Forza 5/6 vs GT6 (See First Post Before Posting)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 1,727 comments
The car list is gonna be a fun comparison, according to this site http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?quality=P GT6 has 471 premiums cars, FM6 is launching with 450+ with plenty more to come through DLC. It's amazing that 2 years into the new generation T10 has caught up with what PD has been building since 2005 or so. Guess you can't really compete with the sheer amount of work force T10 throws at asset building.

Because it's what Zero does. He's completely critical of anything and everything T10 does for reasons unknown to most of us. Just look at his post history.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize this was an post from over a week ago. Sorry for beating a dead horse. :)

I don't know him, but in my time here, being critical seems to be what GTPlanet is all about. I don't have a problem with that whatsoever as I am tired of not getting the console racing game that makes me 100% happy.

I think Kaz has his head in the clouds, what with all the overly ambitious and just plain silly stuff that he dreams up. Moon bloody buggy missions? ffs.

Drop the std cars, get the physics, ai race rules sorted as you say and bob's yer uncle. PD are great at gfx, we all know that but there is more to a driving game that being pretty looking

Imo they take far too long faffing about between episodes. GT should have an iteration released every two years, 3 years max and regular as clockwork

They're far too wooly-minded in their approach
In term of physics if you compare rfactor 2 (whic is the top simulator in term of physics) with Gt and forza, you will see that gt is miles closer to rfactor physics than forza motorsport

The car list is gonna be a fun comparison, according to this site http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?quality=P GT6 has 471 premiums cars, FM6 is launching with 450+ with plenty more to come through DLC. It's amazing that 2 years into the new generation T10 has caught up with what PD has been building since 2005 or so. Guess you can't really compete with the sheer amount of work force T10 throws at asset building.
Seems more like poor planning by Turn 10 after having so many people working on their games since Forza 1, they are only catching up now.

In term of physics if you compare rfactor 2 (whic is the top simulator in term of physics) with Gt and forza, you will see that gt is miles closer to rfactor physics than forza motorsport

The only standard a simulator should be compared against is reality. I don't care if you think Rfactor is the best, hell I don't care if I think Rfactor is the best. Show me some physical evidence to back up your claims and acknowledge evidence that has been presented. All these appeals to authority do nothing to quantify your position.

The only standard a simulator should be compared against is reality. I don't care if you think Rfactor is the best, hell I don't care if I think Rfactor is the best. Show me some physical evidence to back up your claims and acknowledge evidence that has been presented. All these appeals to authority do nothing to quantify your position.
I donn't know how to explain physics because i'm not a
physicist but when i see and drive gran turismo for me its way more natural than forza motorsport in relation of real life

bmw_m4igq8r.jpg

vetLgZ5.jpg

sw4WEqB.jpg

Must be nice living in a world with no torque steer, huh)
+1 solid posts

I dont take anyone seriously when they tout GT as being better at anything (besides having original tracks and a **** load of useless repetitive Japanese cars).

I think we've finally reached a point where they all look pretty sweet. Can't complain.

I don't mean to be the anti-Forza guy here but honestly Turn 10 always seem to be the worst with their bullshots compared to in-game LOD, and I sincerely hope they can get close to that during gameplay because it does look spectacular. Granted, I missed out on FM5 so I wouldn't know if they improved in that department.

Well I have played Forza 4 on an old gen and after playing Forza 5 on the next gen console. Their was a remarked improvement in the simulation and physics of the handling model. But it's better and worse than GT6 in some ways. Their are certain characteristics I think forza does a little better than GT6. You have to be more careful on the throttle control inputs with Forza or you can easily spin out. For me I need all aids on to enjoy the experience to a more like GT5 / GT6 experience. Forza 5 handling physics are different on most cars. Some cars are exciting and easy to drive. Others are more challenging. I think Forza does a better job of delivering each cars own unique character better than GT does. Forza 4 I could not play because handling physics would put me off. With Forza 5 it was improved and better and a lot of cars are enjoyable to drive. You just have to get used to the Microsoft controller and mess with the simulation settings. To Dan Greenawalt when asked whats most important to him when interviewed at E3 this 2015 said the most important aspect is simulation to him.

I'm sure each new Forza will get better and I seriously hope that their simulation and handling physics for cars are improved even better to something that everyone even GT enthusiast will love. Forza needs work in other areas but if they can nail the simulation it will be a great game. A it stands I haven't been playing it but its a love and hate thing. I have it if I want the joy and exhilarating feel and sound of some cars I find nice to drive, others not so much. It already has all the customization and tuning one could need aswell as drag racing. Sometimes I play Forza 5 and are put off by the handling physics still. But even GT6 does this to me. Forza is not perfect but it has improved to being more likable over say my experience with Forza 4 on an old gen Xbox 360. If T10 can make Forza a more connected online experience with chat lobbies etc and brilliant physics and handling that everyone on GT6 will like, then I think a lot of people or my friends could move over to Forza for drag racing and racing.

