Forza Horizon 4: The Blueprint/Race Creator Thread!

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 157 comments
Looking at the map we got about 100 Race locations, which gives us 100 possible starting points. That sounds nice

Yes I just noticed as well, you can only start at the Horizon festival starting points (which IMO is fine, you get the nice grand stands with audience as well that way) and you can save up to 5 routes per each location. During the video that pop-up message about maximum 5 routes is only for that particular location. So if there are 100 starting points like you say, then you can maximum have 500 routes.

The 40 miles (=64 km) limit in length is massive as well! I don't think I will ever reach that cap unless deliberately wanting to create a race just to do that. :)

Absolutely stoked about this feature! And kudos to the team for making is so intuitive! Creating the racing line as you drive, setting the flags every time you want and undoing changes simply by using the rewind feature is absolutely brilliant! It completely has the integrated feel of the Horizon UI and not something bulky and messy that was woven on top of it.

So excited!!! Only 15 hours left now if I don't want to mess with my XBox time zone (which I probably won't do).

edit - I wonder if we can do routes at the street race starting points as well, and then with the smoke lights as check points instead of flags, ;)

Last edited:
I watched the video but I'm still left wondering how accurate you can really be, I mean could you recreate the Monza layout for example? A newb question since I've never played FH before.

Definitely want to create some sort of 'Evo Triangle' type affair for testing handling of different cars.

Thought I'd bump this since the Route Creator is out!!

I've been super busy and haven't been able to play the game much lately but just made my first route, it's very intuitive.

One of the best features added to Forza in a long time. Can't wait to start making my custom campaign with it!

Alos can't wait to see what you guys all come up with, should be fun!

Start : Coastal Rush Cross Country
Event Name : Import Xtreme Racer
Course style : 100% Tarmac / Point to Point

It is an high-speed layout that runs on the highway at about 16 km. This route respects Tokyo Xtreme Racer.

*Because I don't yet know how to make multiple events with the same route, Japanese cars and some Porsche 911 can participate in this event.

Since my internet is rather slow so I won't be able to try the route creator until tomorrow I drew my Ultimate route with GIMP.

The Gambler. A mix of everything and taking advantage of the 40 mile limit. Not sure how long 40 miles is on the map but the plan is to follow the route I drew until I hit that 40 mile mark. Starting location is the Same location as the first Rally race in the prologue.

1Y5kJxy.jpg

I plan on making a Gambler 500 Blueprint. Based on a real world event of the same name that is a mostly off-road endurance race, the catch is you can't spend more then $500 on the car, Just like the 24 hours of Lemons event. Can't exactly buy $500 junkers in Forza so the Blueprint will Limit PI to 500, AKA D-Class.

Since my internet is rather slow so I won't be able to try the route creator until tomorrow I drew my Ultimate route with GIMP.
Ha, nice to see I'm not the only one who's had the idea of digitally scribbling on a map to plan out routes. 👍 This kind of thing could get addictive once enough free time to sit down and think about it is available.

That looks amazing. Honestly this is what we need, something between the 2 mile circuits and the 25 mile or whatever goliath course. 8mi is perfect and those roads are some of my favorite in the game.

This was the obvious route for me, barely a straight patch but a little more open than I'd ideally like (but I guess it fits the A-S2 meta).

PSA, be careful where you place checkpoints as it seems to impact the AI's line. My first attempt they all ploughed wide on the first hairpin up the mountain so I re-did the entire thing and place the checkpoint more strategically, I guess the only way to combat it though is plan your route ahead and don't spend ages trying to be absolutely perfect with the placement as you may end up re-doing it from scratch to get the AI round safe.

Here’s my take on the Goliath circuit.
4BCDC3AD-884B-40FD-8BB1-958DCA0DC0C4.png

As you can see, I’ve tweaked a few old parts and added some new ones. ;)

For starters, The village at the start is more technical, I’ve included a loop at Mortimer Gardens (with a mini loop in the parking lot.) and then diverted through the mountains instead of sticking to the outskirts.

Edinburgh is now properly used with low speed sections and high speeds down some of the tighter roads before heading out along the coastal road.

A speedbreaker chicane is placed outside Bamburgh Castle and at the roundabout, you gotta go around it once before you can continue. :P

Finally a small technical section at Broadway Village and then it’s business as normal all the way to the finish.

A X class 720S PO took just over 15 mins to run one lap around it just for some context. :eek:

So I’m a bit confused.. it said to press the start button for route options but all it has it restart and quit.. how exactly do I save these.

So I’m a bit confused.. it said to press the start button for route options but all it has it restart and quit.. how exactly do I save these.

If you’re making a point to point event, you go there to place the finish line.

To save them, do the course how you like it, then you have to do a test run with drivertars to validate it and also save it.

To share it, use the track in a custom blueprint event and then complete it.

If you’re making a point to point event, you go there to place the finish line.

To save them, do the course how you like it, then you have to do a test run with drivertars to validate it and also save it.

To share it, use the track in a custom blueprint event and then complete it.
Well that’s the thing, going there does nothing other than allowing me to quit or restart, both of which loses my progress. Unless I was just blind and there’s supposed to be some sort of button toggle like X or something.

So, just like seemingly everyone, I've created an even bigger Goliath! I like to call it... the Mega-Goliath. (Sorry, @Vic Reign93, it looks like we had almost the exact same idea at the exact same time!)
Forza Horizon 4 10_23_2018 9_56_54 PM.png

Truth be told, I was a bit disappointed in the original FH4 Goliath's relatively monotonous scenery, which I felt made it boring in comparison to the FH3 Goliath. So I set out to make my own version, which goes from grasslands to a mountaintop to Edinburgh to the beachside to the Festival (no idea why they didn't use it in the vanilla Goliath) to some forest, and then back to the grasslands to finish it all off. You have to be on your game constantly here, which makes it a blast in my opinion.

