Forza 5/6 vs GT6 (See First Post Before Posting)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 1,727 comments
:lol: That's nothing, he probably believed it at the time, he's not as hyper anymore. FM3 was really the game they wanted to make after FM2 which was basically a port of FM1.

Remember this? https://www.gtplanet.net/night-racing-weather-indy-cars-irl-confirmed-for-gt5/

Man, I think that was equally as bad perhaps worse, since some of that was still written on the box at launch lol A lot, and I mean a lot of people were hype because of that.

I think we can all agree both Kaz and Dan are passionate about what they do and their aspirations, and they aren't scared to share that with us.

Last edited:
:lol: That's nothing, he probably believed it at the time, he's not as hyper anymore. FM3 was really the game they wanted to make after FM2 which was basically a port of FM1.

Remember this? https://www.gtplanet.net/night-racing-weather-indy-cars-irl-confirmed-for-gt5/

Man, I think that was equally as bad perhaps worse, since some of that was still written on the box at launch lol A lot, and I mean a lot of people were hype because of that.

I think we can all agree both Kaz and Dan are passionate about what they do and their aspirations, and they aren't scared to share that with us.

That should not be forgotten. Looking at those comments makes me laugh. That whole post was so misleading. "All cars have modeled cockpits"

It's not just the post, this is the official PS magazine talking. The last line in the first paragraph in this image under the 'give me a visual' says it all.

"This is serious business people". lol

Little did we know how serious.

Amazing how quick Zer0 can find a source for that, yet for all the GT-related claims he's been asked about over the past year...

Dan said that, and Kaz said "expect perfection". They're both, by dint of being the producers, the public face of the companies, and are both prone to bouts of PR-speak. Why some would hold that over one's head, and not the other? Your guess is as good as mine.

What I do appreciate in the case of Greenawalt is that he doesn't tend to shy away from questions as much, whether the answer is going to be good or bad. He's been up-front about the weather and time-of-day absence - both disappointing, absolutely - but it sure beats Kaz' insistence on saying "maybe" or "possibly" whenever he's asked directly about a feature's inclusion. I can understand the possible reasoning behind it, but it's wearing very thin.

"It's technically possible"

This saying of Kaz's is easily one of the worst and is awfully misleading.

That stuff was a mistranslation of a leaked Japanese document. The original Japanese was very unclear and basically in marketing speak, so people who didn't know Japanese started to read into it whatever they liked. Somehow a magazine thought one of those dodgy translations was a decent source for an article.

I spent months trying to convince people that it wasn't referring to internal damage modelling, to little avail. People believe what they want to believe.

"It's technically possible"

This saying of Kaz's is easily one of the worst and is awfully misleading.

My Favorite is "The Real Driving Simulator", which can be found on the cover of every GT game. How can there be 6 different "Real" driving simulators, all with different physics!!!

All game marketing bends the truth as much as possible, it's up to the consumer to decide how much faith to put in that marketing.

That stuff was a mistranslation of a leaked Japanese document.

Come on man. The first line of the article states they were in the studio playing the game with the creators of the game and talking to them. Leaked document? Mistranslation?

An Official Playstation magazine wrote all that, not the internet. Are you saying they went to Californian studios, sat and played the game, talked to the Chris-Hino-Josa-Miranda the games associate producer in broken English, and then forgot to confirm almost everything they decided to publish?

There are so many holes in that I don't know where to start

Last edited:
My Favorite is "The Real Driving Simulator", which can be found on the cover of every GT game. How can there be 6 different "Real" driving simulators, all with different physics!!!

Because it simulates real driving, it's not much harder than that. While reality does not change, the possibilities to imitate reality always progress and that is why the physics are always changing.

Actually, "The Real Driving Simulator" is just a GT trademark. But I think it's becoming a bit silly. It had some point in 1997 (or whenever the game was launched, can't remember precisely), where all console "car games" were arcade racers with poor sense of physics (when they even had one). But right now, it feels more like a silly troll attempt than anything else.

GT is far from being "real" and far from being a "simulator". It's still an arcade game with a somewhat realistic physics engine.

GT is still a game where the one and only goal is to pass the finish line in first place and where you have to overtake half of the grid if not the whole grid in order to do what's expected of you. That's not realistic in the very least.

And let's not go into the details of actual racing with race regulations, qualification laps, flags and other nonsense (from GT's point of view).

Of course in that regard the game is not much different than Forza. But Forza doesn't pretend to be "The Real Driving Simulator".

As to marketing lingo and the companies "bosses", I just can't understand why anyone cares. When you hear some people, especially when talking about "Kaz", it actually feels like you're hearing some cultists. Kazunori Yamauchi is just a guy who just so happens to be responsible of some of the decisions made regarding Gran Turismo. There's little doubt he is passionate about his job but this should hardly be relevant to us as gamers.

The main thing we should want is a good game (and a good sim), we should not really care about how passionate the team is.

If they're all dumbasses but they make the greatest game, then so be it. I wanna play the better game, not support some kind weird cult about expecting perfection.

