Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,094 comments
Yeah, there's no way Hennessey or anyone else is getting a stock-body Mustang to those sorts of speeds at that power level when their own purpose-built hypercar can't even set a proper record over 300mph with something like 1850hp+. The Veyron was designed to set superlative top speed records, and with 1200hp and some aero updates that 'only' managed 267mph.
I did some further digging--the 1200's predecessor, the Venom 1000, itself a GT500 mod, could only manage about 204.5 MPH with 1000 horsepower. The extra 200 horses might, on paper, only get it to 210 or 220--but it's Forza, where the Venom F5 can get to 300 MPH, so it depends on how much PG is willing to fudge things to get it up there. :P
We do not have the 992 generation GT3 RS in the game, we only have the regular GT3.

I am betting that the new GT3 RS will be the headline car this update since it’s about time.
Aaaaand that's where my eyesight fails me yet again, I coulda sworn the 2022 GT3 that was already in the game was the RS. Dang it, you're probably right. XP I've amended my predictions to account for that.

Last edited:
Some Apex All-Stars predictions;

Festival Playlist:
2018 Audi #1 Audi Sport RS 3 LMS
2022 Hennessey Mustang GT500 "Venom 1200"
2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992)
1963 Shelby Monaco King Cobra
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
2018 Volkswagen #94 VW Motorsport I.D R Pikes Peak

The TCR is there as competition for the MG/Lynk. Hennessey has already potentially leaked. The 911 GT3 RS would be the headliner of the update. The Shelby would make sense to come back, considering how meta relevant it was last game as a road racing machine.

The Toyota 86 is the kind "it's very similar to something we already have but we'll add it anyway" kind of inclusion I've come to expect from PG, just like the 2020 TTRS Coupe from last update. The ID:R is just wishful thinking, it does fit the theme of the update perfectly though.

As for the car pack, this is what I have (even if we get one)

Car Pack:
2022 CUPRA Dark Rebel
2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
2019 McLaren Senna GTR
2024 Pagani Utopia

The CUPRA is the kind of left field pick that I'd expect to see in a car pack from PG, something that isn't massively requested (like the Ginetta from last update) but could surprise you. The Challenger would be a great way to sell this pack tbh, and again fits the theme (as a Hennessey competitor) and is a variation of an existing in game model, which we know PG loves.

The Senna is the "ported from Motorsport and put in a car pack" trend, which I think will continue this month if we get a car pack. The Utopia is a wild guess but hopeful since it's now in The Crew Motorfest.

I don't think we'll see the MC20, I have a feeling it's been lost due to licensing. (Hope I'm wrong on this one!)

To be fair we haven’t gotten any new Stellantis cars other than the Magnum in the car pass and the Charger Redeye Widebody as a Fast X car.

I still feel like there are some licensing issues to iron out as there are so many cars that should’ve been in the game already but aren’t yet.

The extra 200 horses might, on paper, only get it to 210 or 220--but it's Forza, where the Venom F5 can get to 300 MPH, so it depends on how much PG is willing to fudge things to get it up there. :P

Funnily enough, there's already a fudge in place to get the F5 up to that speed. When driving it, there's no accelerated increase in air resistance over 266mph as there is with every other car, and no 300mph soft cap, with the resistance kicking in at 302mph instead and the cap at 313mph. Yes, the laws of Forza physics are altered just for that one car!

To be fair we haven’t gotten any new Stellantis cars other than the Magnum in the car pass and the Charger Redeye Widebody as a Fast X car.

I still feel like there are some licensing issues to iron out as there are so many cars that should’ve been in the game already but aren’t yet.
I think even then, the Dodges we've gotten, and that are already in the game, are mostly from FH4 anyway. They were probably able to keep those from their contacts at Dodge, but to get anything else going they'd have to go to Stellantis, who were still kinda holdin' out on their Italian cars for a while there. Maybe that'll change some day soon (maybe with FH6?) but not right now.

Funnily enough, there's already a fudge in place to get the F5 up to that speed. When driving it, there's no accelerated increase in air resistance over 266mph as there is with every other car, and no 300mph soft cap, with the resistance kicking in at 302mph instead and the cap at 313mph. Yes, the laws of Forza physics are altered just for that one car!
Pffffffft! So there is a sort of hack in place that allows cars that are supposed to get up to 300 miles an hour to actually achieve that speed. Sounds like the kinda work you'd only expect for the Hot Wheels expansion--although to my knowledge there hasn't been a single car released since the F5 that can lay claim to the F5's stock top speed record, so it might actually be possible to implement it again for the Venom 1200 if they decide to spec the car based on what Hennessey says is possible. Who knows?

Last edited:
I honestly thought that supposed top speed was a typo at first. There's no way that thing can actually go 260mph let alone 300, I'll believe it when I see it. It really doesn't help that it's Hennessey we're talking about here.

The 2020 Shelby GT500 can get all the way to 1180hp with upgrades to its original engine and the Hennessey custom paintjob has been replicated by at least 20 painters, if not more... Much like the Exorcist Camaro that came in a year ago or so, what's the point?

Last edited:
MC20 is in GT7 and The Crew Motorfest so I'm not sure licensing is the issue.
The SLR McLaren is in both of these games too, and we all know the situation regarding that vehicle.

