Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 4' started by PJTierney, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Nielsen

Nielsen

Ok, I never paid much attention to how differentials work. Thanks for clarifying.

Darla Starch, CVPI93 and VXR like this.
  2. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

No worries! I've been around differentials long enough to understand them.

3. MazdaZXi

MazdaZXi

Adding race suspension seems to make it more noticeable. Scroll through the different upgrades and as the car lowers, it pushes the wheels even further back.

Nexus likes this.
  4. Nexus

Nexus

So this happened:
    upload_2020-2-16_13-51-11.png

I set the max buyout to 500k just out of curiousity and stumbled upon this. Completely untouched skill tree, too. :D

VXR, ykiki and Cloudy like this.
  5. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy

I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking at there. You bought a Subaru for 15k? What am I missing?

6. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

'04 Impreza, a wheelspin/playlist exclusive car, and arguably the best Impreza in the game.

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.
  7. Nacho Libre

Nacho Libre

I have named my LFA the Banshee of Edinburgh, it's just delightful to blast in straight line out of the castle, the sound is so good!

TokoTurismo, CVPI93, Nexus and 2 others like this.
  8. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy

Oh, of course. Makes sense. Thanks.

CVPI93 likes this.
  9. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Have any of you ever noticed how the front splitter is animated on the Mk.IV Supra? Depending on the speed, it will come out and close itself.

All these years I never thought it did that, but it's a nice attention to detail by PG, as always. :)

Populuxe Cowboy and Cloudy like this.
  10. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

I never realized that it had active aero, either. I should check to see if it's the same with GTS.

11. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

I didn't either haha. I checked in GTS one time and the front splitter is not animated (mind you, I have the game). Although I can tell you the Mitsubishi 3000GT has active aero from front to rear.

12. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

I knew that the 3000GT had active aero.

As for the Supra, the one in Horizon is the 1998 RZ model, while the one in GTS is the '97. Maybe the newer one added active aero.

TokoTurismo likes this.
  13. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Ahh okay, that makes sense now. :tup:

14. ShawnPhillips

ShawnPhillips

Got Curious and did a bit of google-fu, Seems the Active front Splitter was an option extra on the A80 Supra, so not all of them had it. Perhaps the one PD used as reference for their model did not have it installed while the one T10/PG had did have it installed.

L8 Apex, Nexus, Apple Slipper and 3 others like this.
  15. Nielsen

Nielsen

Yes, I remember noticing it all the way back in FM6.

TokoTurismo likes this.
  16. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Is that so!? That's interesting overall, because I never knew the mark IV had such a option, but I'm very happy to know about it now. :)

Nielsen likes this.
  17. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Got bored, so I made a "Top Class" tune for the VW pickup. I usually make tunes that go to the top of the stock class.

My GT is the same as my user.

18. Apple Slipper

Apple Slipper

I am going to treasure the Holden, HDT and HSV cars that we have in Forza, because Holden is going to be axed, unfortunately.

sskmercer, VXR, Cloudy and 6 others like this.
  19. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

Makes sense in a way, most (if not all) current Holdens were rebadged Opels, and that belongs to PSA now. It'd be a shame to lose Holden in future games, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

VXR, TokoTurismo, Nexus and 2 others like this.
  20. L8 Apex

L8 Apex

That doesn't seem to have prevented most other orphan brands with long histories and/or large followings (including GM ones like Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Hummer) from appearing in games up until this point, and I suspect Holden won't be much different (especially since GM will be hanging on to the rights to the name and other intellectual property like body designs).

If Holden was a standalone company like Studebaker or sold off like Saab I'd be worried...

sskmercer, Northstar, Nexus and 3 others like this.
  21. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

I hope we don't lose Holden and the other manufacturers mentioned. But I am positive we wouldn't lose them in the next Forzas. T10/PG are just so darn good at obtaining different licenses regardless of companies like Pontiac not existing anymore.

So my fingers are crossed we get to keep Holden, HDT and HSV on board for FM8 and FH5. :tup:

Also, it's sad to hear Holden is getting axed. I love its cars. :(

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  22. Nielsen

Nielsen

Holden's domestic models ended production in 2017. I'd say that was much more unfortunate than GM now discontinuing the Holden name and badge on the global models in Australia. I strongly doubt Forza will be negatively affected by this.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    sskmercer, ykiki, L8 Apex and 4 others like this.
  23. Turboteg90

Turboteg90

Forza Horizon 3 just became an icon.

24. 53Nicolas

53Nicolas

I hope they will keep Holden cars too, we unfortunately have too few of their cars in H4 when we compare to FH3 & FM7 australian cars. They made some really interesting cars.

Apple Slipper and TokoTurismo like this.
  25. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

A part of me thinks it's because FH4 is set in the UK. It might explain why we have few aussie cars in the game. But knowing T10, they wouldn't give up on its cars and will hopefully add back all the rest into the next game, FM8. :)

53Nicolas and L8 Apex like this.
  26. RazorSharkz

RazorSharkz

The Holden nameplate will still be owned by GM right??? As long as they keep their decent relationship with GM going they should be able to license Holden's without an issue.

53Nicolas likes this.
  27. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Well, Hummer is coming back with their tease of their electric truck. Maybe we'll be getting that down the line.

53Nicolas likes this.
  28. JPinto

JPinto

It's actually going to be a model instead of a whole brand this time around, will be sold as a GMC Hummer, but the case rests, since we already have GMC as well.

53Nicolas, Apple Slipper and L8 Apex like this.
  29. HopAlong

HopAlong

,We still get brands like Lola, AMC, Austin-Healey, Hillman, Talbot, Sunbeam, etc. so Holden/HSV/HDT shouldn't be too much of a stretch to expect them to stay. Its a shame to lose Holden IRL, GM is an odd one, I would have assumed they'd want to be a big global player, now they just sell cars in the Americas a China so it seems.

Finally got the LFA but I'm disappointed its another car to add to the missing taillight texture gang.

phillkillv2 and 53Nicolas like this.
  30. KeiferH

KeiferH

When you can't hear the Horizon Radio songs one more time.

2020-02-17 17.51.22.jpg

I wouldn't go out and spend the money on it, but when it's just sitting there in the garage why not? Mixed with game audio through my tactile headphone amps.

VXR, L8 Apex, Apple Slipper and 2 others like this.