Forza 5/6 vs GT6 (See First Post Before Posting)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 1,727 comments
I cant defend Gran Turismo anymore. I just cant. We've seen the game 3 times now, at the reveal, at E3, and now the demo. All 3 times there hasnt been a single sign of damage. Anywhere.

I cant defend or accept this. To me it feels like Polyphony Digital is laughing in our faces. They've grown so arrogant they think they can continue to ignore big parts of the games with little consequence. Look at the garbage brain dead AI in the demo. A 10 year old could beat them, easily. And of course, absolutely zero damage modeling. And they want us to be fine with that?

When I buy a Gran Turismo game I want cutting edge graphics. By the time Gran Turismo 6 is released it will look very dated compared to Forza 5 and other next gen racers. They're obviously having huge memory issues and thats why they cant add any anti-aliasing, a feature that relies heavily on memory especially at higher resolutions

The real problem Im seeing here is Polyphony Digital sees no reason to change their ways. People loved the halfhearted demo, even though it still had much of the bad from GT5. GT6 will likely get mediocre reviews like GT5, but people will still buy it in the millions, and Polyphony Digital will see no reason to change their ways.

I just dont see a reason to buy GT over Forza anymore. GT is no longer the graphics king. Far, far from it. Its had years upon years to match fan favorite features like a livery editor but they havent. Forza is innovating with driveatars, Gran Turismo beats its chest over a new tire and suspension model the competition had years ago.

So as it stands, Forza is #1 and Gran Turismo is #2. I honestly think Polyphony Digital doesnt care as their game will still sell millions COD style

FBS-00340-3.jpg

I cant defend Gran Turismo anymore. I just cant. We've seen the game 3 times now, at the reveal, at E3, and now the demo. All 3 times there hasnt been a single sign of damage. Anywhere.

I believe that they've said that damage will be the same as GT5 so if that is important to you, GT6 is not your game.

I cant defend or accept this. To me it feels like Polyphony Digital is laughing in our faces. They've grown so arrogant they think they can continue to ignore big parts of the games with little consequence. Look at the garbage brain dead AI in the demo. A 10 year old could beat them, easily. And of course, absolutely zero damage modeling. And they want us to be fine with that?

The AI is a placeholder so you can't judge it by the demo. Should you be concerned? yes but you can't judge it yet just like you can't judge drivatars yet either which has the potential to be amazing or horrid

When I buy a Gran Turismo game I want cutting edge graphics. By the time Gran Turismo 6 is released it will look very dated compared to Forza 5 and other next gen racers. They're obviously having huge memory issues and thats why they cant add any anti-aliasing, a feature that relies heavily on memory especially at higher resolutions
Being on the PS3, GT will not have cutting edge graphics. If that is important to you, then GT6 isn't for you.

The real problem Im seeing here is Polyphony Digital sees no reason to change their ways. People loved the halfhearted demo, even though it still had much of the bad from GT5. GT6 will likely get mediocre reviews like GT5, but people will still buy it in the millions, and Polyphony Digital will see no reason to change their ways.

Yes GT will sell in the millions no matter what but I do believe they care what their fans think. They didn't add damage because they wanted to.

I just dont see a reason to buy GT over Forza anymore.
xbox1. needing to buy a new wheel.

So as it stands, Forza is #1 and Gran Turismo is #2. I honestly think Polyphony Digital doesnt care as their game will still sell millions COD style

A little early to judge since we haven't seen much from either game.

edit:
Treed2.jpg

Last edited:

Despite it being said in interviews it would not be changed much, if at all.

It's a demo to warm you up for a hot lap competition, of course it won't be for competitive AI. Again, why damage at all in a driving demo?

Obviously you never played the demo, which has HUGE improvements over 5. And are you seriously suggesting a current-gen racer should be able to solidly compete with a next gen machine with tons more power.

"GT Academy Powered By GT6", a driving competition not full game. GT5 got mediocre reviews? Not sure what you were reading.

I just dont see a reason to buy GT over Forza anymore. GT is no longer the graphics king. Far, far from it. Its had years upon years to match fan favorite features like a livery editor but they havent. Forza is innovating with driveatars, Gran Turismo beats its chest over a new tire and suspension model the competition had years ago.

