Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
It's a little disappointing that there are three cars to be added, but I'm delighted that they're all new models and that this list includes one of my favourite british performance saloons, the Bentley Turbo R.

Those are great additions! The second best looking luxury SUV, the second best looking electric luxury SUV and an old performance Bentley, sign me up :D

Though this would’ve been the perfect update to bring back Rolls Royce... Surely if they could get Toyota back, they can strike another deal with RR? :(

Odd they couldn’t fit another Toyota or Lexus in there. FJ40, RC F, IS F or SC300? It’s been a while now.

Too SUV-heavy for me this update if the riddles were deciphered correctly, but the Bentley Turbo would be great!

Heh, the number of Toyotas added recently has been tiny, right enough!

I'm very interested in this tweet: "You've been asking, and this month we're bringing a change to the way cars reset after a flip, to give you a better chance to recover."

Horizon's attitude of "oh, you landed on your wheels? Well, we're going to take 5 seconds to move you 500m back anyway" was really getting on my nerves

Finally my ritualistic offerings to the sky gods have been answered, extremely looking forward to that Bentley Turbo R.

Also with this upcoming update, based off the leak list it seems like that really brings the newer model road cars down to just the Velociraptor. There’s still a number of newer model year race cars (like that 911 GT3R..) but i suspect most of them are intended for FM, maybe not the off-road ones.

So they're attempting to diffuse a bad situation by...doubling down and sticking with the same approach that led to it...?

II1773Y-473mJYUX82b4jdUjANRy37aSayuEYAvNYBErT_utBgA52xevJGolZ1r1GrS5y4R9J-1rnURM-GxCvsL690Pn6QWm5mVOKu1tQVHl9oTly1StnPVART5453A-M_sVvYyYP4un9-y9qAkdIdydFXhtt0wq8qA

So they're attempting to diffuse a bad situation by...doubling down and sticking with the same approach that led to it...?

II1773Y-473mJYUX82b4jdUjANRy37aSayuEYAvNYBErT_utBgA52xevJGolZ1r1GrS5y4R9J-1rnURM-GxCvsL690Pn6QWm5mVOKu1tQVHl9oTly1StnPVART5453A-M_sVvYyYP4un9-y9qAkdIdydFXhtt0wq8qA
I think the statement is more in the lines of clarifying some misconceptions about the policy, for example they’re clearing up that you won’t get autobanned for a certain livery. That’s the best way I can explain it without getting into political banter.

At the moment there is so much hate for not only the banning but for the game, too. Many attribute this situation to the game being supported („Being a game-as-a-Service game, it was bound to happen“). Every new car is hated („Who wants that stupid old Bentley“) and some even compare a 1973 Porsche to a 1993 one that they are the same cars but fillers to make a bigger car list. I don’t unterstand it atm to be honest

Anyone else spending the winter season in Australia? Considering it’s winter here in real life and grey and gloomy the glorious sunshine of Horizon 3 has really been a mood lifter over the last few days.

Just don't do dumb ****, use common sense and you won't get banned?

Those are fair rules that all should go by, but even then some people will accidentally break a rule without realising (more likely designers and painters) and aren’t given a chance to rectify it before been banned.

Transparency is the key in my opinion, plus a grace period if something is flagged up to give the player a chance to remove it without punishment with even recommendations on how to make it more appropriate.

Wishful thinking anyway. :)

Those are fair rules that all should go by, but even then some people will accidentally break a rule without realising (more likely designers and painters) and aren’t given a chance to rectify it before been banned.

Transparency is the key in my opinion, plus a grace period if something is flagged up to give the player a chance to remove it without punishment with even recommendations on how to make it more appropriate.

Agreed.
Especially when it comes to discriminatory content and obscene slang, the standard is based on those in the West, especially in North America, some of which are completely unknown to players in other regions.
Therefore, it is quite possible to use such content unintentionally and get banned.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with punishing hate symbols that are recognized outside of the West such as Hakenkreuz, or something as directly obscene as a penis and nude tits, under the current rules.
However, in the case of ambiguous ones, it is better to provide warnings about the grace period and which content could be banned and encourage users to modify or remove it.
The current rules make it difficult for punished players to learn why they were punished, which can lead to distrust and fear of PG. And the risk of sharing the same content again.

*Of course, I understand that these things are very difficult to do.

Yes, I agree. Auto-modding is a reality of modern life, where content publishers are being held accountable for the actions of millions of content creators. But it should lead to a side-queue of discussions, rather than simply banning the creator. Unfortunately, anything requiring human interaction costs money, so that's not great for the publisher. However, it should be possible to auto-mod something, notify the creator that their creation is in breach of the rules, register an infraction, and then allow the creator to figure out what the problem was.

I'll admit, I had to read the release 3 times before I figured out what on earth was going on with it. It felt like too many lawyers had been involved.

Accidentally discovered an exploit last night when playing with a mate.

So my mate was still in the Spring season while it was Winter for me, because he only recently started playing and hadn't completed the qualifications to progress to the next season. Because I was in his session, it was also Spring for me, so I decided to do two Seasonal events from the (at the time) Winter Playlist: a Speed Zone and Speed Trap event. I completed them as per normal, and got the prizes (which were a Super Wheelspin for each event). He then got disconnected from the game (happens frequently when I play with him, so probably a dodgy connection), and I was able to join a new session that he found. It seemed that the two events that I completed hadn't been marked as complete, so I just did them again (and got the prizes again too).

I was able to do this about four times and get eight Super Wheelspins cause of the dodgy connection :lol:

Well, everyone on Twitter are complaining about the unfair bans, especially on Forza YouTubers. The unfair bans are done by one specific person within Turn 10.

To be fair, the Youtubers and their followers are doing most of the complaining. Most painters would just like a) clearer guidelines on what is and isn't allowed and b) a better ban policy, with the abolishment of storefront wipes on the first ban and/or the chance to take down content in violation of the TOS before punitive actions are taken.

And I have a feeling this entire debacle has been blow out of proportion because, y'know - a drama-filled video is content.

So, I see AR12, whom I dislike complaining about bans and within the first 10 seconds my ears are assaulted. As far as I'm concerned there doesn't appear to be anyone I particularly care about getting banned.

It does seem to be a bit overzealous in some cases and as if someone doesn't want to deal with all of this and having to answer for why prominent YouTubers have been banned. I know there has been a recent calling to fire NitroGlitter over this too, but I'm not sure how fair that is or how much involvement she has other than the Discord.

It all seems too political to me and if it wasn't for the new cars, I would have checked out on Forza a long time ago.

Things haven't been the same since Brian left.

So, I see AR12, whom I dislike complaining about bans and within the first 10 seconds my ears are assaulted. As far as I'm concerned there doesn't appear to be anyone I particularly care about getting banned.

It does seem to be a bit overzealous in some cases and as if someone doesn't want to deal with all of this and having to answer for why prominent YouTubers have been banned. I know there has been a recent calling to fire NitroGlitter over this too, but I'm not sure how fair that is or how much involvement she has other than the Discord.

It all seems too political to me and if it wasn't for the new cars, I would have checked out on Forza a long time ago.

Things haven't been the same since Brian left.
Things haven't been the same since RetroKrystal and DaCoPilot left as well.

Back