Forza 8 news got me nervous?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 296 comments
FM5 was great on the technical level. The graphics were amazing for the time, the sound design I remember being actually quite a lot better than FM6 as well. Where it all fell apart was the DLC policy and Free Play. FM7 had better Free Play than FM6 (one of the few things that were actually improved imo...) but FM5's Free Play was very barebones.

Still, wish I was able to get the DLC before they were gone. but I have complete FM6 which has pretty much all the cars (with few exceptions).

As for FM4 - I finally was able to play it for a bit a while ago. It would've been seriously almost perfect game but the AI seems to be too easy even on highest difficulty and I'm not even a good driver. Also Free Play is similar to FM5.

Last edited:
Well put. I frankly don't have too high hopes for the next FM. In fact, they haven't even showcased anything to give us a clue so as to how it might be looking so far, apart from tall claims and over-hyping their product which has been their basic strategy since FM arrived on Xbox One.

The State of Play videos for GT 7 are looking very promising on the other hand. Kaz has worked hard to improve the sounds and I foresee physics improvements as well. GT 7 could actually give FM 8 a good run for its money. Would be exciting to see how this turns out.

All in all, no too eager to get a SX for FM.

GT7 is literally coming out in 6 days; Forza Motorsport 8 isn't coming out for at least 6 or so months at the least.

It's kinda disingenuous to complain about the lack of information for FM8 compared to a game that was not only delayed but coming out in less than a week. I sure as hell hope we would know a whole lot more about GT7 than the next Forza Motorsport right now.

Overhyping your product is how it is done... you honestly think GT7 isn't being overhyped? It's called marketing, it is how you sell games.

You talk about how GT7 will see physics improvements; as it should considering it is the latest game and on a new console. Yet you conveniently ignore that Turn 10 has already discussed major physics improvements coming to the next Forza Motorsport.

Ignoring facts in order to further your own bias opinions does not help with a balanced discussion.

Last edited:
GT7 is literally coming out in 6 days; Forza Motorsport 8 isn't coming out for at least 6 or so months at the least.

It's kinda disingenuous to complain about the lack of information for FM8 compared to a game that was not only delayed but coming out in less than a week. I sure as hell hope we would know a whole lot more about GT7 than the next Forza Motorsport right now.

Overhyping your product is how it is done... you honestly think GT7 isn't being overhyped?
Not to mention there has been active testing for Forza Motorsport over the past year. There are people who have played FM before anyone got near GT7.
C'mon now.

Just to clarify, there is absolutely nothing wrong with criticism. Forza is in dire need of some criticism and it is awesome that they finally stopped the regular development cycle to seemingly address the issues that the series has been suffering from. Everyone should continue to both praise what works and criticize what does not.

However, it is key that we are fair and honest when it comes to criticism and comparing the game to other properties. That means criticism for things that deserve criticism. Criticizing a game for a lack of information when it is 6 months out in comparison to a title that is 6 days out is clearly unfair criticism. We also don't want Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport to be mirror copies of each other either. Both games offer unique and superior experiences to one another.

Just to clarify, there is absolutely nothing wrong with criticism. Forza is in dire need of some criticism and it is awesome that they finally stopped the regular development cycle to seemingly address the issues that the series has been suffering from. Everyone should continue to both praise what works and criticize what does not.

However, it is key that we are fair and honest when it comes to criticism and comparing the game to other properties. That means criticism for things that deserve criticism. Criticizing a game for a lack of information when it is 6 months out in comparison to a title that is 6 days out is clearly unfair criticism. We also don't want Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport to be mirror copies of each other either. Both games offer unique and superior experiences to one another.
100%. Forza Motorsport grew stale, Horizon risks doing the same. GT broke the monotony with a big gap and a different direction with GTS. 3 FM games launched since the last main GT entry and 4 Horizon games. The break was hugely needed and I do hope that it comes back with vigor and a fresh attitude.

With how FM8 has been discussed I do wonder if it will go down the GTS path.