Car licensed in game X doesn't necessarily mean Car can be licensed for game Y.

The 2020 Shelby GT500 can get all the way to 1180hp with upgrades to its original engine and the Hennessey custom paintjob has been replicated by at least 20 painters, if not more... Much like the Exorcist Camaro that came in a year ago or so, what's the point?
100% agree, doesn't mean that'll stop PG. An easy way to pad out the car list most likely IMO.

Hennessey: They can use Forza to get free advertising and even more $ in licensing revenue.
PG & Modeling Team: By reusing existing GT500 assets, it is possible to add a "new" car to the game with little effort and cost.

This is probably the reason why there have been so many variant cars in DLC and playlist prizes since FH4.
In order to maintain live service, they had to keep adding new cars at a certain rate.
Based on this premise, variants that allow some use of data from existing models are attractive to them.

There are models like the Huracan that have enthusiastic fans who even want a "Malibu Stacy with new hat''.

Hennessey: They can use Forza to get free advertising and even more $ in licensing revenue.
PG & Modeling Team: By reusing existing GT500 assets, it is possible to add a "new" car to the game with little effort and cost.

This is probably the reason why there have been so many variant cars in DLC and playlist prizes since FH4.
In order to maintain live service, they had to keep adding new cars at a certain rate.
Based on this premise, variants that allow some use of data from existing models are attractive to them.

There are models like the Huracan that have enthusiastic fans who even want a "Malibu Stacy with new hat''.
"It's just the same car!"
"But now he has a rear Wing in Carbon Fibre!"

Honestly, Mustang It's T10/Playground's Nissan Skyline for Polyphony Digital :-D

Heck, look at it this way; just because the Suggestions Hub doesn't put forward a ton of requests for a car doesn't mean it's not being made visible to the live service team in other ways. They probably look at the most popular liveries and the most popular tunes, too; if they see a common real-world inspiration for them (that isn't a race car) then they can safely think "People must really want to have this car in the game if they're using our tuning mechanics and the livery editor to put it in, so let's spread their passion for this car to everyone else by scanning in the real thing and adding it in a future update!"

Besides that, PG can also use the opportunity to push the idea that you, the player, can go even crazier than Hennessey; in the grand scheme of things, Hennessey and DeBerti (and to a lesser extent Donut Media and Saleen) are companies whose actual job it is to essentially make the crazy builds people can push in Forza in real life--within reason of course--which is what makes them such good business and marketing partners. It's the player's job to take what they've done and go absolutely buck-wild with it; the Venom 1200 would make a great drift car with the right tune, but it could also be a real sleeper of a track car, or a cross-country monster. Hennessey only made the build for the sheer audacity potential of a 1200 horsepower Mustang pushing 230 MPH in a straight line (to be realistic, 'cause I know Forza will do its level best to help it go 300 like advertised), but Horizon players can pick up the pieces and build it into something greater, or so PG's logic might go.

But if I know Hennessey car additions--the Exorcist was a Story reward, and the Venom F5 was locked behind either the S2 events or the X-class events in the Hot Wheels expansion, I forget which--they won't want the 1200 in the Playlist. They'll want it in DLC, so it can be presented as extra-special.

Instagram rtrvehicles: 2024 Formula Drift RTR Spec 5-FD Mustangs
Reveal the liveries ( Forza Horizon Logo )

INSTAGRAM RTR VEHICLES - APRIL, 17 - Fórmula Drift Mustang car 2024 - car 3 - Forza Horizon LOGO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418-111651-977.png
    Screenshot_20240418-111651-977.png
    187.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240418-111836-426.png
    Screenshot_20240418-111836-426.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 1
Reading some of the horror stories they post here, I'm almost certain I won the silicon lottery with my FH5 digital downloads... Anyways, no issues on the PC front today and I just claimed the Raptor/Mustang from the messages, but after doing the math I just realized I'm going to miss out on the Gallardo because I was lazy this season... :banghead:

I still think the '23 Civic shows up in the Apex update (unless there's a Japan Month Part 2 down the road)

Also Crew Motorfest arrives on Steam today, which maaaaay give Playground extra incentive to give us some cool stuff.

Last edited:
I'm so happy, the car I most wanted got added to the game
(<--- hint, see my profile picture)

P.S. The trial this week was quite haphazard. 3 people joined in stock Range Rovers, and some of the jumps at A800 can throw you off course so losing positions suddenly was quite feasible. Thankfully my Land Rover got me easy wins and I had just enough support to scrap a 2/1 win against the AI.

.... Despite this one guy in a stock Range Rover finishing so far back that he was DNFed every. single. race..... Apparently No. Shame. Whatsoever. <sigh>

I still think the '23 Civic shows up in the Apex update (unless there's a Japan Month Part 2 down the road)

Also Crew Motorfest arrives on Steam today, which maaaaay give Playground extra incentive to give us some cool stuff.
The Xbox Publisher Sale is going on too, over on Steam. I'd bet good money on this being a strong update to get folks interested in picking the game up--bit like how the Lunar New Year update was timed to coincide with the Lunar New Year sale.

Granted that hasn't stopped 'okay' updates from happening before, but I get the sense PG will only want to bring its best during a big sale.

Latest Posts

Back