Forza 4 Demo Thread

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 1,080 comments
I just downloaded the trial, its really good. The physics are more dynamic than GT5, and the in-car view is excellent.

I got a 2 day pass and played online for the first time last night on the 360. I suck driving that Cinque, can't get it to not understeer. It is like it is on rails. I guess it is easier to get the car turned in using a steering wheel? Anyone played with both?

saidur_ali
I got a 2 day pass and played online for the first time last night on the 360. I suck driving that Cinque, can't get it to not understeer. It is like it is on rails. I guess it is easier to get the car turned in using a steering wheel? Anyone played with both?

Brake to transfer weight over the front and it will turn in.

Obviously don't over brake and turn hard because tires don't like doing both and you will go straight on.

Haven't tried both inputs sorry. Can't comment on controllers.

Brake to transfer weight over the front and it will turn in.

Obviously don't over brake and turn hard because tires don't like doing both and you will go straight on.

Haven't tried both inputs sorry. Can't comment on controllers.

Thanks for suggestions. However I have tried quite a few things and can't get it to turn in as I would like. Is it possible to induce any oversteer using a wheel through corners while still driving fast. I can't get the rears to slip at all when I need to, just seems to go straight on the same path like it is on rails.

Wardez, let me know how you get on the wheel, I'm similar pace to you with a pad. Thanks in advance ;).

saidur_ali
Thanks for suggestions. However I have tried quite a few things and can't get it to turn in as I would like. Is it possible to induce any oversteer using a wheel through corners while still driving fast. I can't get the rears to slip at all when I need to, just seems to go straight on the same path like it is on rails.

Wardez, let me know how you get on the wheel, I'm similar pace to you with a pad. Thanks in advance ;).

Well turn one, more of a chicane really, people are sideways going through if taken at pace. Not from a standing start but on the flying lap.

Download a couple of different ghost's, I'm sure one of them is sideways.

Zonda's got plenty of grip but I've still power oversteered in 3rd going into 4th.
Good place to see it is after the tunnel drop to 3rd for the left-hander.
Then you have the long hairpin leading back up the hill.
I've lost the back end at the beginning accelerating at the start.

Hope you know where I mean.

Played the demo. To be honest I did not like very much. Steering feels a bit mushy and FFB could be stronger.(I might have frong wheel settings) I will continue tomorrow but now it seems I can not like this before they fix variable steering ratio "bug". I played with Turbo S wheel.
After they fix the bug, I will like this more and of course it takes some time for me to get used to this kind of FFB again.(I have not played forza 3 for ages)

Jai
The sound isn't high pitched enough.. I couldn't get it to do this..

You're posting videos of the car driving through London, though. The sound is going to be amplified as it bounces off the nearby buildings & echos throughout the area.

Supercars driving through major downtown areas might as well sound like they've just gone through a tunnel compared to the video Ashers posted.

True, but London or the Middle East are the only places you'll ever see this car in real life.

I still don't believe the sound is accurate though, TDU2 was the closest to fine accuracy of the real car I have seen, the Cinque is a combination of the Zonda F and Zonda R, two of the loudest cars produced by the company.

If you put the pedal down, even on a track, the sound wouldn't be that different from flooring it in a city centre, which if you did that in London, you would end up in the Themes.

Just tried the demo.

First with the good.

The physics feel much better.Sounds are much better.Heck even the shifting feels pretty dang smooth.I'm not sure where people get there is a steering assist.I tired it with the setting on and then off.I hate to tell you but when it's off,it's off.The AI seems to be smarter and i had a few battles that were pretty intense at times.The graphics(i could care less about,but some people do care about)look the same as FM3.Nothing bad about that as FM3 looked really good.These parts of the game are really good

Now with the bad.

Rival mode.I'm not sure if this is the new Hotlap system but if it is...what in the world were you thinking Turn 10?I wasted an hour just trying to get a clean lap and still i have yet to get one.Maybe you'll say drive better,well just the slightest scrape against an AI car and your laptime is invalid.I dropped way too many f-bombs to be good for my health.It's just a bit too frustrating.If this is the new way to Hotlap system then i give a big 👎.

Other than my last paragraph the demo felt real good.

I give the demo a good score of 8.0/10.0 taking 2 points off for Rival mode.

Jai
If you put the pedal down, even on a track, the sound wouldn't be that different from flooring it in a city centre, which if you did that in London, you would end up in the Themes.

Really? Are you sure they wouldn't sound different? Then why does your video and MildAshers video sound different?

Jai
True, but London or the Middle East are the only places you'll ever see this car in real life.

I still don't believe the sound is accurate though, TDU2 was the closest to fine accuracy of the real car I have seen, the Cinque is a combination of the Zonda F and Zonda R, two of the loudest cars produced by the company.

