Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Only annoying thing for this was the Bugatti speed zone I probably gave it 10+ tries before I got it with short gears on a lego Chiron. I usually just just my 599XX Evo for those.

Here it is. :)
We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 4. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this content update.
Version Number:

• PC: 1.397.978.0
    • Xbox: 1.397.978.0
CROSS PLATFORM FIXES

• Audio not working in game
    • Players crashing when booting up the title
Wow that was fast! 👍

Only annoying thing for this was the Bugatti speed zone I probably gave it 10+ tries before I got it with short gears on a lego Chiron. I usually just just my 599XX Evo for those.

Attack it uphill to enter with a high average speed and just keep the speed up. Max downforce and race tyres help

Freaking finally...

Attachments

• IMG_3ea4a7db-2e47-4a79-916f-ab0782b65385.png
    IMG_3ea4a7db-2e47-4a79-916f-ab0782b65385.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 48
Attack it uphill to enter with a high average speed and just keep the speed up. Max downforce and race tyres help
That’s what I was doing I kept cutting the corner by the bridge and wall tapping it but I kept getting 129 and lower until I finally got 135.

@Populuxe Cowboy Haha, yep! :D:tup:👍

Finally managed to obtain the Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro as well, and decided to bring it to its natural habitat to get it prepared for hardcore racing in FM8. ;)
2020-02-27_12-05-50_PM-epfyiqzj.png

I was coming here to post the exact same thing. :lol:

They behave like proper race slicks, too, not like the ones on the Falcon FE and the Monte Carlo.
Really? Well I'm looking more forward to trying them out on the Supervan 3 then! :D

VXR
With Forza's clout, branded tyres should be a doddle to license and available on all cars as part of the race parts modifications to spec racer.
Just off the top of my head, Goodyear, Bridgestone, BF Goodrich, Dunlop, Pirelli, Continental, Hoosier, Michelin, Avon, Firestone, Cooper, Hankook, Mickey Thompson, Kumho, Metzeler, Falken, Toyo, Yokohama, Advan, and Coker for the classic cars would add a lot of variety and style to the cars in the game. And give us performance white walls for the Rods & Customs while you're at it.

I could see a few manufacturers not willing to play ball or making sure there's only one option available for their cars.

VXR
With Forza's clout, branded tyres should be a doddle to license and available on all cars as part of the race parts modifications to spec racer.

Just off the top of my head, Goodyear, Bridgestone, BF Goodrich, Dunlop, Pirelli, Continental, Hoosier, Michelin, Avon, Firestone, Cooper, Hankook, Mickey Thompson, Kumho, Metzeler, Falken, Toyo, Yokohama, Advan, and Coker for the classic cars would add a lot of variety and style to the cars in the game. And give us performance white walls for the Rods & Customs while you're at it.

In case you've both forgotten, this already happened in Forza Motorsport 2. It also had rear diffusers, different adjustable rear wing options.

This is what I absolutely hate about development when appealing to a mass market. Early on, games aim for the sky and implement all of these incredible features and then, without fail, the game moves into a more mainstream focus that gimps the overall experience thereon. FM1 and 2 had tuner cars. Where are they now?

FM1 had the most realistic rating system in the entire franchise and it was dumbed down. This has no consequence on anything at all, but what sounds better to you? A racing car in the R, P, or X class, or R-GT, R-GTS, or R-P1? :P

In case you've both forgotten, this already happened in Forza Motorsport 2. It also had rear diffusers, different adjustable rear wing options.
Unfortunately, I started playing Forza Motorsport with FM3, so I missed out on all that.

FM1 and 2 had tuner cars. Where are they now?

Gonna be real here - they were cool additions, but I never really found them that vital, and often times only sold them. Plus...it did kind of inflate the car list ala duplicate models in GT4-6.

FM1 had the most realistic rating system in the entire franchise and it was dumbed down. This has no consequence on anything at all, but what sounds better to you? A racing car in the R, P, or X class, or R-GT, R-GTS, or R-P1? :P

I think a better fleshing out of the rating system is recommended, but it's fine in Forza Horizon (Which is the main crux of this thread)

For Motorsport...those three classes from FM1 are effectively replaced by Divisions. Which seems like a better way to go about things.

What's interesting is that many of these brands are already licensed in the game as "official" stickers you can apply to your vehicle.

Unfortunately, I started playing Forza Motorsport with FM3, so I missed out on all that.

Oh man. While you came in at a great period, you missed this:

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know how well it's aged as I haven't listened to it in a long while, but when you upgraded the exhausts the engine note changed...I think it added more pitch and intensity. One of the best sounding cars in the game as a result was the original Gallardo; it's the equivalent to the Ford GT in FM3.

God, the Ford GT in FM3 sounds amazing.

Gonna be real here - they were cool additions, but I never really found them that vital, and often times only sold them. Plus...it did kind of inflate the car list ala duplicate models in GT4-6.

I loved the Fortune '98 Supra and Hennessy Venom in the original Forza, had plenty of fun with them. I've learned to be okay with "duplicate" cars so long as they're unique, i.e. aesthetics and power. Now, if it were the same two cars but one has an exclusive trim level? No thank you.

What's interesting is that many of these brands are already licensed in the game as "official" stickers you can apply to your vehicle.

Because those stickers date back to FM2, where you were given the option to choose your tire brand. See around the 1:10-ish mark of this video

And now I want to find a copy of FM2, I lost mine ages ago.

I know it's not likely but imagine if all the Forza Motorsport games enter the backwards compatibility program when Xbox Series X launches? BC will require no work from the devs now.

"Our commitment to compatibility means existing Xbox One games, including backward-compatible Xbox 360 and original Xbox games, look and play better than ever before. Your favorite games, including titles in Xbox Game Pass, benefit from steadier framerates, faster load times and improved resolution and visual fidelity – all with no developer work required"

Link: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/what-you-can-expect-next-generation-gaming/

Thoughts on the Winter season so far:

• The Supervan is great, though it'd be 100x better if it had the original F1 engine note.
  • The default tune for it, though, is God-awful.
  • The Trial is pretty fun. Multiplayer racing in the GRC cars is pretty great, and a good challenge if you consider yourself a skilled driver. Kinda wish the Division system was present in FH4 because of it.
  • Whoever chose the Speed Trap and Super Jump this week is an absolutely evil individual.

gotta say the new vulcan is not too bad. kinda perfer it over the normal vulcan. but i do wish that we got the Valhalla instead. but seeing there is a new bond film out in april and the valhalla will be in it... would u guys think it will be added as a way to tie in no time to die?

Last edited:
I know it's not likely but imagine if all the Forza Motorsport games enter the backwards compatibility program when Xbox Series X launches? BC will require no work from the devs now.

"Our commitment to compatibility means existing Xbox One games, including backward-compatible Xbox 360 and original Xbox games, look and play better than ever before. Your favorite games, including titles in Xbox Game Pass, benefit from steadier framerates, faster load times and improved resolution and visual fidelity – all with no developer work required"

Link: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/what-you-can-expect-next-generation-gaming/
There wouldn't be any additional original Xbox or 360 titles released by BC program, AFAIK. FM5/6 and FH2 could get upgrade. This could be the case if they made some kind of buildin emulator

There wouldn't be any additional original Xbox or 360 titles released by BC program,
We don't know whether the program will be resumed after Series X is released. If you only talked about Forza games, then you are probably right, since license did run out and renewing them doesn't make business sense imo

Latest Posts

Back