Forza 8 news got me nervous?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 296 comments
Having to run on the Xbox One would severely limit the game. I'm not talking about graphics. Think of physics. It doesn't make any sense for them to push the Xbox One with a multi contact point tire model (GT7 is single point) and refinements to air flow around the cars. If they're forced to do it, you can say goodbye to most of the things Esaki promised.

Content-wise, it will be the best game. Microsoft will not resist bringing the full might of 800+ cars to the table. Doesn't matter that most of them date back to the 360 days: 800 is 800. They'll also bring back Fujimi Kaido if the rumors are true, which I expect to be the biggest graphics showcase for the game.

But the reason why Forza Motorsport fell from grace is because it's an obsolete game that outlived its purpose. They tried to fish for casuals with FM7 and the game became redundant next to FH3. Then they tried to compete against GT Sport by hastily adding a penalty system and make the players beta test things for them, but, with no relevant e-sports league supporting the game and ForzaRC registering an abysmal number of viewers, the game had zero presence in the scene. GT has a established series going on while FM killed the ForzaRC.

All that's left then is content. Content I can drive on the open road in FH5, without the stress of competitive racing. And there's already been a bit of a "cold war" between GT and FH, with Sony carefully placing GT7 teasers in the FH5 launch window, and FH5 bringing its big guns from April onwards to stall GT7's growth (and the added luck of the MTX blunders on PD's part). Completely different games with very different philosophies, I'd even say polar opposites, but they're the premier racing experiences in their platforms, which puts them in direct competition.

And there's Forza Motorsport, lost in the middle of it all, not knowing what and where it needs to be.

They'll also bring back Fujimi Kaido if the rumors are true, which I expect to be the biggest graphics showcase for the game.
I'll bite; what rumors are these? Because the only thing I've seen referencing Fujimi is an article dating back to 2019. Everything else has been nothing but wishlists.
To be fair, it may say next-gen only, on their official FAQ, but I've seen a movie, like this, play out before.
It's consistent with how the game as promoted in 2020, though. For all we know, Xbox One folks may have been used to test something out.

I'll bite; what rumors are these? Because the only thing I've seen referencing Fujimi is an article dating back to 2019. Everything else has been nothing but wishlists.

It's consistent with how the game as promoted in 2020, though. For all we know, Xbox One folks may have been used to test something out.
"The number one fantasy track that we always get asked for is Fujimi Kaido. We hear you guys loud and clear. We’re working on a lot of stuff right now.”

From the devs themself.

that's all that has been referenced about fujimi till now

Last edited:
View attachment 1144545

apparently these are pics of an Xbox one version of the new game from last june
One of the possible scenarios I have thought upon seeing this is that Turn 10 could be using the XBOX One to act as a "lower-spec PC" for beta testing. It would be really crazy to see their completely revamped Forzatech engine run on the XBOX One, with new suspension and tire physics.

With the cars featured in this shot, here's what I can discover:
  • 2014 Ford Focus ST BTCC (possibly 2014 #17 Ford Focus ST BTCC without its livery)
  • 2017 Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
  • What appears to be a McLaren 720S GT3

Based from the leaked FH5 files, I feel that there would at least be the 2018+ IMSA seasons, with the Oreca 07, and the 2018 IMSA GT3 cars (AMG GT3, R8 LMS, 911 GT3R, etc.) and maybe a bit of DPi (the team behind the Whelen Cadillac DPi-V.R. was credited as a car sourcer in FH5) and TCR (Forza's Touring Car selection is slightly outdated, with the latest car being the Audi RS3 LMS (the files give it the number 108).

Last edited:
One of the invite only closed tests was around July last year, it was available on all Xbox consoles. However, there was nothing to suggest it was releasing on the previous gen consoles.

Given the timeframe of signs ups for an invite to test, the proximity of that to the console release and the difficulty at the time of getting next gen consoles, it's not surprise that the early testing phases were cross platform.

