Forza 4 Nordschleife

• Thread starter azrael1965
  • 340 comments
I have raced hundreds of laps professionaly around the nurburgring nordschleife, my last race was last weekend, and i can assure you, that the nordschleife in Forza 4 is so far off from being anywhere close to realism that its sad.

I have played both GT5's and Forza's version, and GT5 so far has the most accurate version on consoles.

Forza 4's version is just so wide and smooth, nothing at all like the real ring.
Honestly said, when i drove around the ring on FM4 it felt like a different track.

Qualyfing around the Nurburgring + Nordschleife in a Porsche GT3 CUP S 997

Thanks for posting this. Simply awesome.

I have raced hundreds of laps professionaly around the nurburgring nordschleife, my last race was last weekend, and i can assure you, that the nordschleife in Forza 4 is so far off from being anywhere close to realism that its sad.

I have played both GT5's and Forza's version, and GT5 so far has the most accurate version on consoles.

Forza 4's version is just so wide and smooth, nothing at all like the real ring.
Honestly said, when i drove around the ring on FM4 it felt like a different track.

This is what I mean, to say the Forza 4 version of the Nurb is fine is just crazy to me and I would venture to say the people that say that are letting some Forza 4 fanboyism show because it is plain as day it is not modeled correctly at all.

You should be able to recognize every corner on the track when you look at it, in F4 you feel like where the heck am I? you really have to look hard to recognize you are on the Nurb.

Qualyfing around the Nurburgring + Nordschleife in a Porsche GT3 CUP S 997

Thank you too christopher for the video and your opinion as a professional driver. I really envy you so much for being able to drive a 911 racecar in a real endurance race on the king of tracks! 👍 And 8:26 is just crazy!

Last edited:
because it is plain as day it is not modeled correctly at all.
Nor are Laguna or Monaco in GT5, but people who have problems with them don't have the balls to say "if you don't care as much as I do you aren't a true car enthusiast" as you keep insinuating.

Last edited:
This is what I mean, to say the Forza 4 version of the Nurb is fine is just crazy to me and I would venture to say the people that say that are letting some Forza 4 fanboyism show because it is plain as day it is not modeled correctly at all.

You should be able to recognize every corner on the track when you look at it, in F4 you feel like where the heck am I? you really have to look hard to recognize you are on the Nurb.

We know it's not modelled correctly, it's too wide, the elevation changes are not right which both lead to it not being the right length. However, some of us have the ability to not let that ruin the experience. And t o say that it's difficult to recognise its the Nurburgring when you drive it in FM is just proposterous. I have no problem with people picking fault with it but to make such statements lends no weight to your opinions.

Bear in mind that 20.83km is the official length of the track. Forza is roughly 15% oversize.

That, despite on the loading screen fact itself saying the track is 20.8km in length. How contradicting :lol:

So I've never driven there in real life but from videos I've seen, GT5's is the closest to the real one while Forza's is just not bumpy enough, feels too smooth around the corners and it flows too cleanly. The kerbs are wrong too... Many of them!

The strange thing is i am level 35 at Forza now and i still haven't been offered a single race on the complete Nordschleife track during the world tour mode.

Sorry but may i have your opinion as a racer on the physics of both games?

Last edited:
Nor are Laguna or Monaco in GT5, but people who have problems with them don't have the balls to say "if you don't care as much as I do you aren't a true car enthusiast" as you keep insinuating.

What are the problems with the Laguna in GT5? Is it too long or too wide? Not bumpy enough?

Could you be more specific?

I can't remember everything, but The Corkscrew isn't accurate.

If there's anything else (and I believe there is, something to do with the rumble strips) I'd have to play. Which, at the moment, I have no intention of doing.

We need more than just someones opinion, show real data on where the inaccuracies are in Laguna videos etc. in the same way you can show the Nurbs inaccuracies in Forza 4.

We know it's not modelled correctly, it's too wide, the elevation changes are not right which both lead to it not being the right length. However, some of us have the ability to not let that ruin the experience. And t o say that it's difficult to recognise its the Nurburgring when you drive it in FM is just proposterous. I have no problem with people picking fault with it but to make such statements lends no weight to your opinions.

Actually it is not preposterous, if you read the post by an actual pro driver that said if feels like a completely different track when you drive on it that would show you that it is so incorrectly modeled that it is like driving on an entirely different track.

Actually it is not preposterous, if you read the post by an actual pro driver that said if feels like a completely different track when you drive on it that would show you that it is so incorrectly modeled that it is like driving on an entirely different track.

Have you driven it?

The pro driver said it felt like another track when driving on the FM4 Nordschleife. And as is proven by the video, his opinion should weight more then almost all of us. Which one of us can lap the Nordschleife + GP in 8:26 in real life?

The pro driver said it felt like another track when driving on the FM4 Nordschleife. And as is proven by the video, his opinion should weight more then almost all of us. Which one of us can lap the Nordschleife + GP in 8:26 in real life?

Yes the pro driver, who has an intimate knowledge of every inch of the track. But for the rest of us who have only raced it in a virtual sense? We have no Ida what the bumps and elevation changes 'feel' like because the last time I looked virtual games don't give us the feeling of g force. The ring in FM4 is a good approximation of reality, GT5 has a better opproximation, however both are still a good approximation and for anyone who hasn't done lap after lap around the real track FM4 is a perfectly acceptable approximation. In the same way that Seca is slightly better in FM4 but perfectly acceptable in GT5.

