Forza 5 physics vs GT6 аnd other sims

• Thread starter shved111
  • 1,034 comments
^^ It isn't full FPS. No matter what game/race mode you're in, replays are always 30 fps. The 60 to 30 fps transition is clear as daylight and hard to ignore, particularly if you've been a PC gamer.

I didn't say replays should be used as a means to run physics comparisons. Perhaps somebody else did, but I don't believe so.

All I feel is that the replays should do justice to the fantastic 60 fps physics that come into play during races. It would certainly make for some great replay watching.

Bottom line: cars should look as sexy in motion as they do during the races. Gosh.. how I miss the GT replays. *The pre-GT5 replays more, since they were all 60 fps. Swear to God it's almost like watching an actual race*

They are pretty darn decent, the guys from ISR said i was going toe to toe with Pc sims.

Fm>>Gt

Last edited:
There was a long discussion on FM4 physics here and I believe the general consensus amongst Forza players here is that they've improved for FM5.

Judging by the poll though the general consensus amongst people who've never played the game is that they suck pretty badly. :lol: Compare with the similar poll and discussion here for Forza drivers who had come from GT.

Also a lot of discussion in this long thread if you have the patience.

My personal preference is that playing on a controller I get more feeling of the road surface in FM4 and this has improved with the new controller.

Last edited:
Dunno if anyone posted this early FM5 physics review I found on the TORA forum.

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-ne...-hands-on-assists-off-a-hardcore-perspective/

Warning: the reviewer does go on about the triggers a lot (after promising he wouldn't :lol:) which perhaps emphasizes how the perceived quality of in-game feedback informs one's subjective opinion of a game's physics but probably does nothing to placate people who think they can only be evaluated with a full driving wheel setup.

Last edited:
How good or bad are forza physics?

Physics are brilliant, no doubt. We're just discussing how the cars could have looked better while in motion, during replays.

Animation ain't among T10's strong suite I guess. *Wierd wheel and shift animation included*

There was a long discussion on FM4 physics here and I believe the general consensus amongst Forza players here is that they've improved for FM5.

Judging by the poll though the general consensus amongst people who've never played the game is that they suck pretty badly. :lol: Compare with the similar poll and discussion here for Forza drivers who had come from GT.

Also a lot of discussion in this long thread if you have the patience.

My personal preference is that playing on a controller I get more feeling of the road surface in FM4 and this has improved with the new controller.

Last edited:
I hate F5 physics, cars are way to floaty.

Comparing to my real life Supra, F5 is more arcade then sim. GT6 managed to capture the SUps will hold till past limits of grip and try to kill you. In f5 i feel the car is never really connected to the road.

only using controller on both.

So because he saids he feels the Supra handles better in GT6 and not in FM5, that marks him a troll... :rolleyes: Whatever happened to others accepting one's opinions?
I don't know, I looked at Supra's post history and she or he uses the word "to" a lot.

I think that says everything about Supra's intent.

So because he saids he feels the Supra handles better in GT6 and not in FM5, that marks him a troll... :rolleyes: Whatever happened to others accepting one's opinions?

No. He starts of with he hates forza, then the old rubbish 'floaty' excuse comes out and then we all know what time it is now dont we?

I don't know, I looked at Supra's post history and she or he uses the word "to" a lot.

I think that says everything about Supra's intent.
Ahh, I see.
No. He starts of with he hates forza, then the old rubbish 'floaty' excuse comes out and then we all know what time it is now dont we?
It would've been better if he did wrote a fair comparsion for the Supra in both series, instead of being biased.

To be honest, I had the same thought the moment I got to "more arcade than sim".

That accusation can't rightly be levelled at either game, and to do so is a pretty strong indication that the person making it is not thinking particularly critically about what they're feeling from the games.

"Floaty" is another slightly dodgy one. It's used fairly generically as a "car don't feel right" sort of thing, ignoring the fact that real road cars when pushed hard do get a bit floaty. The combination of soft suspension, lower tyre pressures, relatively high ride heights and disconnected steering feel (by definition if you're playing with a controller you have no steering feel) mean that a car *should* feel at least a little floaty.

