Forza 8 news got me nervous?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 296 comments
GT fans also want the next FM to come out soon too since Forza players are apparently ruining GT7s sport mode, aka taking advantage of the tuning in GT7 😂
I don't quite understand the message he is trying to send. Both him and SuperGT are Forza players that just happened to know a thing or two about tuning. And both seems to complain about the fact that they have some knowledge about tuning. Is really that bad to know about tuning while being a fast driver too? I understand what he wants, but the message is just wrong. Or maybe it's just me. When you have a sim, is it not only natural to know a thing or two about tuning?

Last edited:
UGH, Devon.... :rolleyes: I honestly can't stand that guy. Super GT, don't really bother with that guy. And speaking of Forza players supposedly "ruining" GT7's online, THEY, should be pointing fingers at PD and NOT Forza players who are accustomed to building cars of their choices. Maybe if GTS didn't happen these guys wouldn't even be sulking right now about having to tune cars for racing online. If one is into sim racing, than tuning shouldn't be a problem since it's part of the "sport". And not just that. PD clearly made upgrading and tuning your cars a priority in GT7 in general, because once you run out of money, is either grinding your butt off or buying into MTs.

Last edited:
SuperGT constantly trash talks about how bad Forza online racing is but I have been dealing with the same crap in GT7.
Yeah I found his comments on Forza to be unfounded imo - you have to understand that Playstation is the thing in europe so that is all they are going to see. I've had some phenomenal races in Forza 7. And cannot wait until the next Forza comes out after playing GT7 for a bit. - Adding you btw if your interested in some multiplayer lobbies or Forza 7.

SuperGT constantly trash talks about how bad Forza online racing is but I have been dealing with the same crap in GT7.
I like super gt but you are right on this.
the day before yesterday I was watching a gt7 streamer, and he was playing the daily indianapolis race.
super gt was in the same lobby, and he got taken out twice and rage quitted :)

and my personal experience in gt7 is that too many players take advantage of the penalty system's shortcomings and play dirty.

Last edited:
Again nothing about Motorsport in Monthly!
If there won’t come anything until E3-time, we have to wait certainly one more year for the new entry…

Last edited:
Forza Horizon 5 came out pretty quickly after it was announced if I remember correctly.
You are correct, Forza's usual release schedule is;

Some rumblings/rumours in the weeks leading up to E3 -> Game announcement -> Fall release

I'm predicting that Microsoft's June event will be a relaunch of sorts showcasing their newly acquired studios and using Forza as a centerpiece as it is the biggest Xbox original franchise with an upcoming game (I know there's also a new Fable game that will likely also be shown, but that series hasn't really been relevant in over a decade).

Last edited:
The Xbox & Bethesda Game Showcase will definitely be the perfect place to reveal Forza Motorsport. Chris Esaki confirmed months ago on a Forza Monthly stream that he would share more about the new game in 2022, and this showcase would be the place to do it.

Afterwards, we will continue to see new details about it each month up until its release this fall (hopefully), alongside Forza Horizon 5 which will bring so much hype! Heck, I'm already feeling it right now. :D

It's gonna be a very long 1.5 months, considering we have all info for the next fh5 update (till end of june) and zero info on fm since december.

Fingers crossed for Motorsport this year. I'm not sure why but I feel really optimistic that it's going to be a knock out title.
Make sense if I said that I'm really hoping it goes that way but trying to keep my expectations in check just in case? Not that us racing game fans have been given any reason to become pessimists over the last few years or anything...

Fingers crossed for Motorsport this year. I'm not sure why but I feel really optimistic that it's going to be a knock out title.
But anywhere, Microsoft said, they wouldn’t bring out next gen only in the first two years of release, and that would mean, that it could get out as next gen only at first in 2023?

But anywhere, Microsoft said, they wouldn’t bring out next gen only in the first two years of release, and that would mean, that it could get out as next gen only at first in 2023?
Doubtful, I'd say. Back in 2020, FM was one of the titles specifically listed about MS breaking a promise of not needing a next-gen console for 2 years. And when pressed on it, MS didn't really comment on it.
But during today’s Xbox Games Showcase, first-party titles Forza Motorsport, Fable, Avowed, As Dusk Falls, Everwild and State of Decay 3 were all listed as coming to Xbox Series X and Windows PC specifically — with no Xbox One support and no Smart Delivery feature. Again, these are all games published by Microsoft’s Xbox Game Studios, and almost all created by developers that Microsoft owns.

To my mind, that only leaves three possibilities: 1) Microsoft broke a huge promise in record time, 2) Six out of the nine next-gen exclusives Microsoft showcased today won’t arrive until two years after launch, or 3) someone screwed up when making the presentation title cards for each game.

Neither of outcomes number one or number two are particularly promising — but everything we’ve heard from Microsoft today suggests it’s actually door number one.

Initially, Microsoft sent us this dodgy reply:

“Our future Xbox Game Studios titles are being developed natively for Xbox Series X. We will continue to invest in tools for devs to scale across consoles. Which consoles each Studio/game can support will be based on what’s best for their game and their community at launch,” reads Microsoft’s statement to The Verge.
Edit*
It has completely slipped my mind that the Series S/X launched back in November 2020. So, if MS had planned on releasing FM 2 years after launch, this fall does fit right in the time line.

Last edited:
Doubtful, I'd say. Back in 2020, FM was one of the titles specifically listed about MS breaking a promise of not needing a next-gen console for 2 years. And when pressed on it, MS didn't really comment on it.

Edit*
It has completely slipped my mind that the Series S/X launched back in November 2020. So, if MS had planned on releasing FM 2 years after launch, this fall does fit right in the time line.
Okay, than release on 10. of November probably ;)
But, it’s definitely time, to bring out a procedor, after than five years after FM7.