I think GT wins over Forza. Both are great games and have their weaknesses and strengths, but GT has all of the aspects that I need in a racing game like good graphics, physics (amazing crash simulation), and a good balance of normal cars and GT cars. However, I do like Forza's customization with the wheels (a much larger variety than GT), paint, an actual livery editor, and other things that satisfy me like engine sounds, smooth gameplay, etc. I can't wait to see both in action when they come out. I bet they will me mindblowing games worth spending my money for.

EDIT: I love reading these biased posts. :lol:

I think GT wins over Forza. Both are great games and have their weaknesses and strengths, but GT has all of the aspects that I need in a racing game like good graphics, physics (amazing crash simulation), and a good balance of normal cars and GT cars. However, I do like Forza's customization with the wheels (a much larger variety than GT), paint, an actual livery editor, and other things that satisfy me like engine sounds, smooth gameplay, etc. I can't wait to see both in action when they come out. I bet they will me mindblowing games worth spending my money for.

Wat.

Everything you mentioned that made GT your winner, Forza has as well, and it's arguably better in most cases.

You mean like being able to call the "winner" of two unreleased games?

"Amazing crash simulation"? :lol:

Welcome back (unsurprisingly).

Haha I couldn't be mad forever. And yeah, if you haven't noticed. It has an amazing crash simulation. Have you played the game after the update?

:lol: I hate when people do that.

Everything you mentioned that made GT your winner, Forza has as well, and it's arguably better in most cases.

Are you joking?! So, by your logic, the aspects that are obviously better are not? Don't even get me started with graphics.

I haven't actually even seen a true crash in GT6. What I've seen looks identical to GT5 though, which wasnt exactly the best.

Haha I couldn't be mad forever. And yeah, if you haven't noticed. It has an amazing crash simulation. Have you played the game after the update?

:lol: I hate when people do that.

Are you joking?! So, by your logic, the aspects that are obviously better are not? Don't even get me started with graphics.
Yeah maybe you shouldnt get started with graphics.

What parts are obviously better? Are they obvious based on same tangible fact or a biased opinion?

The GT5 crash model is simlar to wacking a block of clay with a cricket paddle

Whacking a block of clay with a cricket bat would probably be more fun than trying to damage some of the GT5 cars. Strangely durable, they are. ;)

HBK
Actually, "The Real Driving Simulator" is just a GT trademark. But I think it's becoming a bit silly. It had some point in 1997 (or whenever the game was launched, can't remember precisely), where all console "car games" were arcade racers with poor sense of physics (when they even had one). But right now, it feels more like a silly troll attempt than anything else.

GT is far from being "real" and far from being a "simulator". It's still an arcade game with a somewhat realistic physics engine.

GT is still a game where the one and only goal is to pass the finish line in first place and where you have to overtake half of the grid if not the whole grid in order to do what's expected of you. That's not realistic in the very least.

And let's not go into the details of actual racing with race regulations, qualification laps, flags and other nonsense (from GT's point of view).

Of course in that regard the game is not much different than Forza. But Forza doesn't pretend to be "The Real Driving Simulator".

As to marketing lingo and the companies "bosses", I just can't understand why anyone cares. When you hear some people, especially when talking about "Kaz", it actually feels like you're hearing some cultists. Kazunori Yamauchi is just a guy who just so happens to be responsible of some of the decisions made regarding Gran Turismo. There's little doubt he is passionate about his job but this should hardly be relevant to us as gamers.

The main thing we should want is a good game (and a good sim), we should not really care about how passionate the team is.

If they're all dumbasses but they make the greatest game, then so be it. I wanna play the better game, not support some kind weird cult about expecting perfection.

Great. I liked how you voiced your thoughts.

Absolutely agree. FM5 should keep things fresh. If not, I'm building a gaming PC for sure, JUST to enjoy driving sims!

Which means what, exactly?

You said something that I obviously don't agree with. Perhaps tell me why you think such instead of resorting to childish antics.

Well that escalated quickly...

Good to see the mods will be in on this one like the other (GT5 v. FM4) thread, so opinions wont try and be skewed into facts. From what has been seen the FM5 still seems to be at the end of its build. Also GT6 looks slightly better (to me) than GT5 however, when the games are finally released will we truly know. I would hate to think that FM5 can't look any better than GT6 when given a new system to do more with.

Physics: GT5 is still a long way behind FM in terms of physics, particularity in regard to the tyre, suspension and aero model, which funnily enough are the areas they have worked on for GT6. What difference that makes we will start to see next week.

Crash Simulation: Neither title gets this right at all (and I've attended a few crash tests over the years), however regardless of update the crashes and the reactions of the cars are not better in GT5 at all. Given that GT6 is largely unchanged in this area (according to PD and Sony) I don't see that changing.

Now rather than getting all angry about this how about you provide some substance to your opinion (hint - one will see you come across as a contributing member of the site, the other option won't).

It's silly how folks will get all worked up over games that don't even have a demo released yet.

Besides, why is there a thread comparing GT6 to FM5? Aren't they on DIFFERENT gen consoles?
Would be more fair to compare at least a GT6 demo, with FM4.

Back