Couple this with the known fact that most of GT's tyres are far, far too grippy for any reasonable road tyre and there's very little substance to the argument presented at all. It may be a knowing troll, or it may simply be a poor attempt to explain what the user is feeling without a proper understanding of what is "correct".

I wouldn't go so far as that. Perhaps it's a case of having a quick blast round Prague in an assisted stock tuned supercar round a mate's house.

Either that or the different games give feedback in different areas. When playing GT5 it often felt to me like I was braking on a layer of margarine due to the lack of braking feedback but the pad shudders as the car's weight is transferred instead of buzzing as the brakes lock. This has the effect of making me more aware of what's going on with the car at the expense of feeling what's happening where the rubber meets the road.

I think the reverse may also be true and if you're used to the car movement being conveyed to you via the DualShock then FM's lack of feedback in that area may make the car feel disembodied and "floaty" in a way that people who are acclimatised to the Xbox game simply don't experience.

I would never call GT an arcade game though. Arcade games are supposed to be fun.

Last edited:
PD actually partnered with Yokohama...

Turn 10 has been partnering with Tire Manufacturers for games and now took a step above that and went to Calspan to collect data that normal tire manufacturers aren't concerned with. I'm definitely happy to hear PD is doing more to reach out but I think they have some work to do in order to catch up on the tire physics of Forza.

I hate F5 physics, cars are way to floaty.

Comparing to my real life Supra, F5 is more arcade then sim. GT6 managed to capture the SUps will hold till past limits of grip and try to kill you. In f5 i feel the car is never really connected to the road.

only using controller on both.

Interesting...

Are you playing with all assists off and SIM steering? Try adjusting your deadzones a bit. I know there are no deadzone settings in your actual Supra, but to get it just right on a controller, you need to.

I disabled vibration on my stick controller once when playing GT6 just to find out if I can still drive well without it, I can still somehow felt the feedback when braking ( I don't use brake assist or other aids ) and drove a stock Countach '88 on comfort medium ( should be similar to the real 80's tire grip ) at Ascari race, then I forgot to turn it back on for several play sessions, drove my J's Racing S2000 replica, got david vs goliath trophy - beating 650PP limit cars on sports soft ( Tuned Car Festival IB ) with 470+PP Honda on comfort soft, the audio and visual cue were enough to allow me to enjoy the driving, I know when the tires started to lose grip without the vibration :) Good times. I only have limited time playing FM5, maybe just over 3 hours, but both does the physics great IMO. GT6 is a lot better than GT5, I have been making replica using real world suspension + LSD setup and they translate well, I used comfort tires almost all the time and I can be certain some of the cars I have driven in real life hard are represented in GT6 very closely.

@Ridox2JZGTE that sounds like an even handed assessment. I've probably been spoilt a little by the braking/accel feedback in Forza and forgot that we were probably all able to judge the right amount of grip before DualShock controllers came along. I'd find it hard to go back to those days now that I'm used to the new way though.

Turn 10 has been partnering with Tire Manufacturers for games and now took a step above that and went to Calspan to collect data that normal tire manufacturers aren't concerned with. I'm definitely happy to hear PD is doing more to reach out but I think they have some work to do in order to catch up on the tire physics of Forza.

they need to fix their physics first if any one is to enjoy their tire work.

F5s Supra feels like a 60s msucle car on leaf springs, honestly it feels more like a 74 vett iv driven then a sports car.

Interesting...

Are you playing with all assists off and SIM steering? Try adjusting your deadzones a bit. I know there are no deadzone settings in your actual Supra, but to get it just right on a controller, you need to.

Played with settings ain't gonna fix broken physics. They are just to floaty many cars feel like that, even P1 feels like it floats around the track.

Forza is like sliding a bar of soap on a bathtub.

Back