Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
What is it with S2 street championships??? Difficulty on some courses is off the scale. Managed two second places in "So Last Decade" but the Coastal event at night simply takes the piss. It's like it expects you to complete it without braking, going round corners at 200 flat out. Tried all kinds of cars, Apollo, GT3RS, Atom, IDR, it's all the same. The IDR was probably most successful but even then I barely managed to keep in 3rd or 4th. Good job I've already got the Q1 and just need to complete the Rover championship and Muscle Bound to get the LFA. Talk about inconsistent difficulty..

What is it with S2 street championships??? Difficulty on some courses is off the scale. Managed two second places in "So Last Decade" but the Coastal event at night simply takes the piss. It's like it expects you to complete it without braking, going round corners at 200 flat out. Tried all kinds of cars, Apollo, GT3RS, Atom, IDR, it's all the same. The IDR was probably most successful but even then I barely managed to keep in 3rd or 4th. Good job I've already got the Q1 and just need to complete the Rover championship and Muscle Bound to get the LFA. Talk about inconsistent difficulty..
Street scene is more difficult by default since you drive at night with traffic. Add the fast S2 cars and you have the perfect cocktail. However I found that particular championship quite easy since you can choose most of the OP cars.
Did it with the Q1 and it was quite an easy win. Tough the routes are pretty hard if you don't know them well.

I have a Porsche 918 build/tune "Street Scene" that might help (gamertag: ignjaram). Alternatively, if you have access to the 2019 Porsche Carrera S, you can put the 918 engine and turn it into a S2 monster that is not undriveable (I also have a build/tune for that.)

Last edited:
I can't believe I missed that, but I never knew you can grind Superstar Creator (Painter, Tuner, Photographer and Blueprinter) simply by sharing an unsharing one single content. Every time you share a tune or a photo you gain 100 influence in that category. Still boring as hell. But if you lack creativity like me then you have a solution to become Horizon Superstar. Time to grind for that Engine Beanie. :)

I ran the first two races in the F12 TdF (stock) and picked up first places. My son had mentioned he had some difficulty in an Aventador and that he was struggling on a rally section. So, thinking that I hadn't seen a rally section yet, and that I would need something AWD I swapped into the Lamborghini Sesto, and won the Coastal Rush easily.

I find that it's really easy to over-drive in the Street Scene races. The drivatars seem to have late-race wobbles, opening up opportunities to pass. There are several junctions where the racing line is not modelled correctly, meaning you can take huge speed through junctions on the traditional racing line where the AI slows significantly (e.g. where you come out of the city to Arthur's Seat, the roundabout onto what is the Duddingston Low Road in real life is an area where you can be more than 50mph faster than an AI car in a PP-equivalent car. See https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...e723d1fdc5c0163!8m2!3d55.9460153!4d-3.1596354. Sorry, but I live in Edinburgh, so I know this area!)

Also, even with the Drivatars set to Highly Skilled they don't drive through the checkpoint markers. This means there is often an inside line to take where you can effect a pass either directly in a slow corner, or by taking much more speed through on a shallower line.

I decided today to try the Adventure content out properly, starting with drift adventures... I didn't do well because I have absolutely no A/B class AWD drift cars and couldn't find an A/B RWD drift car in time (because I've forgotten how they're all tuned, as it's been months) so I ended up entering one with a stock Lancia S4 and another with a Repsol-liveried Ferrari 355 that is very definitely race tuned and came dead last both times.

So I thought I'd turn to you for help! Is there a list of all the different categories/race series you might encounter in all the different adventure modes? I'd like to populate my favourites with Adventure cars so I'll never have to look too hard to find something.

So I thought I'd turn to you for help! Is there a list of all the different categories/race series you might encounter in all the different adventure modes? I'd like to populate my favourites with Adventure cars so I'll never have to look too hard to find something.

Drift adventures will have B/A AWD and RWD, S1/S2 AWD and RWD. Ranked adventures can be anything between B and S2, with either cross country, dirt, roadracing or street races. It's all random, so you never really know what you'll end up with.

Thanks @-Fred-, so I suppose apart from the four cars for drift adventures we'd also need:
  • Three cars of each class (since dirt and cross country are quite different but street and road racing have similar requirements), although maybe a winter street/road racing car would also be a good idea?
  • One car from each class for playground game adventures (does that also run B-S2? seems unlikely) tuned for maximum grip, acceleration and handling
  • Maybe cars tuned for a bit of both for anything goes adventures too? I don't even know what those are to be honest!