I might pick up the next Forza motorsport if it intrest me, so far i have not seen anything that excites me much, but considering how small the gt7 is with the events stuff, i might need to pick up other stuff, to wait for more updates, gt7 is great and all, but i think we are not getting the full gt experince, in year or 2 i am sure their will be plenty of content

Q: What platforms will I be able to play Forza Motorsport on?
A: Forza Motorsport will be available on Xbox Series X, Windows 10 PC and on Xbox Game Pass.
Apparently, plans may change. As with the case of GT7 being a cross-gen game, this is so that they can maximize the player base, and potentially even profits, if they can scale the game based on graphics and framerate alone and not touch anything else, also with the case of Forza Horizon 5.

Another is that the ray-tracing in the game might not be used all throughout (as it could potentially kill the framerate), such as in FH5 where it's limited to Forzavista only, and GT7 where races don't have ray-tracing (mostly on menus, replays and Scapes).

View attachment 1144545

apparently these are pics of an Xbox one version of the new game from last june
This looks to me like a Ford Focus BTCC, Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 and a McLaren 720S GT3.

Last edited:
"The number one fantasy track that we always get asked for is Fujimi Kaido. We hear you guys loud and clear. We’re working on a lot of stuff right now.”

From the devs themself.

that's all that has been referenced about fujimi till now
I could probably take that either way. Could mean the devs hear everyone, but they've got a lot of stuff on their plate trying to get the game ready as it stands.

Makes sense to bring it back as the new showcase, however, I don't know how much I'd get my hopes up.

Last edited:
One of the possible scenarios I have thought upon seeing this is that Turn 10 could be using the XBOX One to act as a "lower-spec PC" for beta testing. It would be really crazy to see their completely revamped Forzatech engine run on the XBOX One, with new suspension and tire physics.

With the cars featured in this shot, here's what I can discover:
  • 2014 Ford Focus ST BTCC (possibly 2014 #17 Ford Focus ST BTCC without its livery)
  • 2017 Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
  • What appears to be a McLaren 720S GT3

Based from the leaked FH5 files, I feel that there would at least be the 2018+ IMSA seasons, with the Oreca 07, and the 2018 IMSA GT3 cars (AMG GT3, R8 LMS, 911 GT3R, etc.) and maybe a bit of DPi (the team behind the Whelen Cadillac DPi-V.R. was credited as a car sourcer in FH5) and TCR (Forza's Touring Car selection is slightly outdated, with the latest car being the Audi RS3 LMS (the files give it the number 108).
1651420569929.png

I know everybody thinks its a 720 GT3/ GT3X, but to my eyes it just seems like a senna GTR.
1651420739166.png

All these make me thing its the senna gtr:
The front with its unique head light socket (not triangular like the 720s)
The Carbon aero duct right behind the front wheels
The hood scoop
Glossy part on the door resembling the leg window on the senna and the air duct right below it
The shape of the wing mirror
Endplates not matching the GT3
Front end not as curvy as the GT3

On the other hand, these do not match the senna:
Rear wing not being connected to the diffuser
No. of spokes on the rims

ref. for the 720s gt3
1651421061707.png

View attachment 1145039

I know everybody thinks its a 720 GT3/ GT3X, but to my eyes it just seems like a senna GTR.
View attachment 1145042
All these make me thing its the senna gtr:
The front with its unique head light socket (not triangular like the 720s)
The Carbon aero duct right behind the front wheels
The hood scoop
Glossy part on the door resembling the leg window on the senna and the air duct right below it
The shape of the wing mirror
Endplates not matching the GT3
Front end not as curvy as the GT3

On the other hand, these do not match the senna:
Rear wing not being connected to the diffuser
No. of spokes on the rims

ref. for the 720s gt3
View attachment 1145044
That's an endurance model 720S GT3. The Senna GTR looks way too aggressive for that.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about how there are three cars on display in that garage, which also looks to be customizable based on all that black and green. Must be for the main campaign mode of some sort. 🤨

Just guess work, but seriously. I'd rather FM Rebooted not get leaked like it did just now.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about how there are three cars on display in that garage, which also looks to be customizable based on all that black and green. Must be for the main campaign mode of some sort. 🤨

Just guess work, but seriously. I'd rather FM Rebooted not get leaked like it did just now.
Best bit is you can walk around the whole thing in first person.