100%. Forza Motorsport grew stale, Horizon risks doing the same. GT broke the monotony with a big gap and a different direction with GTS. 3 FM games launched since the last main GT entry and 4 Horizon games. The break was hugely needed and I do hope that it comes back with vigor and a fresh attitude.

With how FM8 has been discussed I do wonder if it will go down the GTS path.
Given the planned simulation changes that have been talked about, I'd think it would be aiming more towards the gap left by Project CARS 2.

Given the planned simulation changes that have been talked about, I'd think it would be aiming more towards the gap left by Project CARS 2.
Lol, hopefully the gap of simcade with crappy physics remains unfilled, if anything Automobilista 2 is PCars as it was meant to be.

I'm also hoping FM8/Rebooted doesn't have nonsensical modes like "Music Rally", especially as some "introduction" to the game, lol. Focus on improving the racing, the AI (which GT7 greatly lacks, as expected), and overall build a better and engaging experience that made FM1 through 4 famous with a better online mode. Oh, and T10, make sure you make a well balanced economy without the need of MTs. I can't tell you how sad it is to see GT7 having it and getting away with it, as usual.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they won't follow the GT design tropes (or cliches). If anything, they had highly detailed cars with interiors (FM4 with Autovista, which should return), livery editor, better sound, better night and day/weather (FM6), 4K @ 60 fps (FM7) BEFORE GT.

Then again, GT's models/lighting are gorgeous, I hope they match them. Their livery editor is probably better. They have matched and even surpassed in the sound department, their time/weather cycles look like tops now, and their customization options are huge. In all these areas, I hope Turn 10 can deliver.

Last edited:
Things that I don't want in the next FM: A 9-minute intro video... that is all.
And here's me wanting intros to every single event lol, well at least the historic ones.

POrsche_sebring.gif

After seeing some graphics comparison I have one request only. Please make it current gen only! Although I'm happy FM7 still look gorgeous I'm so mad when I see GT clearly suffering from cross gen.

Last edited:
After seeing some graphics comparison I have one request only. Please make it current gen only! Although I'm happy FM7 still look gorgeous I'm so mad when I see GT clearly suffering from cross gen.
The next FM is marked down as current-gen only.

I'm less worried about the graphical side of things than how the IA in FM7 behaves. In GT they have, by design tradition, rolling starts and cars lined up for you to overcome (the infamous rabbit chase). See how the cars in FM7, even after a proper grid start, begin to line up in a single file, instead of running parallel or bunching, which is how things develop naturally at the beginning of any real race. I don't play FM7 anymore because the races devolve in GT-style chases.

Honestly, you should check the AI in GRID Legends, because IMO it currently has the better behavior and is so much fun to race against. And of course, PC2 also exists as a reference.

Last edited:
I'm less worried about the graphical side of things than how the IA in FM7 behaves. In GT they have, by design tradition, rolling starts and cars lined up for you to overcome (the infamous rabbit chase). See how the cars in FM7, even after a proper grid start, begin to line up in a single file, instead of running parallel or bunching, which is how things develop naturally at the beginning of any real race. I don't play FM7 anymore because the races devolve in GT-style chases.

Honestly, you should check the AI in GRID Legends, because IMO it currently has the better behavior and is so much fun to race against. And of course, PC2 also exists as a reference.
I think most racing games need some sort of 'chase the rabbit'. As long as it's not too easy and there are options to make things harder if you want, I don't mind it. My biggest bugbear is when a set AI difficulty is too easy or too hard on certain tracks.

I think most racing games need some sort of 'chase the rabbit'. As long as it's not too easy and there are options to make things harder if you want, I don't mind it. My biggest bugbear is when a set AI difficulty is too easy or too hard on certain tracks.
Well hopefully this time they will get rid of the 5 AI levels (if my memory is correct) and replace it with the sliding number scale that most games have now.

