Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,303 comments
I have no idea if / how / when Playground makes the decision to just add Formula 1 cars to Horizon but they seem like they'd be a weird fit unless they have some sort of specialized Hermanos Rodriguez track addon or something. There are all kinds of ridiculous cars in the game, sure, but I got the sense they were at least all street legal, or at least street-legal derived / homologated.

There are already quite a few 1930s Grand Prix racers in the game, plus bespoke track cars like the Vulcan and Supervan, and even a (modified) NASCAR stock car now. I don't think there's ever been a deliberate effort to stick purely to road-legal cars or their derivatives, just keeping a space between Horizon and Motorsport when it comes to the car list.

It's also worth considering that these scraps of cars aren't necessarily unfinished Horizon content either, they may be planned for the next Motorsport game.

Horizon 2 has Ruf cars and the Porsche expansion. But the Crew2 is a better example of having both at start.

Edit: They put an Autoshow for the regulars and the Exclusive Celica behind Gold.
FIXCyxjX0AAY3Yj

Hopefully the Story daily will work this time so we can do the Accolade. Fingers crossed.
is it me or did PG became a bit stingy with these rewards? I didn't check each car in FH4 but I don't remember there being an autoshow car as a weekly reward for 50%. And cars from the AI championships were something exclusive IIRC.

is it me or did PG became a bit stingy with these rewards? I didn't check each car in FH4 but I don't remember there being an autoshow car as a weekly reward for 50%. And cars from the AI championships were something exclusive IIRC.
IIRC, the exclusive cars were usually at 80% as well as through the seasonal championships.

Even FH4 at one point had a new exclusive car selected for the 80% prize.
However, due to a lot of negative feedback from the community it was discontinued and replaced with a 50% prize for the season championship or season/series.

Perhaps this change was directed by MS, who wanted to increase the number of unique users in the multiplayer and advertise that there are so many users in the multiplayer of this game.
They must have grown up without their parents reading the fairy tale of the North Wind and the Sun to them.

I've found that the game can be really, really fussy with the resume function. Earlier today I booted the console up and FH5 resumed, to show me that today's Daily - which had started four hours earlier - wasn't going to start for another 20 hours. I shut the game down and started it, and that fixed it.

I've also experienced a complete absence of traffic with resumes, also fixed by rebooting the game.
I've actually noticed issues like this with mostly any game in general. Especially those with online-functionality. Half the time COD can't even reconnect unless I boot the game fresh. In the instances it does connect, there was usually something wrong, like being booted out of a clan in game but actually still being part of the clan.

Festival Playlist wasn’t in Forza Horizon 4 at launch whereas this time round it’s competing with the paid Car Pass.

Once the Car Pass expires I’m sure you’ll see more unique reward cars in the Playlist.

Hey, it helps me out with my collection without spending a lot. I'm still saving up for the AE86 in the AH.

I've been lazy, I need 3 points to get the svj, im in central us, what time does the series update? Hoping I have time to get it when I'm off of work at 3 am.

I've been lazy, I need 3 points to get the svj, im in central us, what time does the series update? Hoping I have time to get it when I'm off of work at 3 am.
14 hours and 23 minutes from now.

So, here's something fun, which I alluded to last week. There's a set of Accolades in the Hall of Fame for beating Unbeatable Drivatars, which all look horribly difficult.

Turns out though that you don't actually need to beat any Unbeatable Drivatars at all. The specific wordings of the Accolades are "Win 10 [X] Races with the Drivatar Difficulty set to Unbeatable", and that doesn't mean you need to beat Unbeatables, just win races while your settings are set as Unbeatable.

So what you do is set Drivatar Difficulty to Unbeatable, and then race in the Seasonal Championships where the Drivatars are forced to Highly Skilled. As your settings are Unbeatable, regardless of what the AI actually is set to, you get a credit towards the Accolade each time you win a race. Race each Seasonal three times and one more race, and you get your ten races. No special tunes, or EventLab cards, or anything. And yes, it really does work that way.

The current set of races will allow you to cross off Road Racing, Cross Country and Dirt Racing, and tomorrow's set adds Street Racing (and Dirt and Cross Country) to complete all four types. Piece of cake.

Last edited:
There are already quite a few 1930s Grand Prix racers in the game, plus bespoke track cars like the Vulcan and Supervan, and even a (modified) NASCAR stock car now. I don't think there's ever been a deliberate effort to stick purely to road-legal cars or their derivatives, just keeping a space between Horizon and Motorsport when it comes to the car list.

It's also worth considering that these scraps of cars aren't necessarily unfinished Horizon content either, they may be planned for the next Motorsport game.
If Playground Games added the 917 LH and 512 S in Horizon 4/5, then they too can add a Matra-Simca MS650.

tat_fortuna_18's actually the TAMO Racemo.

Last edited:
I love playing the Weekly Events. Try to get them all. But now I am so frustrated with the Co-op race. I've done this weeks Hoonigan race maybe 12 - 16 times. No matter what Hoonigan I try it with I always end up last. The AI is just SO unfair. The leaders blast off to an unsurmountable lead, the cars you pass later play dirty on you and run you off the road. Not to mention the idiots on your own team who think it's funny to text and play with their horn, only to give up before halfway. This is the 3rd week in a row that I gave up on the 10 points. It's just not worth the frustration or doing it over and over and over again. This is supposed to be fun??? AM I too old now? I am seriously consider selling my Xbox and games and going GT with Playstation. Sorry kids this ain't fun anymore. :banghead::banghead::ill::ill::ill:

Most of these make sense, with the exception of the
F1 type cars and Yamaha ATV.
The only one I can't figure out is the tat_fortuna_18.
Personally I'm more surprised by the COPO and Pro Stock Camaros. And if we are getting some purpose built factory drag cars I wonder if the Drag Pack Challenger and Cobra Jet Mustang will make an appearance.

