Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Any news about selectable seasons? I think it's time to let us choose the season. This Forza Horizon, I want to play it during summer: sun, blue sky, cool music, and great landscapes (FH2 :bowdown:) . Nothing against winter or autumn but a week of snow/rain is too long and almost depressing for this kind of game.

Has anyone else been having trouble getting online? I have just started getting an error about DNS settings,(PC player) I assumed it was because I had changed some settings to use the new cloudflare DNS service but I have changed it back to default and its still not working. Anyone have ideas about what I can try to get it working again?

I say PG should go for it, since Toyota is still being trouble at the moment. New TVR Griffith >>>>> Toyota Z- I mean Supra.

Btw, does anyone else find FH4 addictive to play due to how many cars are in the game? I said it before, but the list of cars makes it so damn overwhelming. I'm at 530+ cars now and half the night I've been driving almost every car in my garage from different eras.

FH4 is practically my new drug (or love) of open world racing games. Can't put it down because of the possibilities you can do. Literally. :embarrassed:

I say PG should go for it, since Toyota is still being trouble at the moment. New TVR Griffith >>>>> Toyota Z- I mean Supra.

Btw, does anyone else find FH4 addictive to play due to how many cars are in the game? I said it before, but the list of cars makes it so damn overwhelming. I'm at 530+ cars now and half the night I've been driving almost every car in my garage from different eras.

FH4 is practically my new drug (or love) of open world racing games. Can't put it down because of the possibilities you can do. Literally. :embarrassed:
Yes, I have my daily FH4 fix.

I reinstalled the game. Tellingly, the car pass did not get reinstalled with everything else. I had to reinstall it separately, but it still didn't work. But then it did work. I don't know what finally tripped it, but the game finally gave me access to the last two Car Pass cars.

1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible

2018 TVR Griffith

Glad you got it to work, finally. It's so odd how your problem has been so hit and miss. I've never had an issue, for example. Maybe this is why PG couldn't track down the solution.

At any rate, I checked out the Griffith last night. Perhaps it was the color that made me instantly think of the Supra, but either way I like the Griffith more at least on the outside. Not sure about all those raised button/knob things on the dash though.

I try and do different builds with my cars that’s how I keep it interesting, and I still keep doing the forzathon challenges.

I immediately painted the El Dorado bright yellow and put chequered stripes down its flanks, slammed it via the drift suspension and made a Crazy Taxi-style drift car. I just started doing the same with the Mercury, except I don't think it had stripes in the game. I've found 0.14/1/1 is as good as it gets to replicating that Crazy Taxi yellow.

I also just saw that offroad version of the Regalia in a Forzathon and man, I really wasn't prepared for the sheer size of the thing.

At any rate, I checked out the Griffith last night. Perhaps it was the color that made me instantly think of the Supra, but either way I like the Griffith more at least on the outside. Not sure about all those raised button/knob things on the dash though
The thing is that the Supra is not in the same league by far, in looks and performance. The Griffith does 200 mph without really breaking a sweat! And regarding those buttons, that red KILL one is really ominous! :nervous:

Glad you got it to work, finally. It's so odd how your problem has been so hit and miss. I've never had an issue, for example. Maybe this is why PG couldn't track down the solution.
I never had a problem with the car pass until last week. But I only had to reinstall it once and it worked. This week was bizarre how it just didn't want to recognize the car pass at all. It's a strange problem because it seems to hit different people different ways. I'm just glad it's over.

Unfortunately, not really. Since it came out I've been having piss poor luck when it comes to wheel spins and barely have any cars.

I played it on and off for about a week on release, stopped playing for a month or two, came back, farm for a few hours, stopped playing for a month and now I'm back and just trying to get some money.

I'm just under 5 million right now and I'm trying to save up for the 15 million castle for the wheel spins (and barn find). With how expensive everything is and how hard it is for me to get money it feels like a mobile game.

That and since I haven't really played any racing games in about a year before hand since GTS just felt like a more of a bland grindfest than GT6 (I think I have less than 12 cars on GTS) and after waiting for those new tracks in FM7 that never showed up... I lost a lot of skill and the new Summer event to get the Tuscan seems impossible to me.

I'm basically waiting for the Ultimate Add-on Pack to go on sale for 50%+ so I can get those sweet, sweet DLC cars. Sucks that the first Forza game I haven't bought the Ultimate Edition of since... FH2? Has the best DLC list since FM4.

The car pass has goddamn everything. But it seems silly to buy it for $60 dollars when every other Forza game is 50%+ off within 6 months.

Unfortunately, not really. Since it came out I've been having piss poor luck when it comes to wheel spins and barely have any cars.

I played it on and off for about a week on release, stopped playing for a month or two, came back, farm for a few hours, stopped playing for a month and now I'm back and just trying to get some money.