When did Forza work with KW suspension and Yokohama tyres? Again graphics? You can't compare next gen to current gen, and GT6 looks amazing for the outdated hardware it is on. (Also going to say the new Forza does look nice)

Good, except you haven't justified this statement.

Gran Turismo 6 could have graphics like Hard Drivin' and if the rest of the game was good I would not care. GT6 could have collision physics like Gran Turismo 1 and no damage at all, and if the driving physics were good I would not give even half a damn.

Everyone has their own sticking points and must-have features. For me, gameplay comes before graphics, and driving comes before crashing. Anyone who knows me on here knows I'm hardly a Gran Turismo fanboy. I played GT3. That's it. I hated GT4 and have yet to buy a PS3, and I never played the first two games. All I can say is that so far, GT6 is looking pretty promising, and that's coming from someone who's had no hope in the franchise for the past eight years.

Obviously you never played the demo, which has HUGE improvements over 5. And are you seriously suggesting a current-gen racer should be able to solidly compete with a next gen machine with tons more power.

I've yet to find "huge" improvements. Steps in the right direction, sure, and I should spend more time with it, but even as is, the GT6 demo, at least to me, offers nothing in the physics department I don't already get in FM4, to say nothing of what FM5 might offer.

It's good to read the "but the other game is on a more powerful system" excuse now, and get used to it, since it's going to be used a lot come the fall. The 360 wasn't as strong in many ways as the PS3, but I didn't see people lining up to give it some leeway. Yes, the gap between the new-gen and the PS3 is bigger, but the fact of the matter is these are two racing games coming out near the same time. Simply because one team chose to stay with the old gen does not give them a pass - if you want to look at it another way, their game should absolutely be more polished, since it's not an exploratory splash in the new-territory wading pool.

GT5 got mediocre reviews? Not sure what you were reading.

Metacritic has it as the lowest full-iteration home console title in the series. Prologue is just slightly under it, and the PSP game below that. The FM series is consistently ranked higher than its contemporary GT rival. Though, taking the five main GT titles versus the four FM ones, GT does slightly hold and edge with a 91.4 average versus 91.25. I'd hate to bet against that edge being the same by the end of this year...

When did Forza work with KW suspension and Yokohama tyres? Again graphics? You can't compare next gen to current gen, and GT6 looks amazing for the outdated hardware it is on. (Also going to say the new Forza does look nice)

They worked with Pirelli to quite excellent results in FM4, for one.

As I said above, you absolutely can; they're coming out on the same date, so as much as certain people don't want the comparison to take place for their own preferences sake, it can and will happen.

Also, amazing versus nice. Heh.

The AI is a placeholder so you can't judge it by the demo. Should you be concerned? yes but you can't judge it yet just like you can't judge drivatars yet either which has the potential to be amazing or horrid.

So many people saying this with no source and nothing to back it up, apparently if anything is bad in GT6 it's simply a "placeholder".

Okay, okay. Um, since when were you defending this game exactly?! All I have seen you do is say it's an epic failure or something as if the game was already out and you have played it already. I know other people have said this already, but Kaz comfirmed a long time ago that damage is going to stay the same. Why are you still surprised?

Okay, I agree about the AI being horrible, but maybe they're holding back on it for now and fixing their new AI for the final (it's just a thought).

Really? The graphics and lighting seemed alright to me. They even looked better than GT5 in my eyes, especially the car detail while racing.

Not everyone looks at the demo that way. A lot of people think it looks good so far.

Well, I'm sorry that you feel that way. If you play a game for graphics, than maybe this isn't the game for you.

----------------------------------------

Okay, I'm more curious about the car lists of Forza 5 now. I know one thing Turn 10 is good at and that is putting a good amount of great cars of multiple variety in their games. Of course, PD might have a few more tricks up their sleeve too in this area. I'm excited to see the final car lists for both games. Too bad, I still have to wait a while to find out.

Last edited:
Okay, I agree about the AI being horrible, but maybe they're holding back on it for now and fixing their new AI for the final (it's just a thought).

