Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
But, I'm guessing that RAESR Tachyon may be added to the mix.
That's because, given the amount of negative feedback from some players on this month's update, they might take that player demographic - "the supercar fanboys" - into consideration.

Counter-argument; It's probable that updates like these are planned well in advance. Remember when PG were talking about a Rally themed update last year, which we know now was Update 22. We have no idea of knowing, but maybe the cars were locked in back then (roughly).

So I don't think they'll be able to react to negative feedback from Update 22 since everything is planned in advance, hence why I think the Tachyon is a reach.

Counter-argument; It's probable that updates like these are planned well in advance. Remember when PG were talking about a Rally themed update last year, which we know now was Update 22. We have no idea of knowing, but maybe the cars were locked in back then (roughly).

So I don't think they'll be able to react to negative feedback from Update 22 since everything is planned in advance, hence why I think the Tachyon is a reach.
Agreed. I don't think they're particularly "offended" by feedback on something as insignificant as the grouping of their cars in updates.

They do respond to community feedback in terms of car requests (particularly returning ones), but I don't think they'd really adjust the order in which they're released since they're already planned and will be coming one way or another.

@willbsn13 there were many themed updates in the past that featured one or more outsiders.
Series 7: RTR cars but also the Elise, BMW Z4...
Series 9: Mini theme but also the Apollo IE
Series 13: Porsche cars but also the Zerouno
Series 17: Renault cars but also the Supra
Nothing unusual for some non Toyota car to appear in a Toyota themed update.

@willbsn13 there were many themed updates in the past that featured one or more outsiders.
Series 7: RTR cars but also the Elise, BMW Z4...
Series 9: Mini theme but also the Apollo IE
Series 13: Porsche cars but also the Zerouno
Series 17: Renault cars but also the Supra
Nothing unusual for some non Toyota car to appear in a Toyota themed update.

I was more answering the point of @WanganDream who was saying the Tachyon was likely due to negative feedback from Update 22.

You're right, it is possible for sure, I even said that in my initial post. But it isn't going to change my mind, and I felt similarly for those updates you mentioned (although a couple of those we got more than just one other car other than the Theme of the update)

Agreed. I don't think they're particularly "offended" by feedback on something as insignificant as the grouping of their cars in updates.

They do respond to community feedback in terms of car requests (particularly returning ones), but I don't think they'd really adjust the order in which they're released since they're already planned and will be coming one way or another.

For sure, I think PG just want to try please almost everyone, eventually. If you're a fan of a specific car type or brand, they'll get to you at some point (or atleast they'll try) but obviously they can't do that every month. In doing so will cause some backlash, but they can obviously deal with that and have been doing for years. It isn't going to change what's been planned.

I was more answering the point of @WanganDream who was saying the Tachyon was likely due to negative feedback from Update 22.

You're right, it is possible for sure, I even said that in my initial post. But it isn't going to change my mind, and I felt similarly for those updates you mentioned (although a couple of those we got more than just one other car other than the Theme of the update)
I know. That is why I didn't quoted that message. I just found out after checking the previous updates that we had many themed updates. I totally forgot it.

I was thinking maybe the 7-200 had something to do with the Evo 7 that was leaked from a badge file, but for the life of me I can't find any connection to 200 (besides the GT-A having 200kW of power, though it seems unlikely they'd model an automatic Evo). Maybe they only imported 200 to the UK?

I'd love the FJ Cruiser to return!

On a random note, what would be your ideal car pack for Toyota/Lexus be? 7 cars max, only featuring cars not in the game of course. Curious to see what people would be after in terms of new to Forza Toyotas/Lexus and stuff from FM4/360 era too.
A bit late here, but still

2018 Toyota Century GRMN
2020 Toyota Yaris GR
1992 Toyota Aristo Twin Turbo
2000 Toyota Origin
2018 Toyota MARK X GRMN
2019 Toyota apr GR Sports Prius PHV GT300
2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO

On a random note, what would be your ideal car pack for Toyota/Lexus be? 7 cars max, only featuring cars not in the game of course. Curious to see what people would be after in terms of new to Forza Toyotas/Lexus and stuff from FM4/360 era too.
Toyota Celica Supra (A40/A50)

Toyota 1600GT (RT55)

Hino Contessa 900 Sprint

Toyota Century GRMN

Toyota Crown coupe (MS75)

Toyota Stout 1900 pickup

Toyota Sports 800

My ideal Toyota pack would be based on Toyotas, Lexus and other such vehicles in GT Sport that aren't in Forza Horizon 4 yet. (And plus I'll have to suggest more than seven cars for this one.)