As it stands no racing game offers the same online experience like GT6 where you can chat to friends and the community as a more engaging experience. Also to have free roam or free practice type rules that players can set. Forza needs more options for their online sessions. So people have control to make what they want. Please correct me if Forza already has this but I'm pretty sure the game still needs a chat feature to better communicated with other players.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be the anti-Forza guy here but honestly Turn 10 always seem to be the worst with their bullshots compared to in-game LOD, and I sincerely hope they can get close to that during gameplay because it does look spectacular. Granted, I missed out on FM5 so I wouldn't know if they improved in that department.
Yeah, they've improved, at least the player's car was almost identical to photo mode apart from rendering hidden engine parts that can be seen in forzavista.

Seems more like poor planning by Turn 10 after having so many people working on their games since Forza 1, they are only catching up now.

It's not really catching up so much as it's leapfrogging: they have a similar total count now, with engine bays and other interior bits modelled to a level that, at least up to this point, PD has displayed in less than 10 cars: the WRC ones.

Poor planning might be a good way to describe spending time working on decade-old assets to make them simply passable, with a severely limited features set compared to cars that were actually modelled this (er, last) generation.

It's not really catching up so much as it's leapfrogging: they have a similar total count now, with engine bays and other interior bits modelled to a level that, at least up to this point, PD has displayed in less than 10 cars: the WRC ones.

Poor planning might be a good way to describe spending time working on decade-old assets to make them simply passable, with a severely limited features set compared to cars that were actually modelled this (er, last) generation.
It will be close to impossible for anyone to compete if T10 continues to build cars/tracks at this rate. Forza 7 in 2017 will probably have 600+ cars and 35+ tracks.
I hope this generation doesn't run longer than 5-6 years tops, 360 and ps3 way overstayed their welcome in the late years of their life and were clearly holding devs back. Same thing now with devs unable to achieve 1080p/60fps without serious compromises. So I'm hoping for Xbox 4/PS5 in 2018, backwards compatible with Xbone/Ps4 right out of the gate, including all peripherals.

Last edited:
It will be close to impossible for anyone to compete if T10 continues to build cars/tracks at this rate. Forza 7 in 2017 will probably have 600+ cars and 35+ tracks.
I hope this generation doesn't run longer than 5-6 years tops, 360 and ps3 way overstayed their welcome in the late years of their life and were clearly holding devs back. Same thing now with devs unable to achieve 1080p/60fps without serious compromises. So I'm hoping for Xbox 4/PS5 in 2018, backwards compatible with Xbone/Ps4 right out of the gate, including all peripherals.

Another gen is just 3 years? FAT chance buddy!

The devs haven't even tapped into the console's full potential? Wait till you see Gears 4 and the two Star Wars games, not to mention Forza 6 and Horizon 3. It's only getting better.

They've hit 60 fps in a lot of games; in fact among the 6 games I own, F.Hor 2 and Hor F&F are the only 30 fps games I've played. 1080p isn't exclusively needed; it's the detail level, texture depth, anti-aliasing and filtering that counts. Just like the X360, the X1's internal scaler does a standout job of upscaling games to 1080p. Hardly any difference between the X1/native 1080p PS4 versions, just like the previous gen.

Have to agree with Speedster. I can't see this current generation only lasting 5 years total. I would expect it to last til' 2020 based on the age of the past couple generations.

Damn you guys are making me want to skip ps4 all together!

I do hope there is a new console by 2020. Running a 2TB SSD (3D nand memory), backwards compatible with all the older systems, running a cpu that will easily trump todays console all on low power too. DO IT!!!

Have to agree with Speedster. I can't see this current generation only lasting 5 years total. I would expect it to last til' 2020 based on the age of the past couple generations.
PS3/360 was a unique case because the hardware was very advanced/expensive at launch plus the GFC hit in 2008, plus they went after the motion controls market with kinect/move. PS1 launched in 1995, PS2 in 2000, 360 in 2005. So no, a long console life is not normal. You could really see that the devs were held back severely dropping resolution and framerate to unplayable levels.
The devs haven't even tapped into the console's full potential?
Looking at how Forza 6 isn't having dynamic ToD/Weather and chances are it's already pushing Xbone to the max like Forza 3 was back on 360, the chances of this feature being implemented this gen are pretty slim.

PS3/360 was a unique case because the hardware was very advanced/expensive at launch plus the GFC hit in 2008, plus they went after the motion controls market with kinect/move. PS1 launched in 1995, PS2 in 2000, 360 in 2005. So no, a long console life is not normal. You could really see that the devs were held back severely dropping resolution and framerate to unplayable levels.