Defend it all you want but if you are a true car enthusiast F4 version of the ring is inexcusable.

Forgot about that review, that is a great comparison. Like I said the GT5 version of laguna is very accurate.

Actually, the GT5 Laguna is extremely inaccurate and inexcusable. The corkskrew, a couple of the elevations are overstated and understated, it's too smooth, is missing some track deformations. That is just a start.

I don't know much about the GT5 Laguna Seca and it might be inaccurate like you said, but maybe you can make a threat in the GT5 section about Laguna Seca? The FM4 Nordschleife doesn't get any better, because GT5 has a bad Laguna Seca. It would fit in the GT5 vs Forza Threat although.

Sorry but may i have your opinion as a racer on the physics of both games?

physics wise both games are great. I mainly play on GT5 but my team mate mainly plays on FM4 and we both said that both physics engines are great.

I enjoy every aspect of GT5 and when i played FM4, i really enjoyed that too.

I must admit, that i slighty prefere the track selection of FM4 with more real world tracks such as road america etc ... but the track layouts are just too smooth.

Note, i have raced the 2007 2008 champ car altantic in the united states and ran 3 races at laguna seca, and GT5's version is doing alright.

iRacings is the most accurate, but then again... these are laser scanned tracks.

I don't know about you guys but in both games when I am driving on nord, I know I am on nord. I am not mistaken which track I am on. I don't get confused if I am on Laguna Seca nor Spa nor Road Atlanta... I know I am on the green hell. One game does it better, modeled better, looks better but that isn't saying the other does it wrong.. some folks here seem like they are implying GT5 does it 100% accurate and FM4 version is so off that you have no clue you are even in the infamous track... yeeeesh..

physics wise both games are great. I mainly play on GT5 but my team mate mainly plays on FM4 and we both said that both physics engines are great.

I enjoy every aspect of GT5 and when i played FM4, i really enjoyed that too.

I must admit, that i slighty prefere the track selection of FM4 with more real world tracks such as road america etc ... but the track layouts are just too smooth.

Note, i have raced the 2007 2008 champ car altantic in the united states and ran 3 races at laguna seca, and GT5's version is doing alright.

iRacings is the most accurate, but then again... these are laser scanned tracks.
Thanks for your comment, chris. Great to know that both games have really good physics, that even race drivers acknowledge. And also for telling us that there is nothing wrong with GT5 Laguna Seca, even from a professionals poiunt of view.

And GT5 doesn't get any better because FM4 doesn't have the perfect ring. They are both guilty of supplying inaccurate tracks. Sad but true.

Are we discussing about which is the better game here? There is another threat is this section discussing that.
This is a very good driver with the SLR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzmakywxH_A
6th on the leaderboard. But he did a 9:09 lap with a stock SLR and that's far from reality. A stock SLR can do a 7:40 lap http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/mclaren_mercedes_slr.html Even considering he has a standing start and heavy traffic that is quite unrealistic.

Last edited:
Actually, the GT5 Laguna is extremely inaccurate and inexcusable.

To arrive to such a sweeping conclusion you must have amassed a pile of undisputable evidence.

The corkskrew, a couple of the elevations are overstated and understated, it's too smooth, is missing some track deformations.

I'd be very interested to see the data that supports your claims.

That is just a start.

By all means, don't hold back, continue please.

This thread is still going...

Yes, even though most people playing Forza have moved to the Forzaplanet site.

You still have bitter people that cant stand that FM does things that GT5 cannot, so they try to pick it apart. It always comes down to the same thing...the ring. Even after the fact it is widely known it isnt as accurate as it should be, people still continue to point it out, like its big news.

Fact, Nords isnt as accurate in FM4 as it is in GT5.

Fact, FM4 has more real world tracks than GT5.

Fact, both games do a fine job of replicating the tracks, especially for someone who has not driven a race on them in real life.

All in all its pretty silly a thread (not threat) has gone on so long over one track.

If someone likes to drive the ring, with a select few cars that actually look good and have cockpit view, then GT5 is your best bet. If someone wants to drive on more than a handful of real world tracks, in cockpit view, in any car being a premium, than FM4 is your best bet.

Yes, even though most people playing Forza have moved to the Forzaplanet site.

You still have bitter people that cant stand that FM does things that GT5 cannot, so they try to pick it apart. It always comes down to the same thing...the ring. Even after the fact it is widely known it isnt as accurate as it should be, people still continue to point it out, like its big news.

Fact, Nords isnt as accurate in FM4 as it is in GT5.

Fact, FM4 has more real world tracks than GT5.

Fact, both games do a fine job of replicating the tracks, especially for someone who has not driven a race on them in real life.

All in all its pretty silly a thread (not threat) has gone on so long over one track.

If someone likes to drive the ring, with a select few cars that actually look good and have cockpit view, then GT5 is your best bet. If someone wants to drive on more than a handful of real world tracks, in cockpit view, in any car being a premium, than FM4 is your best bet.

So what makes you coming back here, if this thread is so silly and not stay at forzaplanet? And why do you care to still compare FM4 to GT5 here, if it has nothing to do with the topic at all. As for myself i gained valueable information thanks to some posters. Your conclusion is better kept at the GT vs Forza Thread, which this is NOT!

If you want to know what the meaning for this thread is kept alive some others and me, it is this:
Hopefully the criticisms are heard by T10 and they work towards finally replacing it with their own, from-scratch model.
Maybe not in FM4 ,but in FM5. No criticism = no change.

Last edited:
Back