Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I have had the dumbest teammates in both PG games and the co-op. In co-op my teammates race everyone except the other team. In Infected games, they run away from their own infected teammates they should be healing, and in King they run away from cars with broken crowns they could be helping. It's almost like no one knows how to play these games. In fact I still haven't finished the games.

I have had the dumbest teammates in both PG games and the co-op. In co-op my teammates race everyone except the other team. In Infected games, they run away from their own infected teammates they should be healing, and in King they run away from cars with broken crowns they could be helping. It's almost like no one knows how to play these games. In fact I still haven't finished the games.

Maybe they’re beginners in these modes. I remember being confused as heck the first few times I had a go at the Playground Games.

Maybe they’re beginners in these modes. I remember being confused as heck the first few times I had a go at the Playground Games.
I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but all of them beginners in a game that's been out for a year and a half? Possible, but unlikely.

I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but all of them beginners in a game that's been out for a year and a half? Possible, but unlikely.

It’s my impression that many players don’t venture into the playground modes unless there’s a worthwhile prize at stake. So while the majority of the FH4 player-base is probably established by now, the game still offers so much variety that even veterans can get rusty in some aspects of it.

It’s my impression that many players don’t venture into the playground modes unless there’s a worthwhile prize at stake. So while the majority of the FH4 player-base is probably established by now, the game still offers so much variety that even veterans can get rusty in some aspects of it.
I had an issue once where no one paid attention to the rules of the game. So even though I was on the Red team, I was unfortunately driving a blue car and ALL of my supposed teammates kept knocking me off the road.

I had an issue once where no one paid attention to the rules of the game. So even though I was on the Red team, I was unfortunately driving a blue car and ALL of my supposed teammates kept knocking me off the road.

Ok. Well, crazy people are everywhere.

PG can be realy scary. Last night I tried the seasonal. The first opponent team was a convoy of a prestige 5-6 players from the same club all driving the same car. After 5 seconds all of my teammates quit so I followed. Didn't even bother to pick up the flag. Scary stuff.

PG can be realy scary. Last night I tried the seasonal. The first opponent team was a convoy of a prestige 5-6 players from the same club all driving the same car. After 5 seconds all of my teammates quit so I followed. Didn't even bother to pick up the flag. Scary stuff.
So they just...intimidated you guys to death? :lol:

It’s my impression that many players don’t venture into the playground modes unless there’s a worthwhile prize at stake.

That's what I do. Can't be bothered to play them otherwise, they take way too long for my liking, and it's purely based on luck rather than actual talent.

We don't know whether the program will be resumed after Series X is released. If you only talked about Forza games, then you are probably right, since license did run out and renewing them doesn't make business sense imo

From my understanding, BC stopped so that the BC team could work on next-gen and the licensing team to work on xCloud licensing. I expect the team to return to releasing more BC games once Series X is released. I never got the impression that BC is 100% done.

It annoys me FH2 is the only non-enhanced Horizon game, while the others are enhanced. I could be wrong but as long as they don't offer it for sale again, they can still technically "patch" old games, so no need for licensing. The fact the link states that devs are no longer required to even touch the games makes me think they have some A.I. or some auto-enhancement. Guess we'll see.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...es-with-lettering-for-the-Vulcan-AMR-Pro.aspx

vulcanamr.png

Vulcan AMR originally seemed to have the option to choose Michelin lettering race tires.
Since no other car with Michelin lettering tires is in FH4, has this option been removed due to Michelin licensing issues?

Just different tire models for winter season. It’s there in the other seasons
I noticed the Race tires on the Vulcan and Supervan have a different tread pattern then normal race tires. I haven't checked any other cars, but maybe Playground updated the game to have different tire model for the Race compound in winter, Like Rally tires turning into Snow Tires?

Has anyone actually beat the speed trap yet? I was trying it yesterday and I couldn't get above 185 mph in a Supra.
I used my Koeniggsegg Regera RS with AWD, rally suspension and snow tires. Set a new personal best of 220 and change. I went from east to west, and lifted off the throttle for a second just before the curve to the left that leads to the speed trap.
Honestly last month was the first time I ventured in, but it doesn’t take long to figure it out.
I finally got it today. Everyone worked together. During King, players with a crown would be shadowed by a teammate so they could take the crown when the king was slowed down. In infected, teammates rushed to heal infected teammates. It was a real positive experience.

Honestly last month was the first time I ventured in, but it doesn’t take long to figure it out.

I didn't say it takes long to figure out, but it does take a few games to get settled in. After all, it's three rather different game types with different playing styles and color codes presented in the span five short rounds. For this reason it's simply not hard to imagine that beginners and inexperienced players might appear totally clueless at it, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're dumb. Though, I'm not denying that trolls exist to ruin the multiplayer fun for others, for whatever stupid reasons.

Has anyone actually beat the speed trap yet? I was trying it yesterday and I couldn't get above 185 mph in a Supra.

I used a fully upgraded 599XX Evo. Soften the suspension a little bit, and whack the downforce right up, front and rear. I needed to start a long way back (that car is RWD), and when you get to the left curve, you need a big lift on turn-in. Then mash the throttle, and let the car run out wide-right a little bit: you have time to drag it back to the left before the trap.

That trap is basically all about how much speed you can carry through the left hander. If you lose too much speed, you don't have time to pick it back up again. Realistically you need to be carrying at least 195MPH through the apex. That's why it's a downforce challenge, not a power challenge.

EDIT: My son - who seems to build top-speed monsters almost exclusively - has had real trouble with this speed trap. In fact, I think he's given up on it. And as much as I try to preach the aero mantra, he just doesn't get it.

Writing on the whiteboard suggests the Mclaren Speedtail. Plus one picture in the computers is an old Toyota engine.

Looks like we're getting the 2000GT next.

1967-toyota-2000-gt-20_800x0w.jpg

The airstrip photo unfortunately isn't a clue about a new airstrip, but is actually the Kennedy Space Center, where the Mclaren Speedtail reached 250mph.

80_big.jpg

Also "PAT 1" on the board + GMC Vandura + the boxes on the table suggest we're getting a new Horizon Story about deliveries.

41-XpS4wGNL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Also for those wondering this is the Amazon page on the left side of the whiteboard.

Last edited:
Oooo the Toyota 2000GT and the McLaren Speedtail? Great additions to a game that's ever expending in FREE content. :)👍

The new Horizon Story should be fun as well. Wonder what the last two cars would be?

I'm very happy that we appear to be getting the Toyota 2000GT, but it would be nice if we could get more than one Toyota a month.
It would be pretty sweet if that happened. It would make the process a lot faster. I imagine PG is doing this as we head down the track (out intended) with FM8 to keep the excitement going. :) The Lexus LFA has me really excited to drive on the Nurburgring!

I also imagine we will, hopefully, have all the Toyotas and Lexus (even Scion) that ever featured in Forza Horizon with maybe surprises in the mix.

Mind you, I'm not disagreeing with you on that idea, because I would want all of the Toyotas and Lexuses added right away. This is just me impressing what PG has planned with Toyota's return to the forza franchise. 👍
First look at Forza 8 raytracing in the rain might be seen this week at an AMD event. They are also rumoured to be showing off a 4K version of FH4 running at 120fps.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-gameplay-footage-may-be-showcased-amd-financial-day
OMG WHAT!? This week!? Oh boy!!! :D:D:D

An aero engine? I just got a SAAB vibe. Pls be SAAB! Also think we will get the Jag i Pace..... the Duracell on the right.

Back