Best bit is you can walk around the whole thing in first person.
HMM. How would you know?

Also would love for a walk in garage (especially if you can walk into a friend's garage)
I hope we can change locations like fm4 (i think).
Plus Kaveh Cohen and Michael Nielsen are back for the soundtrack (Fm6 was my fav alongside fm4 for the soundtrack)

Seems like it could be availble on standard Xbox one as well, but so far its just a rumor
i wouldn't be against if if lobbies in next gen versions are bigger and can have more features like Dynamic ToD and weather and RT in graphics. If its just cross gen like GT7 i'm going to be a bit disappointed.

Last edited:
HMM. How would you know?

Also would love for a walk in garage (especially if you can walk into a friend's garage)
I hope we can change locations like fm4 (i think).
Plus Kaveh Cohen and Michael Nielsen are back for the soundtrack (Fm6 was my fav alongside fm4 for the soundtrack)

i wouldn't be against if if lobbies in next gen versions are bigger and can have more features like Dynamic ToD and weather and RT in graphics. If its just cross gen like GT7 i'm going to be a bit disappointed.

That. Would be. BAD! ASS! I hope that is the case! It will also harken back to the days of that one racing game we used to have on Xbox. :D
I can't reveal my source for obvious reasons, however it is, hand on heart, the truth. You can walk up to the cars which is effectively then going in to forzavista type walkaround seamlessly, gives you options to change livery, change the displayed car etc. The livery you choose btw, is applied to all cars in a basic way which is why all cars in shot have the same paintwork. You can walk across to the paint shop on the otherside of the garage, walk upstairs to the race room/drivers room to initiate races.

Naturally, all of this is subject to changes, my source tells me that there was already talk of the menu being shifted to an on rails type layout, same area and such but with a slightly more traditional menu navigation. However, what I was shown was first person free roaming.

You can walk up to the cars which is effectively then going in to forzavista type walkaround seamlessly, gives you options to change livery, change the displayed car etc. The livery you choose btw, is applied to all cars in a basic way which is why all cars in shot have the same paintwork. You can walk across to the paint shop on the otherside of the garage, walk upstairs to the race room/drivers room to initiate races.

Naturally, all of this is subject to changes, my source tells me that there was already talk of the menu being shifted to an on rails type layout, same area and such but with a slightly more traditional menu navigation. However, what I was shown was first person free roaming.
other than the common livery part (which i hope is just for beta purposes) it all sounds very nice ( kind of similar to the crew 2).

I can't reveal my source for obvious reasons, however it is, hand on heart, the truth.
I wasn't doubting you lol. Just being cheeky. However had i not done that, i probably wouldn't have heard about this, so maybe it is a good thing.

Didn't Microsoft already break that 2 years promise? I mean, Microsoft Flight Simulator didn't release on Xbox One. The only way to play it, on the old hardware, is to stream from the cloud, which doesn't count.
Booty got misquoted a million times and journalist ran with it. The quotes below are from the original source.
That confidence came through in every interview, and casual chat, we had at Microsoft’s X019 meeting late last year.
"As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices,” Booty explains
GT7 is single point
Do you have a source?

Last edited:
I can't reveal my source for obvious reasons, however it is, hand on heart, the truth. You can walk up to the cars which is effectively then going in to forzavista type walkaround seamlessly, gives you options to change livery, change the displayed car etc. The livery you choose btw, is applied to all cars in a basic way which is why all cars in shot have the same paintwork. You can walk across to the paint shop on the otherside of the garage, walk upstairs to the race room/drivers room to initiate races.

Fascinating! It will be a shame if it gets changed, though I would understand if it did. It all sounds like a perfect fit and a great potential that could potentially resemble PGR's style. :)

Back