I'm just under 5 million right now and I'm trying to save up for the 15 million castle for the wheel spins (and barn find). With how expensive everything is and how hard it is for me to get money it feels like a mobile game.

That and since I haven't really played any racing games in about a year before hand since GTS just felt like a more of a bland grindfest than GT6 (I think I have less than 12 cars on GTS) and after waiting for those new tracks in FM7 that never showed up... I lost a lot of skill and the new Summer event to get the Tuscan seems impossible to me.

I'm basically waiting for the Ultimate Add-on Pack to go on sale for 50%+ so I can get those sweet, sweet DLC cars. Sucks that the first Forza game I haven't bought the Ultimate Edition of since... FH2? Has the best DLC list since FM4.

The car pass has goddamn everything. But it seems silly to buy it for $60 dollars when every other Forza game is 50%+ off within 6 months.

Really? Surprised to hear that. I didn't think much of the Car Pass this year despite enjoying many of the cars in it. I feel as if they have lots of cars in the pipeline but most aren't ready yet and they're slowing down the pace because they can't get the cars out quickly enough.

Long shot here: we haven't got the Huracán Performante yet because Porsche is blocking it. I just can't understand why they're taking so long to give us this car (and possibly also the 488 Pista) when they're based on cars already in the game. As a trade-off, we get lots of rare cars in Porsche's catalog as well as their new releases before everyone else.

Don't save up for Edinburgh Castle until you have all of the other houses. It's not worth it just for the wheelspins (and the car you get). Edinburgh Castle was literally the last thing I intentionally saved credits for.

It's a bummer you don't have the Fortune Island expansion, because it comes with a bunch of treasure chest hunts that give you one million credits apiece, AND the weekly seasonal events there give you three wheelspins each (instead of cars and cosmetics on mainland) - so nine per week. Though they've been a little sketchy with actually refreshing the seasonals every week there.

I'm always surprised when someone says they have an issue earning credits in this game, because I just never really had an issue with it. Maybe it's because I didn't buy many cars for a while, and just drove the stuff I got from spins and rewards.

I had no idea that the multiplier was useless lol.

Also, apparently there's a Porsche 911 Turbo that has a skill point reward that's 300k?

So I gotta build up all the skill points, by a certain Porsche, get the money, sell it, buy another, repeat.

I have like 10k skill points unused at this point.

All the cars that I use regularly are maxed out already which is probably why I got Soo much points as they make them significantly quicker.

So it's the 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo. For 150k and 20 skill points you get 300k and a wheelspin. So 150K plus whatever the wheelspin gets you.

And you can't sell cars anymore because they're dicks I guess so toss it on the auctions for $3.50 I guess afterwards?

Ah. Minimum buyout of 83K and bid of 15k. So remove from the garage when finished.

So it's the 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo. For 150k and 20 skill points you get 300k and a wheelspin. So 150K plus whatever the wheelspin gets you.

And you can't sell cars anymore because they're dicks I guess so toss it on the auctions for $3.50 I guess afterwards?

Ah. Minimum buyout of 83K and bid of 15k. So remove from the garage when finished.
The Nissan Z432 also has the 300K credit perk. Once I mine them for the money and wheelspins, I just delete them. Just my opinion, but I feel it's a dick move to auction a car after you've taken the wheelspins and money out of them.

The Nissan Z432 also has the 300K credit perk. Once I mine them for the money and wheelspins, I just delete them. Just my opinion, but I feel it's a dick move to auction a car after you've taken the wheelspins and money out of them.
Yup, that's why I removed mine instead of putting it in the auction house. Does the Nissan Z432 have the wheelspin as well?

Yes it does. Neat, I like the old Z more than the Porsche lol.

I bought the Edinburgh Castle because I wanted all of the houses, but if you're not interested in the Alfa it's probably not worth it.

Bamburgh Castle is my home and I like it because it's close to both the Gauntlet and the Titan as well as a couple regular events.

I had no idea that the multiplier was useless lol.

Also, apparently there's a Porsche 911 Turbo that has a skill point reward that's 300k?

So I gotta build up all the skill points, by a certain Porsche, get the money, sell it, buy another, repeat.

Good thing I snagged the M6 from the Auction House :)

I also finally drove on the last road in the map. It was somewhere in the wind farm.

It would also take a while to get them sold. I know because I tried it, even for a small price.

Welp, I did the date/time trick on XBOX One to obtain the regular Regalia, Prelude, 300ZX, and Escalade early.

The Regalia has a 6.5L V12 and Racing V12 swap available. Starts at mid-high B class, down from low A class in FH3.

Welp, I did the date/time trick on XBOX One to obtain the regular Regalia, Prelude, 300ZX, and Escalade early.

The Regalia has a 6.5L V12 and Racing V12 swap available. Starts at mid-high B class, down from low A class in FH3.
Can this work for the PC version too?

Back