob can drive the F1 car pretty much error-free on the "4" setting on all tracks except Suzuka. On many such as Tokyo R246, he can go error-free on "5" for the whole race.)

I don't know what to say about that stock 10/10 ASM setting, other than that I can go a lot faster with it than with ASM off. I'm conditioned from the old GT3 days to always turn ASM off because the conventional wisdom is that it makes you go slower. I am really beginning to wonder if that is always the case in GT4. It may be more a matter of how you want to play the game - aided or unaided. In some cases it could be as much a speed secret as it is a crutch to help you stay under control.

There is no doubt, however, that 10/10 ASM drastically lowers my A-Spec lap times with the Formula GT car. Example: Tokyo R246 - No ASM: 1:15.9 best lap so far. 10/10 ASM: 1:14.1, and I'll do better than that if I ever manage a "perfect" lap.

Use ASM to taste on the Formula 1 car. Your call.
using this setup i managed to get 1:12.2 on tokyo r246 and 5:40.1 on the ring

Back