• 2020 Toyota GR Supra RZ (improved variant) - Modern Sports Cars
  • 2019 Toyota GR Supra RZ - Modern Sports Cars
  • 2019 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro - Offroad
  • 2017 Lexus LC 500 - GT Cars
  • 2016 Toyota 86 "Limited" - Modern Sports Cars
  • 2016 Toyota 86 GRMN - Modern Sports Cars
  • 2016 Toyota S-FR Racing Concept - Track Toys
  • 2015 Lexus RC F (returning car) - GT Cars
  • 2015 Toyota S-FR - Modern Sports Cars
  • 2013 Toyota Crown Athlete G - Super Saloons
  • 2002 Daihatsu Copen Active Top - Cult Cars (?)
  • 1997 Toyota MR2 GT-S - Retro Sports Cars
  • 1988 Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A - Retro Sports Cars
  • 1983 Toyota Corolla Levin GT-Apex - Retro Sports Cars
  • 1965 Toyota Sports 800 - Classic Sports Cars

What the hell, add the iQ in there, too :lol:
910.jpg

It's not exactly iQ, but I've been hoping for Aston Martin Cygnet to return to Forza for some time now.
With the addition of a widebody kit for the Cygnet V8 and a swap option for the V8 engine, this car would be my favorite Aston Martin after the One-77.

View attachment 924718
It's not exactly iQ, but I've been hoping for Aston Martin Cygnet to return to Forza for some time now.
With the addition of a widebody kit for the Cygnet V8 and a swap option for the V8 engine, this car would be my favorite Aston Martin after the One-77.

I kinda miss these little cars from FM4. Part of me wants Forza to go back to the formula of starting with a car like this and working your way and part of it wants to keep it where it is and I can use whatever car I want.

View attachment 924718
This would be a hell of a fun car. I saw the V8 Cygnet at Goodwood in 2018 and loved how bonkers it was.

Forgot about the Cygnet. I think what I’ll be doing is I’m gonna start selling my old cars that I don’t use and ones that could be bought in the auto show since it doesn’t seem like they’re gonna add 1,000 spaces to the garage. Since I’m running out of duplicate cars to sell and I don’t want to start selling the cars you can’t buy.

Adding some old exclusive cars to the auto show would also be one way to solve the garage space problem.
I have owned all the exclusive cars except the Cougar, but to be clear some of them are unwanted cars and I keep them just because they are "exclusive and hard to reacquire".

If these cars are added to the auto show, I'll be able to give them away and get garage space for a few dozen cars instead.

Forgot about the Cygnet. I think what I’ll be doing is I’m gonna start selling my old cars that I don’t use and ones that could be bought in the auto show since it doesn’t seem like they’re gonna add 1,000 spaces to the garage. Since I’m running out of duplicate cars to sell and I don’t want to start selling the cars you can’t buy.
I have all obtainable cars in my garage and only one dupe of the A80 Supra. I wanted two different builds based on the ones in the F&F movies :)

My Peugeot is broken. The rear window heater disappear when I'm driving it and can only see it in photo mode. :(
The Pulsar however is just perfect. Thanks PG. Best week ever! 👍

My Peugeot is broken. The rear window heater disappear when I'm driving it and can only see it in photo mode. :(
I don't have this problem on PC, even if i reduce the window to a fraction of my deskktop screen. Could it be related to some graphic settings ?
upload_2020-5-28_18-4-16.png

The valve cover should be red, not silver. Car's ruined, game unplayable etc etc... :P Although given the SR20's tendencies to cease to function as an engine, it's likely the car they modeled didn't have its original engine. It's also pretty funny that you can swap the S15's SR20 into it, and despite the two being the same engine, the S15 engine weighs 100lbs more than the Pulsar's.

I don't have this problem on PC, even if i reduce the window to a fraction of my deskktop screen. Could it be related to some graphic settings ?
View attachment 924939
It'll almost certainly be because of the LOD1 model which is used in gameplay on console, and lower graphics settings on PC.

Photomode and PC with high settings both show the LOD0 model which won't have this issue.

Back