Anything goes seems to be a bit of a wildcard, to be honest I've only tried it once and I don't really remember what it was about. There's a big bias towards the offroad stuff in ranked adventures, so I'd definitely spend more time building cars for that kind of racing. I've rarely seen road racing or street races, but they do exist.

Also, the favorite function works a charm with these, since you only have about 40-45 seconds to choose a car, and the default sorting doesn't make any sense.

"Today we are expecting a hotfix for #ForzaHorizon4 Release notes here:"

Version Number:
PC: 1.396.104.2
Xbox: 1.396.106.0

CROSS PLATFORM FIXES

• The LEGO Chiron Race event map slam/VO will now trigger correctly for returning players to LEGO Speed Champions.
    • Fixed an issue with the Creative Hub only showing liveries for the car they are currently in.
    • Fixed an occasional crash during boot on the splash screens.

I need to upgrade something(s) on my car for 22PI points to get that B700 sticker... That'd be a fun conversation to have with the wife. :lol:

My car must be at D200, but it'd be wonderful if I can boost that up to D400 at least. However, the new tires I install may boost that to class C! :lol: :P :D

So the hot patch fixed the occasional part of the crashes, it now crashes on start up every time. Beware the game is not playable on Xbox right now, idk about PC, but xbox version is ****ed.

I found this on reddit.
Returning to the dashboard and waiting a few tens of seconds, the game seems to launch properly.

Yeah I remember doing this a few times months ago. I must have went to the dashboard by mistake one time when it was loading and when I came back it went to the next screen already.

So I've been doing a lot of Forzathon events as of late, and one thing is made painfully clear: these events either need to be scrapped altogether, or have new events rotated in monthly or bi-monthly. I'm deathly sick of driving to the starting point in a car I want to drive, only to switch to something else because the game is obsessed with dirt trails.

Stunt zones, jumps, speed traps, speed zones — I'm fine with all of that for the most part, and even that's become all too repetitive. There's an open world and for whatever reason, the game confines you to a such a finite space. Why not have road trips in addition to everything else? Everyone has a certain amount of time to make it to a set location that exposes some lesser known spots on the map. Everyone makes it? Cool, you move to round 2.

It's a very rough idea, but I mean...give us something. Car soccer in Forzathon, or even fastest lap challenges where everyone has to beat a set lap time.

I love Forzathon Live and think is one of the best mode in any open world driving games. Love that feeling of a car meet. Of course the fun is gone once the event starts. Becouse once it starts you clearly feel like you're doing a chore. Lots of potential with a lot of room to improvement.

I regularly play with my son and one of his mates. The mate has memorised basically all of the event sequences. So if the meeting point is in a specific place, he pretty much knows what the sequence of events is going to be.

But I totally agree with @Terronium-12. I rock up in something interesting and then always end up switching to my rally-spec supercharged Mosler. The speed trap events are always best handled with something that has instant, ballistic acceleration, rather than something with a genuine top speed. Then you have a dirt zone, so again you need AWD and loads of torque.

Still, given the amount of absolute junk I've had out of wheelspins recently, Forzathons > Forza Shop > Auction House remains one of the better earning opportunities in the game.

I love Forzathon Live and think is one of the best mode in any open world driving games. Love that feeling of a car meet. Of course the fun is gone once the event starts. Becouse once it starts you clearly feel like you're doing a chore. Lots of potential with a lot of room to improvement.
I love that car meet feeling, too. I had a slightly different experience a few days ago. I showed up to a Forzathon Live in Edinburgh in my totally stock C1 Corvette covered in the special Valentines hearts livery. I thought it would be fun to two-speed Powerglide my way around the Forzathon while everyone else did the heavy lifting. Except that there was only one other guy, he was in a hypercar, and he was single-handedly powering out the first speed trap challenge. The second challenge was a speed zone and he kept quick-chatting "You're too slow!". He was right. I swapped to the LFA and we were able to finish the second challenge with about 4 minutes remaining. Last challenge was collecting drifts (not a total drift score, just getting drifts.) We managed to do it with about 15 seconds remaining on the clock. Afterwards we just sat there in our cars next to each other basically sending out "good job" vibes. It was the first really collaborative feeling I've had in this game. There was just the two of us, we had a common goal, and we achieved it with seconds to spare. It was a good feeling.

Back