Of course, it wouldn't be complete without an event. Being that I have a penchant for older racing cars in this game, I've created a 12-lap enduro called the Targa Florio Great Britain. With high-powered cars skating over the road on bias ply/early radial tires for 425 miles, it's a serious test of skill and highly recommended for anyone who's up for having their car control tested for around three straight hours.

If you want to give them a go, my GT is GyroxOpex.

Well that’s the thing, going there does nothing other than allowing me to quit or restart, both of which loses my progress. Unless I was just blind and there’s supposed to be some sort of button toggle like X or something.

Restart, quit, or place finish line are the only route options available when you pause. If you're building a point-2-point track, placing down the finish line finishes the course and brings you to the next step which is doing the test race with drivatars.

Also, as a heads-up, when you're about to create the custom blueprint race after you've tested the course, make sure that the race discipline matches the type of race. If you create a 100% tarmac road race using a start point that normally has a dirt race assigned to it, the game will default your custom course discipline to dirt racing, and you'll earn XP for the dirt racing series, rather than road racing.

So, just like seemingly everyone, I've created an even bigger Goliath! I like to call it... the Mega-Goliath. (Sorry, @Vic Reign93, it looks like we had almost the exact same idea at the exact same time!)
View attachment 775857

Truth be told, I was a bit disappointed in the original FH4 Goliath's relatively monotonous scenery, which I felt made it boring in comparison to the FH3 Goliath. So I set out to make my own version, which goes from grasslands to a mountaintop to Edinburgh to the beachside to the Festival (no idea why they didn't use it in the vanilla Goliath) to some forest, and then back to the grasslands to finish it all off. You have to be on your game constantly here, which makes it a blast in my opinion.

Of course, it wouldn't be complete without an event. Being that I have a penchant for older racing cars in this game, I've created a 12-lap enduro called the Targa Florio Great Britain. With high-powered cars skating over the road on bias ply/early radial tires for 425 miles, it's a serious test of skill and highly recommended for anyone who's up for having their car control tested for around three straight hours.

If you want to give them a go, my GT is GyroxOpex.

So yours runs on the opposite side of the mountains and then crosses over to the outskirt road at the top where’s mine sticks to the outskirts, but then doubles back down the same road as yours.

Then at Edinburgh, you head left and up to the top and head back through the area of multiple roundabouts and then straight down the centre and through that speed zone leading on to the coastal road.

I by contrast head for the lower part of Edinburgh first and past the castle, then double back to the mini roundabouts, through a few more turns and then out via the same speed zone road.

I added a speed breaker chicane outside bamburgh castle, you carried on like normal, same story at the roundabout, I added a loop around it and you carried on like normal. :P

I added a technical section in Broadway village, doesn’t look like you did according to your map, but then you turn off towards the festival, I carry on like normal.

You loop through the festival and then make your way back to the normal goliath route.

While I didn’t include the festival, I DID include a loop at Mortimer Gardens. ;)

So aside from I assume small differences at the starting village, We’ve both done pretty well for ourselves in building what we each think is a better Goliath than normal. :cheers:

And only 0.6 of a mile difference to boot. 👍

My super mega Goliath of death is up to a great start... Already 10 miles in and I've not left Glen Rannoch yet. :lol:

Made an awesome little street circuit, sadly I didn't screenshot the layout. Enjoying this feature already! cannot wait to try some of those monster circuits.

Sorry for the choppiness and odd quality, must of messed up the render

Restart, quit, or place finish line are the only route options available when you pause. If you're building a point-2-point track, placing down the finish line finishes the course and brings you to the next step which is doing the test race with drivatars.

Also, as a heads-up, when you're about to create the custom blueprint race after you've tested the course, make sure that the race discipline matches the type of race. If you create a 100% tarmac road race using a start point that normally has a dirt race assigned to it, the game will default your custom course discipline to dirt racing, and you'll earn XP for the dirt racing series, rather than road racing.
Ok. That’s dandy. Although like I said, the only two options in the start menu is restart and quit, on a point to point selected track. It kept telling me to press start for point-to-point but those are literally the only two options.

Wonder if I ran into some bug.

Edit: got it working sorry for the sass :embarrassed:

Last edited:

Ahh man what a feature!! This is my second take on the Route Creator, and boy it was so much fun. Although I did managed to bug out Alex by having him repeat the first line over and over (sheesh never again!) But yeah, my first Rally Stage is all set. Can't wait to more!

Also, I'm liking everyone's imagination in this thread. Great work! 👍

Note: The first course I made is a Test Track. So it's nothing important. :P

It appears there's a limit on checkpoints as well as on mileage. Dang.

Yep, 31 miles in on the outskirts of Broadway and I couldn't place more checkpoints, rendering the end of the lap useless. Looks like I'll have to plan this differently.

Last edited:
I took a turn at the route creator. The route I created was a little less involving than I had hoped. I didn't save it. I'll try another one tomorrow with a little more variety.

I wanted to make something Halloween themed since it's about that time, so...

lKBR83g.jpg

A not-so-relaxing drive down narrow dirt roads around a foggy lake as it gets darker and darker, until you finally arrive at... well, they didn't really have an actual haunted house so just use your imagination okay? It looks kinda spooky if you think about it!

(Starts at Mortimer Gardens Scramble, or I guess search my name there in the creative hub if you care to see any of the other messes I've made or will soon make)

Back