Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Random fact of the day: the Morris Mini-Traveller and the Minor Traveler have near-identical shortnames used in menus:

The Mini Traveller is called the Morris Traveller, while the Minor Traveler is called the Morris Traveler. Hence the difference in number of L's. :sly:

Sidenote: why is the Mini in the Vans & Utility Division but the Minor is in the Cult Cars division? They're dang near the same! :confused:

why is the Mini in the Vans & Utility Division but the Minor is in the Cult Cars division? They're dang near the same! :confused:
It would almost make sense if it were the other way around, since the Morris is RWD (and therefore would share something with all the other vans and utilities) and the Mini is FWD.

The new business was fun to complete. I 3-starred it all and finished enough for tonight to get both Mini's. I could continue and grab the Charger and Bus and throw them on the Auction House.

It's great to drive the Maserati MC12 Corsa in a Forza game again. I really don't like the choice of track for it in rivals though. I really dislike it when Turn 10 has faster cars placed on short tracks like this. I have no room to flex its power out and it just feels held back. Greendale club circuit is fun for slower cars, but in the future; keep hypercars and track monsters out of it.

Sidenote: why is the Mini in the Vans & Utility Division but the Minor is in the Cult Cars division? They're dang near the same! :confused:
It's the same strange choices for the other mini. I thought the cabrio would be in super hot hatch (like Audi S1) but it is in hot hatch (still comprehensive though), the countryman in super SUV instead of offroad (I don't understand this one) and the buggy to be in extreme offroad (even if the name suggest buggies, in which it is)

Just checked my Agera RS which has every skill perk unlocked now it doesn’t have it should I try and re unlock them or wait?

Starting from yesterday morning it was possible to find Apollo I.E. at auction, they go off like rockets from a user who is having fun selling them. I luckily got to get one!

Obviously I only drive it offline until it is released.

So cars people weren't supposed to have anyway and had to hack the game to get, I see no problem there.

Those people that bought them on the AH, unless they were living under a rock knew those cars were not legitimate.
Sadly, i ended having to add them to K' database because it was available through AH, this because Turn 10 didn't filter those cars. I'll hide them.

The new business was fun to complete. I 3-starred it all and finished enough for tonight to get both Mini's.
I didn't have a lot of time last night, but I at least gave the new stories a run through, managed to three-star three of the challenges without trying. I don't know why people are so down on the VA doing the voice of the German insurer. I thought his performance was hilarious.
Didn't we already have a Weekly Forzathon for the Morgan? I think it was a few months ago.
We obviously didn't complete it Morgan enough. We have to be more Morgan this time, or it's Morganhog Day over and over for us.

2720391f-318f-4b8b-9b54-0cfbe83abf70.PNG
I think I'm starved of Forza content. Ineedalife

While we wait for news on the second expansion, who here would like a racetrack added to the map? The idea of leave your country house, drive your supercar to the local track and have a track day?

@Populuxe Cowboy the way I see it, if you buy cars from the AH the trade-off for the low prices is exactly the risk of it coming without its perks, since previous owners can otherwise only add value to used cars by painting them/finding good paints for them or by tuning them - even if you then delete their tune, you still get the parts they used which saves you even more money. The risk of used up perks is literally the only downside to buying a used car.

Then there's the fact that there are very few instances where buying a car for full price then redeeming the cash bonus is cheaper than buying the car at its minimum buyout on the AH and not getting the cash with it, and that's even ignoring putting in minimum bids which are even lower. The cars where that's true are very unpopular on the AH, too, so your odds of being able to win one with a bid lower than the buyout are pretty good.

That's fine by me. My issue there is with so many cars being locked away and impossible to get by any other means besides the AH. All cars should available to purchase. I would be fine with Forza Editions being special in that regard, but everything else should be available. Then you have the choice of buying new or, as you said, buying used and taking your chances.

Case in point, the Ford Crown Vic. It's just another car, but it's popular due to the police connection and so PG decided to make it a unicorn.
While we wait for news on the second expansion, who here would like a racetrack added to the map? The idea of leave your country house, drive your supercar to the local track and have a track day?
I don't know about a real-world track, but to have the "local club track up the road" would be cool. There could be a whole Horizon story around it... Rising up the ranks and becoming track owner. Could be cool for forzathon/seasonal events as well.

So from that tweet, it's clear all cars perks are totally lost and will not return. Instead, in about a month, you will get the points back. Gee, thanks Playground Games for wiping out nearly 50 fully perked cars of mine. :rolleyes:

It's really that big of a deal? It's not like skill points are exactly hard to get...

The frustration is there, I'm sure you understand that. Also, one of the perks is 25 pts alone, times that by 50 cars. Since I am trying to get those Forza Hub points as well (50 perked cars), starting from scratch is a big deal. Kudos if it doesn't bother you...

The frustration is there, I'm sure you understand that. Also, one of the perks is 25 pts alone, times that by 50 cars. Since I am trying to get those Forza Hub points as well (50 perked cars), starting from scratch is a big deal. Kudos if it doesn't bother you...

I see it on the bright side, you'll get a second chance at a bunch more credits, influence and wheelspins as well as a second copy of the FE cars. I think I've only fully perked a single car, maybe 2 at best... I'm personally not really bothered by it, I tend to take that kind of stuff slowly.

I just downloaded the update, checked several of my cars, and all of them still have their perks.

Despite downloading the Series 9 update earlier this week, I never booted the game, so it looks like that prevented any loss.

I think I still have my perks enabled for my cars. I remembered getting the Extra Life perk for my S7 and still worked.

So from that tweet, it's clear all cars perks are totally lost and will not return. Instead, in about a month, you will get the points back. Gee, thanks Playground Games for wiping out nearly 50 fully perked cars of mine. :rolleyes:

I didn't get that impression at all. It sounds like they are going to just be refunding the equivalent skill points earned back to everyone, at which point you can presumably just manually re-spend those points on the perks you had before.

They are probably doing this because they have a general server-side log of skill point XP earned by everyone - thus can calculate how many skill points affected players have earned - but the unlocked perks and stuff all must be saved locally, and thus can't be restored on their end.

And because they presumably also didn't recoup any perks for credits or FE cars, you can probably double-up on all of those credits and cars again.

It's a bummer when bugs like these happen, but I think their handling of the situation has been as good as it could be.

I didn't get that impression at all. It sounds like they are going to just be refunding the equivalent skill points earned back to everyone, at which point you can presumably just manually re-spend those points on the perks you had before.

In that case, players who didn't update while the bug was in effect would then receive a myriad of surplus points. Hopefully they can filter affected accounts from unaffected accounts.

I see it on the bright side, you'll get a second chance at a bunch more credits, influence and wheelspins as well as a second copy of the FE cars. I think I've only fully perked a single car, maybe 2 at best... I'm personally not really bothered by it, I tend to take that kind of stuff slowly.

Plus if this bug affected me (I haven't checked since the update), I can actually redistribute points to the 25% or so of cars that I actually use regularly.

Back