The A.I. in the GT6 demo is a placeholder, Kaz confirmed it. MuoNiuLa has it in his post regarding its a placeholder like the sounds, so yes PD are working on it. 👍

The A.I. in the GT6 demo is a placeholder, Kaz confirmed it. MuoNiuLa has it in his post regarding its a placeholder like the sounds, so yes PD are working on it. 👍

I just realized that now from reading a comment above me that I missed before. hehe, I forgot about that part of the interview. Launch day can't come soon enough.

Not to take pot shots or anything, but ever since GT5, shouldn't people have learned to judge Kazunori and PD by what they do instead of what they say?

I read everyone replies to my post. I dont feel the need to reply as I think it will go nowhere, we have different opinions and ways of looking at things, so no need to drag it on. Also nobody agreed with me so Im not going to counter 6-7 different people by myself.

Just saying in case anyone got ideas Im just trolling

Not to take pot shots or anything, but ever since GT5, shouldn't people have learned to judge Kazunori and PD by what they do instead of what they say?

But GT5 was a "placeholder" for GT6.

I don't know, should they?

If you follow Kaz's often vague interviews you would know not to build up your hopes.
Many things are often alluded to and sometimes translations are screwy also.

I however enjoy it when people take his words literally, or even better, read into his comments things he clearly never meant. It's makes things more fun around here.

Maintenance is utopia.

If you follow Kaz's often vague interviews you would know not to build up your hopes.
Many things are often alluded to and sometimes translations are screwy also.

Um, yeah. Don't even have my hopes up... I'm looking more forward to the course maker. If that was added into a interview, guess that will also be vague too. :rolleyes:

I however enjoy it when people take his words literally, or even better, read into his comments things he clearly never meant. It's makes things more fun around here.

Maintenance is utopia.

Sounds like you're hoping for complaints to be spread around here, not funny... I'll laugh if the table gets turned around at release though. The crying is so amusing. :sly:

Sounds like you're hoping for complaints to be spread around here, not funny... I'll laugh if the table gets turned around at release though. The crying is so amusing. :sly:

You seriously thinking I want a crap product???
I find it amusing when people extrapolate cockpit view from statements such as "standard cars will not support multiple interior views" as an example.

I also find it amusing when people's hype goes off the scale and they are brought down with a bump. Childish? Hmm probably but people set themselves up for the fall and don't listen to reason.

I think what Luminis was explaining is that take with a pinch of salt what comes out of PD's mouth. They are wise words. If you don't want to then fair enough. At least I could be pleasantly surprised rather than hugely disappointed I suppose.

You seriously thinking I want a crap product??? I find it amusing when people extrapolate cockpit view from statements such as "standard cars will not support multiple interior views" as an example.

Did I say you wanted a crap product though? I don't even think standard cars are getting cockpit views anymore.

I also find it amusing when people's hype goes off the scale and they are brought down with a bump. Childish? Hmm probably but people set themselves up for the fall and don't listen to reason.

Anybody will always have their hype set high no matter what in any games they like or love.

I think what Luminis was explaining is that take with a pinch of salt what comes out of PD's mouth. They are wise words. If you don't want to then fair enough. At least I could be pleasantly surprised rather than hugely disappointed I suppose.

I actually understood what Luminis meant. That's why I said "I don't know", let them believe or not to believe I guess. And again like you I don't have my hopes up...

Did I say you wanted a crap product though?.

I just read into it when you mentioned I wanted complaints to spread. As if I'm hoping GT will be a failure. I enjoy racing games regardless of brand loyalty so I'm not one of those.

I actually would love GT to come out of the gates on all cylinders, the more the merrier.

Anyhow I'm out.

I just read into it when you mentioned I wanted complaints to spread. As if I'm hoping GT will be a failure. I enjoy racing games regardless of brand loyalty so I'm not one of those.

I actually would love GT to come out of the gates on all cylinders, the more the merrier.

Anyhow I'm out.

Yeah sorry for mentioning it that way, I thought that when you said "people takes Kaz's words literally". Anyway, later.

I don't know, should they?

