Forza Horizon 4: The Blueprint/Race Creator Thread!

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 157 comments
Ok track number 2, The Horizon AVUS.

723EB929-75EF-41AE-BE00-1EE772EC16E9.png

It’s the full enchilada too, 12.5 miles and it’s a 4 lap race in Vintage Racers with cars that are 200mph capable (mostly). ;)

The roundabout next to the Juggernuat drag event you pretty much go straight over which adds a little extra challenge to the track.:P

My internet was being extra slow today, but I finally got the update downloaded and tried out the Route Creator.
Made a quick test cross country track to get a feel for the creator, then went to the Mudkicker park to create and Extended Version of the Mudkicker route.

gb0PzYo.jpg

Okay, I'm utterly confused. I just created my first race in the route creator. I created it, test raced it, named it, and saved it, Now I can't find it.

Hello all, i'm putting my track here. It's called Midtown Madness , you can launch it from the closest circuit race from the Scott Monument beauty spot.

Or look it up via my name (SUBMANIAC93) or its name maybe? I dunno how that works exactly.

It's a tricky and twisty track that I made with city/compact cars in mind as a homage of sorts to the game series with the same name. I have blueprints that I don't know if they're viewable or not. One's for a custom list of 50 cars that I think are ideal to drive on it, one's a 30lap enduro (takes about 1h10mins to complete).

Midtown Madness.jpg

Edit: I made a video for those curious.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm utterly confused. I just created my first race in the route creator. I created it, test raced it, named it, and saved it, Now I can't find it.

I have the same problem, it still exists but I can't figure out how to access it. I found it because when I was making my second track, it showed it in the save menu. But I have no idea how to do anything with it.

I recreated one of my favorite races in the GT series, Like The Wind! Can't remember what event I started it from, but you should be able to see it on my Creative Hub.

Also, how the heck can a Focus keep up with a X-Class Zonda R?

I was (sort of) able to create my first route, I had something big in mind (like many others of course) but I've encountered issues with the checkpoints, I eventually reach a point in which I'm not able to add more, and when that happens, I can't even add the finish line, so...plan B.

Instead of a really in depth Grand Tour track, it's...Half a Grand Tour. I wasn't able to continue pass the finish line here, so the south went untouched, but at least I was able to cover most known spots in the north half of the map (shame about Moorhead Wind Farm, was my next stop) and well, I hope you give it a go and like it, since it's not exactly what I had in mind.

It starts right next to Bamburgh Castle and well, it goes around quite a lot, in some parts it can be a bit challenging, and after all it's a 47 km long track which can last for about 30 min. of straight racing. Any feedback is welcome! Hopefully if the editor gets sorted out I will be able to do something bigger, funnier, and better planned.

YCfuws4.jpg

As it turns out, breaking the AI with custom races isn't all that difficult...

Given how almost all of the stock routes are made up of straight-ish lines and relatively easy wide corners, I'm not surprised it has no idea what to do with complex stuff that a human player would find genuinely tricky.

Yeah they can even break with simple 90° turns. And then they start some seemingly infinite respawn loop (which I also experienced myself once somehow. I had to redesign the whole turn to fix it). But at least it's fine for players since they can think.

Forza Horizon 4 2018-10-25 21-31-23.png

1 lap anything goes race that takes about 5 minutes in an S2, with some of the most elaborate chicanes ever using the off/on ramps on the freeway. The winnings are pretty good; 55K+ for one lap. 300K for five.

Forza Horizon 4 10_26_2018 12_52_10 AM.png

A really fun rallycross route I came up with. For such a short track, it goes through some pretty varied and challenging terrain. You start off on the road, and then before you know it you're sailing through some very tight B-roads before blasting onto the beach. This section starts off with a tight, tricky right-hander, then heads through some dunes; this section ends with essentially a midair chicane I like to call the Step-Over, where you essentially have to not only get your line and speed right, but also launch in a way that you rotate the car just slightly in midair for the smoothest possible landing. From there, it's a massive step up into the castle's grounds - the Rise to Glory - where you then cut across at full speed and head for the sheer, 80-foot drop on the other side - the Fall from Grace. If you nail the run through the castle, you'll land perfectly smoothly on the downside of the dune on the other side, which can then really help you get lined up for the short, all-out blast across some extremely rough sand and to a tight braking zone for a 90-degree left-hander. Navigate that, the hairpin that is the next-to-last turn, and the final right-hander back onto the main straight, and there you are!

In fact, it's so fun I made a video of it because words don't really do it justice.

If you want to give it a shot, my name is GyroxOpex :)

Turns out 40 miles isn't nearly long enough for my Madness.

It is a mix surface event, Bit or Tarmac, Bit of Dirt, a little bit of Cross Country. Stage 2 will have a lot more Cross Country in it.
I was much more forgiving with the Checkpoint placement in this to ensure I don't run out of Checkpoints before the 40 mile mark. And there are a few places where I purposely drew the racing line so the AI will cut a few corners. Not recommended for anything higher then A-Class as there is a jump at one point where you will overshot the next turn if you are going too fast.

For the Real Gambler 500 Experiance, bring a 500 PI car.

I'm not bashing, but damn if everyone isn't out to create the incredible race of a bazillion miles.

Anybody into something like, a normal-ish race?

Anybody into something like, a normal-ish race?
There's an area I see on the east coast near Arthur's Seat that looks like it would be a perfect circuit race of about 2-2.5 miles, but there's no pre-existing start gantry. You may look at the map and say "Hey, there's a yellow arrow there, that's a start gantry and it's totally on the map." Sadly, no. The arrow is incorrectly placed. The gantry is just south of that T-intersection, placing it outside the circuit and making it unusable. I call it "Wish I Could Raceway."

