Forza 6 Porsche Expansion

• Thread starter JC_Dude
  • 693 comments
We were able to make a 964 from the 2.7Carrera RS. I even made a 4S.

Was it not the 930 Turbo? That's how it is in Horizon 2. I recall the 2.7 RS had the 911 E engine lid and rally parts.

VXR
Was it not the 930 Turbo? That's how it is in Horizon 2. I recall the 2.7 RS had the 911 E engine lid and rally parts.
Ahh, you could(possibly are) right. I knew we could upgrade the front and rear. I think the rear whale tail was removed though. I don't. Remember a rear wing on the 964 rear.

The Horizon 2 930 Turbo has; Carrera engine lid, Carrera RS wing and Forza aero if I remember correctly, which is just the whale tail with a chunkier lip.

The 935 [Moby Dick] tops my list of Porsches I want in the game. I haven't saw that in any game since Porsche Unleashed and was one of my favorites. Hopefully we will get it and hopefully they will give it a reasonable performance and PI rating but you never know with Forza, in past games they have been all over the map with the performance on some of the cars. The 962 is a really good example of that in FM2,3 and 4

So just one question, if this is coming out in March then are there no more car packs as part of the Car Pass? I thought March would be the last one before the Porsche expansion which they will charge for. I don't mind paying for it either.

So just one question, if this is coming out in March then are there no more car packs as part of the Car Pass? I thought March would be the last one before the Porsche expansion which they will charge for. I don't mind paying for it either.
There will be one more car pass pack for March, the Porsche pack isn't part of the car pass.👍

Ok cool. I always knew Porsche wasn't part of the pass, just wanted another car pack and maybe some tracks before we had to start paying.

I'm still not sure how they'll be dealing with VIR. It was mentioned in the leaked info, but online racing could be an issue if people don't have access.

Ideally (from a customer-relations perspective), it'll be added to the rotation for hoppers, and hosts will be able to let others drive on it in private lobbies (similar to how GT5 dealt with Spa for a while), but people who don't pay won't be able to access it on their own time.

I mean, they could just give it to everybody for free, like the tracks in FM5, but considering the leaked info, I think the above would be the best approach if it is in fact a pay-for asset.

The track could be free, but bundled with this for those who are getting the pack anyway.

I don't think T10 put out paid tracks anymore, because they don't sell very well and it causes fragmentation. They offer a free car and/or lock the cars in the content update so every game has them for that reason.

All of the post launch tracks in FM5, as already stated, were free. Also the last two porsche DLCs in the Forza series were called expansions but didn't contain a track. I think these both suggest that the track will more than likely be free.

Porsche AND VIR?

Like a dream come true for me. I am going to have a REALLY hard time waiting now.

It sure was easier to wait for before any specifics were leaked. :D

This has me wondering, were there any official announcements ahead of Porsche expansions in the past, or did they simply drop out of the blue like the monthly car packs always do? Expansions are big though, so I would expect some sort of news within the next couple of weeks.

I'd be genuinely peed off if the last true GT3 was axed in favour of the new car. I'm sure the 991 is beyond brilliant, but it's the intangible stuff that does it for me and the Mezger engine and manual 4.0 has to be the ultimate modern Porsche.

VXR
I'd be genuinely peed off if the last true GT3 was axed in favour of the new car. I'm sure the 991 is beyond brilliant, but it's the intangible stuff that does it for me and the Mezger engine and manual 4.0 has to be the ultimate modern Porsche.
Let's be honest here, they're all great cars. Which ever RS they choose to include (and I'm pretty sure the 4.0 will be in, as it was in FH2), I'm sure it'll be nothing less the fantastic.

VXR
Couldn't agree more. To me the last great RS (or even last great GT3...) was the 4.0. I'm not too crazy about the new ones at all and I would actually be pretty disapointed to see the 991 in FM6 if no other GT3s make it in.

Latest Posts

Back