Well hopefully this time they will get rid of the 5 AI levels (if my memory is correct) and replace it with the sliding number scale that most games have now.
Yeah but PC2 has that and still suffers from that problem. So maybe just flicking between the 3 top options is easier. The early Forzas were pretty good originally as far as I can remember at least, but the AI really got boosts on long straights in FM7.

Last edited:
Yeah but PC2 has that and still suffers from that problem. So maybe just flicking between the 3 top options is easier. The early Forzas were pretty good originally as far as I can remember at least, but the AI really got boosts on long straights in FM7.
I think some of the problem with PC2 was some of the cars were too powerful and out of balance with their class. I can't remember which Nissan it is exactly but it's in the Prototype Class with the Porsche 962. At my normal 70 or so AI strength I couldn't catch that car at any track unless I was driving one of them. I think the Audi R18 is the same. I could slide down into the high 50's or so and race with them. But at least I could figure out some number that would make the race more fair.

Can you or anyone specifically say what they expect to be improved graphically? I can't think of much other than improved trees and spectators. Like what more can be done? That's how tracks look in real life, adding a couple polygons to the buildings won't dramatically change the scene. I think people expecting FM8 to look like some revelation are gonna be in for a surprise.

Can you or anyone specifically say what they expect to be improved graphically? I can't think of much other than improved trees and spectators. Like what more can be done? That's how tracks look in real life, adding a couple polygons to the buildings won't dramatically change the scene. I think people expecting FM8 to look like some revelation are gonna be in for a surprise.
It looks like I wasn't clear enough. I'm not expecting graphics to be photo realistic or RT or whatever. It's just this thing in my mind. Maybe it's because of the Gamepass that I'm afraid that Spencer or someone up there will push for a cross gen title in the end. And until I see a trailer that says it's X/S and PC exclusive I will worry a little. Cross gen is my only concern.

@Nacho Libre I want a better AI too. But my problems with the current AI is mainly the difficulty. It's too weak imo. And the biggest issue are slow corners. Often I have to park the car and wait until the AI figures out how to solve the many car on track issue.
And to be honest. Although I love racing in Legends(best experience in the last 10 years for sure) I don't think it would work in FM. I think that the driving and collision physics would make that kind of racing a nightmare in FM.
I will be more than happy if they fix slow corners issue. With that alone will be pretty close to PC2 too.

It looks like I wasn't clear enough. I'm not expecting graphics to be photo realistic or RT or whatever. It's just this thing in my mind. Maybe it's because of the Gamepass that I'm afraid that Spencer or someone up there will push for a cross gen title in the end. And until I see a trailer that says it's X/S and PC exclusive I will worry a little. Cross gen is my only concern.
I wouldn't worry about FM being cross-gen but I'd worry that Spencer will be telling them, we need another Horizon game out!
The only thing I want from FH is to be able to create your own race events and share them. That would be amazing! No more races ruined by goofy cars that have no place next to motorsport legends lol.

Last edited:
The closing screen of the very first announcement trailer clearly showed no mention of base XB1s.

The closing screen of the very first announcement trailer clearly showed no mention of base XB1s.
I'm aware of that trailer. I also know that Gamepass has grown considerably since then. And we don't know what is happening behind the scene.
Anyway no reason to worry since I know a little bit what they are planning to do. My mistake for watching that video, I guess.

It would be nice if they'd release a little more info, I'm still playing FM7 and trying to finish it all up before a new game, (hopefully), at a end of the year.

I'm aware of that trailer. I also know that Gamepass has grown considerably since then. And we don't know what is happening behind the scene.
Anyway no reason to worry since I know a little bit what they are planning to do. My mistake for watching that video, I guess.
It will likely be available on Xbox One through streaming but nothing more.

The next FM game IS current generation only. What made you think otherwise? Lol...

It would be nice if they'd release a little more info, I'm still playing FM7 and trying to finish it all up before a new game, (hopefully), at a end of the year.

@MrCrynox E3 this year would be a good bet.

Last edited:
GT fans also want the next FM to come out soon too since Forza players are apparently ruining GT7s sport mode, aka taking advantage of the tuning in GT7 😂

Back