Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Worse case scenario is that the update will be delayed by a week to give this event a chance to cool off...

I believe it’s a technical issue causing the delay when they say so. It has happened before, but ultimately they have always managed to meet the playlist deadlines. Let’s see how it goes this time.

It would probably have been made clear if this was another political statement.

Has this got anything to do with covid-19?

Doubtful. Other recent content updates arrived on time despite the pandemic. For a few months the team has been working from home and delivered content.

Unless they're working to Pacific Time on the US west coast, there's still the possibility the update may come during their evening/night. But time is ticking closer to the scheduled season change tomorrow and the lack of news since this morning is increasingly concerning. I've been consistently checking the Forza forums and the main site and nothing.

Not even any patch notes have appeared on the support page.

Now I'm really curious how are they going to handle this issue. Will it have any effect on the ranked online adventure? Will they drop the update in the middle of the backup Summer? If so how will they handle the daily challenges...
At this point I think they should postpone everything for the next week. Do the Forza Monthly on Monday and drop the update next Thursday.
I can wait another week. No big deal.

Back-up Summer, eh? Hopefully that means the #Forzathon shop has the placeholder items like the R34 and Capri FE. The Capri is the ONLY car I'm missing.

Back-up Summer, eh? Hopefully that means the #Forzathon shop has the placeholder items like the R34 and Capri FE. The Capri is the ONLY car I'm missing.
It has already been confirmed that if the season changes without the update being applied, we will see a Festival Playlist with no prize cars present.
Perhaps what they call a "backup summer" is a state of affairs like this.

Forzathon Shop is server based. So a missed update should not effect it, unless the Shop includes a new car from the update.

No worries. I want PG to take the time they need to get S23 working in proper form when it's released. I really hope it wasn't due to them trying to expand our garages because if so, I knew it would've been a problem.

Whatever it is preventing them from releasing S23, I will wait until the issue is solved. I like the fact that they communicated with us about the issue. Not many developers do that most of the time, so cheers to the Forza Team for keeping us up to date. :cheers:

Items in the Forzathon Shop:
2018 MINI John Cooper Works Converible 100 fp
2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera 450 fp
Classic Race Helmet
Skeleton Morph Suit
Wheel spins are still 40 fp for the single and 150 for the triple.

This raises some questions.

Will the current back-up summer season run for a full week even if the update gets fixed before Thursday? If yes, will we then see two summer seasons in a row or will autumn become the new first week of a series going forward? If not, will the weekly rotation change to a new day of the week going forward?

Hard to say which scenario is most likely, but I lean toward a week-long wait. Fine with me anyway.

In the Eliminator I raced a guy in a M-B G63 6x6 which was dropped a month or so ago. So I’m guessing all the cars that were dropped are back.

The lack of update this week, for technical or other reasons, is a grim reminder that one day they will stop for good. I for one I'm very appreciative of their work during these 2 years, and I wish them the best for years to come.

The only difference I can see between now and then, is once they do stop the playlist will most likely stop as it will be irrelevant or it will just loop back on itself.

I am glad they held the update until the issue was resolved, which is more than I can say for some people on other forums.

People elsewhere are going ape**** that an update didn't land on schedule for the first time in nearly 2 years...
Typical... Those people outside this site really do make me sick. Like, SICK to my stomach. :rolleyes:

What makes me more sick is that they only think about themselves, and not PG and everyone else. It's always about them, how annoying.
Just a friendly reminder. Forzathon Shop will change in 24h... Actually less than 20 now.
Ahh sweet! So we should expect the update to land tomorrow maybe? I won't go on until then. Better to stay off once the update comes our way.

The amount of dedication from PG has been excellent for these past two years. Too bad we have babies outside of GTP throwing a fit, as usual when it's not 'their' way......

Ahh sweet! So we should expect the update to land tomorrow maybe? I won't go on until then. Better to stay off once the update comes our way.
I plan on going on tonight when I get home from work and taking care of the daily challenge. I've got a long string of 100% seasonal completions that I don't want to jeopardize.

I plan on going on tonight when I get home from work and taking care of the daily challenge. I've got a long string of 100% seasonal completions that I don't want to jeopardize.
Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. 👍 Maybe I'll do the same, and leave the festival playlist events incomplete until the update falls upon us. That should be the plan for all of us here so nothing happens to our game. We gotta stick together. :)👍

Typical... Those people outside this site really do make me sick. Like, SICK to my stomach. :rolleyes:

What makes me more sick is that they only think about themselves, and not PG and everyone else. It's always about them, how annoying.

Most of them are likely just kids who don’t know how to cope when their short attention spans and instant gratification mentalities are put to the test. They’ll grow up one day, so try not to get too triggered.

It could be. Because after the Summer started the shop had definitely a 7d countdown that changed to 22h a few hours later.

I think you should be safe anyway since dailies are available for 3 days. And since this playlist is clearly a copy of series 12 playlist there's a chance it won't count anyway.

Most of them are likely just kids who don’t know how to cope when their short attention spans and instant gratification mentalities are put to the test. They’ll grow up one day, so try not to get too triggered.

Are you sure about that? Have you SEEN some adults?

Are you sure about that? Have you SEEN some adults?

I’m not entirely sure, hence I said “likely”.

Anyway, it’s constantly being brought up on this forum how other communities generally behave in some sort of inferior manner. It’s getting old and repetitive.

I mean, there are some adults that have a tendency to act such a way as well. Plus, most kids are more matured than most adults, even on the internet.
It could be. Because after the Summer started the shop had definitely a 7d countdown that changed to 22h a few hours later.
Ahhh interesting! If that is the case, than time for us to get excited? :D

The amount of dedication from PG has been excellent for these past two years. Too bad we have babies outside of GTP throwing a fit, as usual when it's not 'their' way......

It's what I love about this site. Racist, sexist, homophobic trash isn't allowed here, and it creates a better community.

Back