Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Yesterday I posted about getting the Rover and the Transit by skipping the date as expected I got my first ever ban:nervous: luckily it's only for a month well I have learnt my lesson now.

I ended up biting the bullet, and got those 2 cars early as well. I await my month ban now, not that I'm bothered. :lol:

I still think that Playground's way of punishing players that exploit a GLARING flaw in the calendar system is dumb and way too last resort of a method. Instead of having to ban players after the fact, why not, I don't know, fix their vulnerable system and not have to worry about it?

I still think that Playground's way of punishing players that exploit a GLARING flaw in the calendar system is dumb and way too last resort of a method. Instead of having to ban players after the fact, why not, I don't know, fix their vulnerable system and not have to worry about it?

The only way for Microsoft to fix this without making the cars unavailable to offline players (which, I tell you, would go down a joy with the community, and perhaps rightfully so) would be to tie the system's time to the console's RTC and taking the ability to set it manually away from the user. Which would create some issues in itself, and could also be rather hard to implement on currently existing consoles.

Frankly, I don't see them doing that just to fix an exploit in Forza Horizon.

P.S. in theory, you should be able to timetravel and not get a ban, provided you stay offline until the time where the cars you've gotten this way are supposed to unlock.

Yesterday I posted about getting the Rover and the Transit by skipping the date as expected I got my first ever ban:nervous: luckily it's only for a month well I have learnt my lesson now.
There is a possibility you will get 2 months for two cars like I got. Although the message I got stated it was a month ban it was 2 actually. I was lucky that happened on my second account.
While I do agree they should fix it first, we all agreed to the rules before installing the game. One of it is taking about using exploit to obtain content early.

edit: you will get banned even if you stay offline. There is a sistem that register the date a car was obtained. I wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:
edit: you will get banned even if you stay offline. There is a sistem that register the date a car was obtained. I wouldn't risk it.

Yeah, but in theory, that system should register the system date at which the car was obtained. Unless it also checks for how much time has passed since the car was obtained with the console's RTC, in which case yeah, you're boned.

In theory traveling back in time is also allowed. When the ban lifted I went back for the M3 GTS and wasn't banned again.
However getting banned is really annoying. I would rather wait than take the risk.

I got the Rover SD1 and the Lexus LFA for this season. Loving the sound of the LFA, just like the real thing and how I remembered. :)
2020-02-13_11-43-02_AM-fsl5s3ka.png

I'm sorry to bring the mood down by being a wet blanket, but I 🤬 hate racing in this game. It's almost never something I can learn from, i.e. not taking the corner properly, missing an apex and running wide or eating too much curb and oversteering — yes, those things happen, but they're too far and few between for me.

More often than not, it's "here's a ramp, you'd better hope your trajectory isn't messed with mid jump, or you ram headfirst into a barricade that you don't know is there!" or some other variation where you're at the mercy of a track layout you have to restart 20 times just to win once. At the end of the day, I guess this means I don't like street racing the way Horizon does it. I don't like having my race decided by some random ass passenger vehicle the game decided to spawn the moment I move to overtake, or the AI causing a collision that requires me to have fighter pilot-like reflexes to respond to the moment it happens.

I'm real close to calling it quits on the LFA and just not playing anymore.

Writing this up was incredibly cathartic for me. Again, sorry for being a wet blanket.

I don't really mind the street racing to an extent, it's reminescent in concept to the old TXR games or the very early NFS stuff, where traffic was very much part of the equation in your point to point race. The biggest problem is that the game more often than not forces you to use high S-class stuff that is usually way too fast for the kind of roads these races use. Doing street scene events in B or A class is actually kind of fun. It's a nightmare in S2 class though, because everything comes at you way too fast.

Cross-country races, however, have been the bane of my existence since their introduction in FH2.

Cross country has kinda grown on me, at least with vehicles that handle it well.

Cross country with buggies (or any event type with buggies, for that matter), however, should be yeeted into the nearest active volcano.

I don't really mind the street racing to an extent, it's reminescent in concept to the old TXR games or the very early NFS stuff, where traffic was very much part of the equation in your point to point race. The biggest problem is that the game more often than not forces you to use high S-class stuff that is usually way too fast for the kind of roads these races use. Doing street scene events in B or A class is actually kind of fun. It's a nightmare in S2 class though, because everything comes at you way too fast.

Cross-country races, however, have been the bane of my existence since their introduction in FH2.

I actually don't mind A or B class races at all really because, like you said, it's fun. I had to restart every race in 2010's event way too many times because everything is a mess. Last 1% I needed, I just hopped into the rivals event with the Lego Chiron and called it a day.

Welp, still not banned. Unlocked all 4 cars so if I get banned, it's no biggie now. I'm still gonna hold off on driving the Vulcan AMR and Supervan3 til Winter, unless they slap me with the 30 day ban.

gotta say im loving the lfa :) even did a nfs design for it (based on a is300 from nfs carbon) its shared if any1's interested.. now with lexus is back i do hope they will add the is300 that or the toyota altezza rs200 as its basically the same car
Forza Horizon 4 2_13_2020 2_03_51 PM.png

179 329 812 is the code to find my design

Last edited:
Back