Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Does anybody know how many cars there currently are, DLC/Seasonal Rewards included?
I'm actually kinda curious to know, with the current garage cap, if it's even possible to own one of every car in the game.

I own one of every car available, plus some spares. Definitely doable, but we are inching closer to the limit every day - and Horizon's slated to keep getting this level of support pretty much through the rest of the year, IIRC.

Another garage expansion must be in the works, right?

With the Performante/356 Emory and AE86 we'll be at 671.

I'm at 665, the only ones I'm missing are some PO cars of some description that I don't really care about.

My 668 count includes those three, though I may be missing something.

I'm at 665, those 3 are going to bring me at 668 and I'm missing 3 PO cars (Camaro/Focus/720S) which then brings the total to 671. Maybe you're missing some of the PO cars.

Keep in mind there's also 2 Hoonicorns and 2 Focus RXRS which are often overlooked.

I own one of every car available, plus some spares. Definitely doable, but we are inching closer to the limit every day - and Horizon's slated to keep getting this level of support pretty much through the rest of the year, IIRC.

Another garage expansion must be in the works, right?

I hope they are working on expanding. I think I'm in the 740s. There are lots of cars with custom body kits, which I treat as a "different" version of a car. They should've thought about this when deciding what the limit should be. Make it 1000 and call it a day.

I know it's great to have a lot of cars in your garage, but when most of them are received from wheelspins or other challenges, you don't really have a strong connection to them. I sometimes don't know what car to drive! I've only purchased a few cars, such as the Ford Ranger Raptor, which I swapped a V8 into and it's my go-to choice for any off-road event... According to the game, I've had the most wins with it. I don't feel compelled to use any other vehicle because I have CHOSEN to buy it; I feel a greater sense of ownership compared to cars I've simply won as a prize.

I know it's great to have a lot of cars in your garage, but when most of them are received from wheelspins or other challenges, you don't really have a strong connection to them. I sometimes don't know what car to drive! I've only purchased a few cars, such as the Ford Ranger Raptor, which I swapped a V8 into and it's my go-to choice for any off-road event... According to the game, I've had the most wins with it. I don't feel compelled to use any other vehicle because I have CHOSEN to buy it; I feel a greater sense of ownership compared to cars I've simply won as a prize.

Don't let that thought process waste your time and credits, because the only real difference between a prize car and a purchased car is that you get to choose the default paintwork on the latter.

To me, buying a car instead of winning one has no impact on my "connection" with it. I've probably driven my RS4 (which I won in a wheelspin) more than my XJ220 (which I purchased myself), and I like them both equally.

For me, if a car proves itself in having a purpose and being good at it, then I'll keep it and drive it a lot. I think my most-driven is a Mosler, which has rally prep, 4WD and a supercharger. With short gearing. Tops out at 195 but it's a missile on any of the rally events.

I bought a Vulcan FE out of the auction house, for around 300k. Only bought it because a) I was drunk; b) it was a nice colour, and c) the bid price was 300k and the buyout deep into the millions. I've discovered though that it's a great road-racer if you whack the downforce sliders all the way to the right. So it's staying in the fleet.

I could go on, but I won't. I just wish I could sweep away all the dross in the garage.

I could go on, but I won't. I just wish I could sweep away all the dross in the garage.
Heaven knows I've been trying to do that, but no matter how many times I delete cars I don't care about, the next few wheelspins are all but guaranteed to just throw them right back in again. I feel like I'm trying to bail out the Titanic with a drinking glass.

Please, no more Audi sedans...

Audi, BMW, Fiat and Abarth 124, Meyers Manx, Mercury Coupe ... they are like cursed items.
I don't hate these cars, but my garage has no space for them anymore.

Seriously, I hope they will extend the garage or add some of the early exclusive cars (eg, wheel spin exclusive cars) to the auto show.
I have a PO and all exclusive cars except for the content after the next week, but many of them just keep it just because it is an "exclusive car". I do not love Cayenne and Macan.

Does the garage become full? I want rid of cars because I can't be bothered scrolling through loads of cars I'm not interested in driving to get to the one I want.

Why scroll? You can hit the window button on the left of the Xbox button and jump to manufacturer.

VXR
Why scroll? You can hit the window button on the left of the Xbox button and jump to manufacturer.

Hmm, I'm playing on PC with a DFGT wheel, but I'll check out if there's something similar. Cheers

Hmm, I'm playing on PC with a DFGT wheel, but I'll check out if there's something similar. Cheers
does the dfgt wheel have a select button? the select button on ps3 controllers and ps4 would behave the same as the view button (back button on 360 controller

Last edited:
I was mostly happy for the inclusion of the Huracán Performante just because it would shut up a certain subset of fans. I figured I’d drive it a couple times and then back into the garage to collect dust it would go. Instead I’ve been driving it pretty much non-stop for the last few days. It’s well-balanced, quick, responsive. It’s actually living up to the hype.

I was mostly happy for the inclusion of the Huracán Performante just because it would shut up a certain subset of fans. I figured I’d drive it a couple times and then back into the garage to collect dust it would go. Instead I’ve been driving it pretty much non-stop for the last few days. It’s well-balanced, quick, responsive. It’s actually living up to the hype.
Now they’ll want the Aventador SVJ.

I'm just glad all four highly requested cars are out of the way now. It took long enough, but at least it's over for now, am I right?

Now how bout we get some of the cars that are currently on that recent leaked list before we all fly back to the track with FM8 shall we? Last I heard, Panzo, Saab, and even RUF were on that list, along with many others like the 2001 Aston Martin Vanquish. :embarrassed:

I'm just glad all four highly requested cars are out of the way now. It took long enough, but at least it's over for now, am I right?

Now how bout we get some of the cars that are currently on that recent leaked list before we all fly back to the track with FM8 shall we? Last I heard, Panzo, Saab, and even RUF were on that list, along with many others like the 2001 Aston Martin Vanquish. :embarrassed:
I’m still waiting for the SLR Mclaren then my game is complete.

The near flawless nature of the Huracán Performante is almost too much good. The same can be said about the 488 Pista, but I think the Ferrari pulls it off with a bit more soul and character.

It's nice that we have the modern track weapon trio, the 600LT, Pista, and Performante (the sound was highly disappointing however). The release of the SVJ is recent, so even though I want it in FH4, there's a chance that it will most likely arrive in the next installment, which is a smarter move. Same with the hypercars like the Valkyrie. I'm just waiting for cars were previously mentioned (and somewhat confirmed) to arrive in the game like the Venturi.

It's nice that we have the modern track weapon trio, the 600LT, Pista, and Performante (the sound was highly disappointing however). The release of the SVJ is recent, so even though I want it in FH4, there's a chance that it will most likely arrive in the next installment, which is a smarter move. Same with the hypercars like the Valkyrie. I'm just waiting for cars were previously mentioned (and somewhat confirmed) to arrive in the game like the Venturi.
With the route they are going, they seem to be updating the cars from the older Horizons and putting them in 4, which I enjoy. With Toyota slowly coming back, I could see the FJ Cruiser or the older FJ. For faster cars, they would bring the Devon GTX or hopefully the old Gumperts :)

With the route they are going, they seem to be updating the cars from the older Horizons and putting them in 4, which I enjoy. With Toyota slowly coming back, I could see the FJ Cruiser or the older FJ. For faster cars, they would bring the Devon GTX or hopefully the old Gumperts :)

Yeah, I can't wait for the LFA to come back as well.

Back