There's an area I see on the east coast near Arthur's Seat that looks like it would be a perfect circuit race of about 2-2.5 miles, but there's no pre-existing start gantry. You may look at the map and say "Hey, there's a yellow arrow there, that's a start gantry and it's totally on the map." Sadly, no. The arrow is incorrectly placed. The gantry is just south of that T-intersection, placing it outside the circuit and making it unusable. I call it "Wish I Could Raceway."
Nothing a quick romp through the grass can't fix.
I'm kidding, but I'm also positive there are circuits to be made, particularly ones that aren't simply gigantic for the sake of being gigantic.

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, I had the same idea as most, for a massive race, but it seems like that's the only race most people are thinking of or making so far.

People like giant circuits because it's better for farming and less monotonous than replaying shorter ones over and over.

Shorter circuits aren't really viable right now because the number of laps is fixed upon creation and you can only share ONE custom route per starting location (you can try to share more, and the game will let you, but only the first one you made will be visible to other players).

And because of the way custom routes are presented to the players, where only 10? 15? are delivered in a full search and you cannot search by gamertag or keyword, it means only the popular ones (giant circuits) get any play. I tried searching for the routes in this very thread and could only find two (one actually showed up in Trending, the other I had to hunt down through their gamertag).

That said, nothing's stopping you from making short circuits yourself.

I created a Giant Sprint race because I am trying to re-create the real world Gambler 500 within Forza Horizon 4. The real thing is a 2 day mixed surface Endurance event with $500 cars. With the route creator I can finally create a virtual Gambler 500 using 500 PI cars, Since I haven't had much luck finding a real $500 car to enter in my State's version of the Gambler 500.

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, I had the same idea as most, for a massive race, but it seems like that's the only race most people are thinking of or making so far.
You're not wrong though. It's difficult to find potentially interesting routes in general searching right now because most lists are littered with Goliath-clone money farms, and the ones who do make something different never bother to rename their race to advertise the fact. I imagine that in the next couple weeks, the more interesting stuff will start to filter to the top as the one-and-done CR grinders fade off.

That said, I really do wish we could at least get a preview of the route created when playing other people's courses.

You're not wrong though. It's difficult to find potentially interesting routes in general searching right now because most lists are littered with Goliath-clone money farms, and the ones who do make something different never bother to rename their race to advertise the fact. I imagine that in the next couple weeks, the more interesting stuff will start to filter to the top as the one-and-done CR grinders fade off.

That said, I really do wish we could at least get a preview of the route created when playing other people's courses.
I'm sure the fact that I don't typically ever grind is a factor, it just feels a shame when all that potential goes directly toward grinding instead of having fun.

Click for the Full Size

Event Name: I Dare You || Location: WhiteWater Falls Cross Country || Info

Most of the route has no bugs. But one section that goes under the bridge has a bug. Now is the bug an issue. If you try to go through the checkpoint on the left side it should result in the car not being reset.

Last edited:
I promised some grueling events involving vintage motors... Took me a while to get started with the Route Editor (couldn't download the necessary patch as I didn't have any internet connection in my new home), but here we go. First on the menu is a ~30km loop starting from Ambleside, running along the Derwent Water to Glen Rannoch and back. The checkpoints have been placed strategically to minimize corner cutting.

28-10-2018_03-59-55.png

And this is the first of hopefully several events available on the Targa Ambleside route! A 6-lap marathon open to the Alfa 33, Porsche 917/20, Lola T70, Ford GT40 MkI and MkII, and the Ferrari 330 P4 and 250 LM.

28-10-2018_03-59-56.png

With the limited potential of the route creator, it's really hard to make good tracks, so I decided to make old style road courses instead. They're fast, fairly simple and have some big braking zones, really fun in classic Le Mans cars.

Untitled-1.png
Untitled-2.png

This game's aesthetic works really well with this style of track, between the historic buildings and bush lined roads, it looks pretty good. For example, this is the second track, just ignore the drivatars doing drivatar things.

I have a race at each for early 60s Endurance racers, each race lasting 8-10 minutes.

gosaygoal.png

I have created a circuit for this image. And I found a bug that occurs only with co-op.
Many check points are laid out in the soccer field at this circuit.
And one of them has figure-8 style checkpoint, but I placed these two checkpoints too close.

In single play AI passes this checkpoint correctly. However, in co-op, their processing is simplified, they ignore the correct checkpoint and don't turn figure-8, they go straight ahead.
And they're not penalized and overtake the player.

There are probably not many players who make such a layout. But please be careful.

My first route:
52b5ae56-60c3-4153-addb-508d1a069707.PNG

Event Name: Tour of Edinburgh; Class: Anything Goes; Location: Greendale Super Sprint startline

Tryed to do it as a circuit but hit the checkpoint bug, so I reworked it as a sprint

Does everybody know the AI follow the exact line you take setting the route?

Like if you crash through a wall, the AI's programmed driving line is to crash through that same wall.

I've been trying some routes out, it seems pretty often creators are following the left side of the road, or crashing while setting a route and it causes most AI hiccups that I've seen so far.

Got another race done: Trolley Circuit

It mostly follows the trolley line in Edinburgh and has a little cross section at the start, so be careful when doing multiple laps ;)

Look in my Creative Hub to check it out.

Back