Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Fascinated by the view as I was scrolling, and then I realised why... that's my house! :D

Screenshot_20200318-165113_Instagram-01.jpeg

Quite a bit of creative license taken with the beach, but the grass opposite isn't too far from Horizon reality.

They've done a great job with the Napier Railton (only nitpick would be the lights they've added). The rough, weathered and once polished finish on the bodywork is amazing, the engine sounds great... but you better be alert to what's going on around you, because it doesn't stop (as it should with only rear brakes)

VXR
Turbocharge the 2CV and you'll hear one of the most over the top BOV sounds I've heard in Forza. Add the sport carb and exhaust with it for good measure.

Only 80hp but just over 100 lb ft of torque. Kept it on stock suspension and tyres for maximum Tin Snail cornering.
I maxed out a 2CV and kept it front wheel drive, it’s a wheelspin monster does a burnout up until 6th gear.

I have to wonder about the licensing of a car like the Napier-Railton. Who even owns the rights to a car like that??? I am just so impressed that we have this car.
It is a racing vehicle, so presumably the current owner would be the one the holds the rights to it. I would imagine licensing is a bit less sticky when one off machines are involved, especially ones as old as that one.

My short experience with the Napier-Railton so far:

1. Give it Vintage Racing Tyres, and slightly increase the tire width on the rear wheels, because 1500+ ft/lbs. aircraft engine.
  2. Take it out of the Main Horizon Hub on the downhill straight to hit the speed trap
  3. Hit 140+ on speedtrap
  4. Get to the Junction at the bottom of the hill, doing about 170, apply brakes and starts to turn in
  5. Spin wildly onto someone's farmland
  6. Go back to the autoshow, notice that the car physically has no front brakes. Also notice that the cars default brake bias is set 100% to the rear
  7. SurprisedPikachu.gif
I didn't get a chance to check this, but I'm curious if the brake upgrades "add" front brakes. In any case, this car is both surprisingly agile and absolutely undriveable, all at the same time.

Edit: Actually, funnily enough, the Napier-Railton is bugged. It actually has a 100% "front" brake bias in the tune settings, but that actually locks up the rear brakes. I really hope this is a bug specific to the N-R, because if not, I have a very large number of tunes that are very wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah it's an insane car to handle. On top of that, it was raining when I first drove it.
Funny. The same thing to me when I obtained the Napier-Railton too. :eek:

I have to say, this car is like a demon on wheels. If you're not careful, it will try to kill you. :lol: I love this thing but fear it at the same time haha. But the sound and mastering it is what keeps me going. A pure vintage racer with an airplane engine of all things = BEAST! :D

Also I didn't know it just had rear brakes. Oh my gosh imagine driving this thing stock on the Nurburgring in FM8?

Funny. The same thing to me when I obtained the Napier-Railton too. :eek:

I have to say, this car is like a demon on wheels. If you're not careful, it will try to kill you. :lol: I love this thing but fear it at the same time haha. But the sound and mastering it is what keeps me going. A pure vintage racer with an airplane engine of all things = BEAST! :D

Also I didn't know it just had rear brakes. Oh my gosh imagine driving this thing stock on the Nurburgring in FM8?

Yeah, takes forever to slow the car down lol. Getting a clean lap on the Nurburgring will definitely be a challenge.

I drove my completely stock Napier-Railton in the Goliath last night. It was a handful around Ambleside to say the least. I managed to win, but I was pursued by two Alfa P3s that dogged me the entire way with their better handling and brakes. It was incredibly fun.

I drove my completely stock Napier-Railton in the Goliath last night. It was a handful around Ambleside to say the least. I managed to win, but I was pursued by two Alfa P3s that dogged me the entire way with their better handling and brakes. It was incredibly fun.

I'll have to try that, sounds like a good challenge. What difficulty and settings did you have it on?

Not liking the D class only for the Championship. I made an awesome C tune for the VW Notchback and had to downgrade it!

So, how does the unban stuff work? I'm meant to be unbanned today, but I logged on and I'm still banned. The ingame message clearly stated 3/22/2020 was the unban date. Does that mean today is the last day for the ban and I have to wait until tomorrow?

Latest Posts

Back