I think so. There was so much confusion going around, prior to GT5's release, it wasn't even funny :lol: Well, it was, kinda, because it was fun to speculate what was actually meant when Kazunori gave information about GT5. Often, it would be ambiguous, stuff would be lost in translation and some of the things that were said weren't realised on release.
Yup, that's precisely what I was trying to say. And rhanks, by the way.
"standard cars will not support multiple interior views"
That's possibly the best example one could think of.

I think so. There was so much confusion going around, prior to GT5's release, it wasn't even funny :lol: Well, it was, kinda, because it was fun to speculate what was actually meant when Kazunori gave information about GT5. Often, it would be ambiguous, stuff would be lost in translation and some of the things that were said weren't realised on release.

Wow, that must have been really bad from back then. Even though I wasn't around from that time, it does sound funny, haha. :lol: GT5 was way too ambiguous for its own good, not good. I hope GT6 won't be like that again. :)

While I'd usually agree, I don't see why I shouldn't take PD at their word for this. They said they are working on the AI. Should I believe that they are lying? They also said they don't know how it will turn out. I believe them. I believe in another interview they said that they haven't found the breakthrough they are looking for yet. I believe them. Am I concerned about the AI for GT6? Of course but I certainly think that they are working on it. Assuming that the AI in GT6 is going to be the same as the AI in the demo is like assuming that there isn't going to be a course creator in GT6 because the demo doesn't have one.

They said they are working on the AI. Should I believe that they are lying? They also said they don't know how it will turn out.

You can believe what you like, because what they've said basically covers every eventuality that could happen. No improvement? Sorry, it just didn't work out right. Massive improvement? Yeah, we said we were working on it.

They gave you no information AT ALL, and you're pretending like it's something special.

Best of luck with that.

While I'd usually agree, I don't see why I shouldn't take PD at their word for this. They said they are working on the AI. Should I believe that they are lying? They also said they don't know how it will turn out. I believe them. I believe in another interview they said that they haven't found the breakthrough they are looking for yet. I believe them. Am I concerned about the AI for GT6? Of course but I certainly think that they are working on it. Assuming that the AI in GT6 is going to be the same as the AI in the demo is like assuming that there isn't going to be a course creator in GT6 because the demo doesn't have one.

That's fine. I'm not telling anyone what to believe or not.
Yes I too believe they are working on AI.
I am not expecting anything amazing, I will just see what it brings.

There are a lot of "politicians" answers if you will. Open ended and up for various interpretations, like religion lol.

"Expect perfection".
No really! Expect it.

"Release anytime we like".
Well they can if they want.

"It's technically possible"
A livery editor, well I never.

"Custom paint chip"
They still got me on that one,

Not knocking them. Kaz has lived and died on the sword. He knows his every word is scrutinised by fans and that must be frustrating in itself I suppose.

The "Multiple interior views" debate got hilarious in the end. I'd love to sit down and read that again. Must be round here somewhere in cyberspace.

While I'd usually agree, I don't see why I shouldn't take PD at their word for this. They said they are working on the AI. Should I believe that they are lying? They also said they don't know how it will turn out. I believe them. I believe in another interview they said that they haven't found the breakthrough they are looking for yet.

And that's exactly why I'm taking everything Kaz has said with such pause that I can't even call it cautious optimism. The "looking for a breakthrough" thing is such a massive backdoor for them to walk through if GT6 comes out and is same old same old that I'm not expecting improvements in the slightest (for sounds, at least. Wasn't aware they said it in relation to AI) so I can instead hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

That some people in the GT6 forum are already using "looking for a breakthrough" as an excuse for potential mediocrity before the game has even come out, to try to preempt complaints about areas GT and PD has stumbled over so they can look like they were right all along about it, just makes the whole thing rather darkly comical.

Last edited:

They treated you a little harsh here those GTP hooligans :)
I for one agree with you that PD isn't very good at listening to their fans, ignoring their cries for better gameplay, and just doing their own thing as they are gonna sell milions of copies anyhow.

Thats why i won't buy GT6 if our fears become reality again, and for FM5 i will wait and see also as i don't like the xbone (and it's price), and what MS is doing + also T10 have ignored cries for weather and day-night changes...

PCARS seems a healthy alternative so it might as well turn out to be my future love.

Latest Posts

Back