I floor it, its loud, I'm happy. :) Never seen one IRL though.

Just tried the demo.

First with the good.

The physics feel much better.Sounds are much better.Heck even the shifting feels pretty dang smooth.I'm not sure where people get there is a steering assist.I tired it with the setting on and then off.I hate to tell you but when it's off,it's off.The AI seems to be smarter and i had a few battles that were pretty intense at times.The graphics(i could care less about,but some people do care about)look the same as FM3.Nothing bad about that as FM3 looked really good.These parts of the game are really good

Now with the bad.

Rival mode.I'm not sure if this is the new Hotlap system but if it is...what in the world were you thinking Turn 10?I wasted an hour just trying to get a clean lap and still i have yet to get one.Maybe you'll say drive better,well just the slightest scrape against an AI car and your laptime is invalid.I dropped way too many f-bombs to be good for my health.It's just a bit too frustrating.If this is the new way to Hotlap system then i give a big 👎.

Did you try the Zonda? No traffic to deal with.

Just tried the demo.

First with the good.

Now with the bad.

Rival mode.I'm not sure if this is the new Hotlap system but if it is...what in the world were you thinking Turn 10?I wasted an hour just trying to get a clean lap and still i have yet to get one.Maybe you'll say drive better,well just the slightest scrape against an AI car and your laptime is invalid.I dropped way too many f-bombs to be good for my health.It's just a bit too frustrating.If this is the new way to Hotlap system then i give a big :tdown:.

You know there is a Rival mode with no cars on the track. So it isn't you HAVE to drive the one with cars on the track. You have a choice.

You know there is a Rival mode with no cars on the track. So it isn't you HAVE to drive the one with cars on the track. You have a choice.

Wow i feel like a :dunce: now.I didn't realize you could turn that off.I looked for a setting but couldn't find it.

Just tried the demo.

First with the good.

Now with the bad.

Really surprised you don't find an improvement on graphics since most of us think that has been the biggest improvement overall.

As for Rivals mode. Not sure if you tried out the Zonda event which has no traffic. Please don't take offense to this but if you are hitting things and can't complete a clean lap then I'm sorry to say that's more of a thumbs down on your driving and not on T10. Just so you know rivals mode with traffic is not the only way to hot lap it's just one of the options.

Wow i feel like a :dunce: now.I didn't realize you could turn that off.I looked for a setting but couldn't find it.

It's not in the settings for the demo but the Zonda event has no traffic.

Perhaps this was covered in one of the first 52 pages but I didn't see it so here goes..

In Forza 3 I couldn't understand how a car with traction control on could spin its' wheels from a stop for 2-3 seconds. It is the same or similar in the demo for Forza 4. Also, how can a car with abs power slide with all 4 wheels locked.

Now I may be missing something, but I own cars with TC and ABS and those things are not possible on those cars. Please help me to grasp that which escapes me here.

Jai
That's beside the point.
They may be the loudest, but that doesn't mean the Zonda Cinque will. Pagani obviously manufactured the car to sound different.
Yes, it will. The buildings of London cause the sound of the engine to bounce off them & create an echo throughout the area. Again, the sound becoming louder follows the same principle of why cars get louder in tunnels.

Your videos don't do a good job of supporting of what you're saying either as the quick 3 revs combined between the 2 videos can be heard as they echo throughout the city blocks.

Really surprised you don't find an improvement on graphics since most of us think that has been the biggest improvement overall.

As for Rivals mode. Not sure if you tried out the Zonda event which has no traffic. Please don't take offense to this but if you are hitting things and can't complete a clean lap then I'm sorry to say that's more of a thumbs down on your driving and not on T10. Just so you know rivals mode with traffic is not the only way to hot lap it's just one of the options.

It's not in the settings for the demo but the Zonda event has no traffic.

Is that the 1st or 2nd event.For the Zonda that is.

I just jumped straight to the Ferrari Event and kept doing that one over and over and just figured all the events were like that.

Is that the 1st or 2nd event.For the Zonda that is.

I just jumped straight to the Ferrari Event and kept doing that one over and over and just figured all the events were like that.

The Zonda event is the first event in rivals mode (or on the far left). 👍

I'll be sure to try it out after i wash the dishes.Man i hate doing them by hand :crazy:

I hear ya there. I used to work for a small restaurant that didn't have a mechanical dishwasher so I had to wash them by hand and by myself. Busy nights sucked.

I hear ya there. I used to work for a small restaurant that didn't have a mechanical dishwasher so I had to wash them by hand and by myself. Busy nights sucked.

When i bought my house a few years back i was going to get a dishwasher,but never got around to it.I should have got one before all my bills piled up.Now i wish i had one. :(

Back