Last edited:
Didn't Microsoft already break that 2 years promise? I mean, Microsoft Flight Simulator didn't release on Xbox One. The only way to play it, on the old hardware, is to stream from the cloud, which doesn't count.

Last edited:
In 2021 the two big end of year releases were, of course, FH5 and Halo Infinite. Will there be room for two (or more) major releases this year? We know for sure that Starfield is one of them, would Hellblade 2 be the other big announcement? And there is also the FH5 expansion. If that's the case I really wouldn't mind FM to be announced for early 2023, because they would have more time for refinement and have all the attention for themselves.

Last edited:
Didn't Microsoft already break that 2 years promise? I mean, Microsoft Flight Simulator didn't release on Xbox One. The only way to play it, on the old hardware, is to stream from the cloud, which doesn't count.
BUT Flight Simulator first got released on PC and it’s a late Xbox Port, which is understandable it’s not native possible on Xbox one hardware.
It’s more a offer from Microsoft, to make it available on Xbox hardware, too, not really a „Xbox game“, in my opinion, if you know what I mean.

In 2021 the two big end of year releases were, of course, FH5 and Halo Infinite. Will there be room for two (or more) major releases this year? We know for sure that Starfield is one of them, would Hellblade 2 be the other big announcement? And there is also the FH5 expansion. If that's the case I really wouldn't mind FM to be announced for early 2023, because they would have more time for refinement and have all the attention for themselves.
It would great, if they would bring out games not only at end of year.
But for FM I hope, it comes out still in 2022 and I can play it on holidays 😁

Last edited:
This is the first time I’ve been excited for a proper Forza game since probably Forza Motorsport 4. The fact that they’ve gone next gen only could mean we see some amazing developments in graphics, AI and physics. GT7 really disappointed me so I’m hoping this scratches that zero to hero itch.

I’m hoping the newer direction is more sim like or at least closer to GT. They have FH for the more arcade gamer now, which is great.

I think T10 could do something really special with this and hopefully they’ve learnt from the mistakes PD have made with GT7 when it comes to content and game economy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a little jokey dig at them in the conference… even though GT still sells way more.

I would assume FM will remain on a course of Fall 2022, & the FH5 expansion to drop some time shortly after its announcement at the Showcase (if both are even announced, ofc). With FH3, iirc, Blizzard Mountain was unveiled Nov. 28th, released on Dec 13th & Hot Wheels was unveiled April 26th, w/ a release on May 9th. The Lego Expansion was announced right before E3 2019, and released on the last day on June 13th.
Okay, than release on 10. of November probably ;)
But, it’s definitely time, to bring out a procedor, after than five years after FM7.
I would bet October. There have been releases in the franchise in Sept. & Nov., but October has been a pretty consistent month for T10/PG.

Last edited:
BUT Flight Simulator first got released on PC and it’s a late Xbox Port, which is understandable it’s not native possible on Xbox one hardware.
It’s more a offer from Microsoft, to make it available on Xbox hardware, too, not really a „Xbox game“, in my opinion, if you know what I mean.
It's a Xbox Game Studios title, therefore it most definitely is a "xbox game".

Our 23 game development studios, now including the studios under Bethesda Softworks, focus on delivering great games for everyone, wherever they play – on console, PC, or mobile devices. We’re responsible for developing and publishing some of the biggest franchises in history: Age of Empires, Forza, Gears of War, Halo, Minecraft, Fallout, Microsoft Solitaire, Microsoft Flight Simulator, DOOM, The Elder Scrolls, and many more. We believe that play is the thing that unites everyone, because when everyone plays, we all win.

Flight Simulator for console was always on the cards. They delayed it because they needed more time to get it work in an acceptable way.

I know people tend to dismiss Microsoft Flight Simulator as a first-party Xbox game, because of its extensive history as a PC sim, but it's now as much an Xbox game as a Forza or Halo. Therefore, I would say they technically already broke their promise.

1651330164128.jpeg

apparently these are pics of an Xbox one version of the new game from last june

Attachments

• uRXeHCa.jpeg
    uRXeHCa.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 16
Interesting. Just checked the reddit thread and, apparently these are legitimate. So another cross-gen game? I don't really mind that fact much, but I imagine some would not be pleased with this development.
Yeah, expectations are really high and if true, being a cross gen title after 5 years of development would be a bit disappointing considering things like Lobby sizes. However, so far we haven't seen anything from T10 indicating a XOne release. In fact, talk kept indicating that they required the new CPUs from the series consoles to run the physics engine.

i don't mind unless it limits things like physics simulation, weather simulation, lobby sizes etc.

Hmmm. Whether genuine or not, I think this shows why it's good that game development is an internal thing as these photos do nothing to hype me for the next Forza Motorsport. I hope nothing else leaks. People should respect NDAs otherwise Turn10 would just not do any public testing again.

I'm patiently waiting for Turn10 to showcase the next Forza Motorsport when they are ready, hopefully in June this year.

Q: What platforms will I be able to play Forza Motorsport on?
A: Forza Motorsport will be available on Xbox Series X, Windows 10 PC and on Xbox Game Pass.
To be fair, it may say next-gen only, on their official FAQ, but I've seen a movie, like this, play out before.

Remember when GT7 was supposed to be a next-gen exclusive?

Then, just a few months away from release, it's actually cross-gen.

One thing is certain, if you sell across Xbox Series X/S, PC and Xbox One, you'll reach a larger playerbase than if you just stick with Series X/S and PC. They may have decided to follow the thinking of their Sony peers, GT, in terms of launch strategy. Whether that will be a good idea, or not, is another discussion.

Back