Looking at how Forza 6 isn't having dynamic ToD/Weather and chances are it's already pushing Xbone to the max like Forza 3 was back on 360, the chances of this feature being implemented this gen are pretty slim.
PS1 launches in Sept. 1994. PS2 launches March 2000; 5 years. PS3 launches Nov. 2006; 6.5 years. PS4 launches Nov. 2013. 6 years to the date, give a day or so.
Xbox launches Nov. 2001. X360 launches Nov. 2005;4 years. Xbox One launches 2013; 8 years.

Hence why I said based on what history shows, I don't think the One or the PS4 will only last from 2013-2018. Both Sony & Microsoft are aware consumers don't want to start treating $400 consoles like cell phones, having to buy the next generation in such a time frame between the last.

PS1 launches in Sept. 1994. PS2 launches March 2000; 5 years. PS3 launches Nov. 2006; 6.5 years. PS4 launches Nov. 2013. 6 years to the date, give a day or so.
Xbox launches Nov. 2001. X360 launches Nov. 2005;4 years. Xbox One launches 2013; 8 years.

Hence why I said based on what history shows, I don't think the One or the PS4 will only last from 2013-2018. Both Sony & Microsoft are aware consumers don't want to start treating $400 consoles like cell phones, having to buy the next generation in such a time frame between the last.
5-6 years is plenty for most people.

It's not the 1990s or early 2000s anymore -- fancy AAA games take more time and expense to create today, and I think five years is now a bit short to build a respectable library of titles before moving on to the next console. We've also passed into the territory of diminishing returns on graphics, which is what people desire most from a new generation of consoles. If you wait longer, you can pack more of a jump in processing power at the same price point, of course.

It's not the 1990s or early 2000s anymore -- fancy AAA games take more time and expense to create today, and I think five years is now a bit short to build a respectable library of titles before moving on to the next console. We've also passed into the territory of diminishing returns on graphics, which is what people desire most from a new generation of consoles. If you wait longer, you can pack more of a jump in processing power at the same price point, of course.
It's also no longer a complicated architecture and a major loss for sony/ms. The devs are already close to pushing them to the max and sony/ms have been making money off each system sold since day one. Sticking with AMD for next gen will allow them to have full backwards compatibility to have a smoother transition, the engines/tools should also carry over more easily than before. Once high density ram becomes viable they will jump onboard and it has the potential to be a bigger jump than 7th gen -> 8th.

PS3/360 devs and gamers were clearly showing generation fatigue in 2011-2012, so it's no surprise that PS4/Xbone sales are above everyone's expectations.

There were still KILLER games coming on the X360 around the time... FM4 and Gears 3, Tomb Raider, Bioshock 3 had people wowing over the visuals.

They managed to squeeze out every last bit of oomph from the 360 even after 8 years.

It remains to be seen how far they can push current gen consoles. They say, for example, the PS4 is roughly 50% more powerful than the X1.. yet I find Horizon 2 to be more pleasing to the eye than Drive Club.. or let's take COD Advanced Warfare and Battlefield Hardline... they should both look about 50% better on the PS4, right? Yet, they don't.

From the looks of it, games should perform and look just as good on both consoles, and it will be a while before we see REALLY mind-blowing games - holiday 2015 should give us a good taste of things to come.

PCARS though is one exception where it doesn't look all that impressive on current gen, doesn't do justice. Was expecting the PS4 to be a near-PC version, but it isn't.

Lots of potential to be exploited.. let's wait and see what happens in the next 5 years.

yet I find Horizon 2 to be more pleasing to the eye than Drive Club
Your personal opinion shouldn't factor in here, objectively Driveclub is so far beyond any other racer technically it's not even a comparison.
let's take COD Advanced Warfare and Battlefield Hardline... they should both look about 50% better on the PS4, right?
Multiplatform games are always made with the lowest common denominator in mind, you can't expect them to take full advantage of PS4 without alienating Xbone's userbase, they push a higher resolution on ps4 but that's as far as they can go.
I'm sure GT7 vs FM? will be a fair comparison.

Your personal opinion shouldn't factor in here, objectively Driveclub is so far beyond any other racer technically it's not even a comparison.

Multiplatform games are always made with the lowest common denominator in mind, you can't expect them to take full advantage of PS4 without alienating Xbone's userbase, they push a higher resolution on ps4 but that's as far as they can go.
I'm sure GT7 vs FM? will be a fair comparison.

GT7, yes.. remains to be seen. Kaz has got it all cut out for himself though...with Forza going full guns on night driving, weather, higher car and track count..particularly tracks.

I wonder what's next? Rallying in different conditions and time of day?

Back