I'm normally not big into drag racing in Horizon games, but with some of the crazy HP engine swaps we have now it's pretty fun trying to tune a RWD car to keep up with all the TT Huracan's racing up and down the airstrip. Would be nice to have some proper drag cars to play around with.

If Playground Games added the 917 LH and 512 S in Horizon 4/5, then they too can add a Matra-Simca MS650.

Yeah - those are actually a bit less weird than some of their other racecar choices too, as it seems like until 1975 or so many sports prototypes needed at least temporary road registration for some endurance events, so there are examples of each of those three being technically road-legal at one point.

I love playing the Weekly Events. Try to get them all. But now I am so frustrated with the Co-op race. I've done this weeks Hoonigan race maybe 12 - 16 times. No matter what Hoonigan I try it with I always end up last. The AI is just SO unfair.

The unfortunate thing about the Trial is that it's the only place in the whole game where it's really essential to have the right car and a good tune, made worse by the fact that you need teammates who also have the right car. Everything else generally either scales difficulty (all single-player racing), is easy enough to be completed in unmodified cars (the Tour, many PR Stunts), or only requires participation (Playground Games).

I managed to complete it using the rallycross Focus with widened slick tyres, a fully tuned WRC engine swap for that bit more power, then the downforce maxed out and the gearing lengthened, both critical for the fast, sweeping tracks that are such an awful match for the default tune on most of the gymkhana-focused Hoonigan cars. That mismatch between 'manufacturer' restriction and the courses being used made it a lot worse than normal, especially as the only road-focused eligible car in that high a class is hidden behind an obscure unlock method.

I love playing the Weekly Events. Try to get them all. But now I am so frustrated with the Co-op race. I've done this weeks Hoonigan race maybe 12 - 16 times. No matter what Hoonigan I try it with I always end up last. The AI is just SO unfair. The leaders blast off to an unsurmountable lead, the cars you pass later play dirty on you and run you off the road. Not to mention the idiots on your own team who think it's funny to text and play with their horn, only to give up before halfway. This is the 3rd week in a row that I gave up on the 10 points. It's just not worth the frustration or doing it over and over and over again. This is supposed to be fun??? AM I too old now? I am seriously consider selling my Xbox and games and going GT with Playstation. Sorry kids this ain't fun anymore. :banghead::banghead::ill::ill::ill:

The last two AIs are always easy to beat, so if you're dead last, you might be coming with very sub optimal tune into those events. Without seeing the drive it's hard to give advices but in general - concentrate on your own race in these Trials. Make sure you have a good tune/car combination and try to keep it as fast and clean as you can.

Don't engage in fights with teammates (even if they behave really badly) and try to bring home those 200 points for last AIs.
For this week's Trial I used 2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana Ford Focus RS RX with tune 119 403 231 by Derbrecher94 - quite a few people mentioned afterwards that this car/tune combination helped them a lot.

Ugh, I really find the Festival Playlist so played out at this point. I have absolutely no intention to get 25 points most weeks, let alone 45 this week for the Celica.

I think the Horizon formula has just aged like milk after 5 goes around.

Last edited:
I found and drove the EventLab race for this week's Playlist already (didn't finish it, just in case it borked the event) and it's absolutely terrible.

The PG team said something about how neatly it was laid out and how each checkpoint was visible from the last and how it could be a PG-created race, but no part of that is actually true. It's a hot mess that basically consists of driving up onto the hotels, then down, then doing a loop around the beach (with a confusing crossover that will see a lot of people turn hard right instead of a bit right) and jumping through SUDDENLY BALLOONS before finishing on a straight bit for no reason.

People must not be submitting many for this to make the cut. Perhaps some instructions on how to utilise the rules would help; I've got an event I'd like to create and know is possible as I've seen similar rules in place, but I can't create because the rules make no sense.

There are people here who are struggling too I'm sure, why not try to organize some people to give it a try together? At least then they wouldn't be ramming you off the road while spamming their stupid horns.

There's also the "Looking For Group" feature thing on Xbox, could browse those and look for one about the Trial.

The Unbeatable AI is pretty awful though. It reminds me of the terrible game design for missions in GTA Online where they just infinite spawn bad guys to chase you or artificially boost the accuracy of certain NPCs just to add difficulty. There's good challenging and ******** challenging, and I guess some devs can't tell the difference.

The AI in general are a problem, sometimes they are way too easy, and when they go up in difficulty they often feel unfair as they don't drive better but instead just get cheaty performance boosts. Regardless of the difficulty, they just aren't fun to race with most of the time... But that's hardly a problem exclusive to Horizon, as racing AI just hasn't progressed much lately.

VXR
Ugh, I really find the Festival Playlist so played out at this point. I have absolutely no intention to get 25 points most weeks, let alone 45 this week for the Celica.

I think the formula has just aged like milk after 5 goes around.
Same... I turned it on yesterday to get the 575M but couldn't be bothered to do anything else to get the Trident, and I didn't care about the Lamborghini convertible thing because I'm pretty sure I already have one that has its roof and is therefore much better.

It's funny, I was enjoying the hell out of this game for a bit and just kinda fell off a cliff, now I'm to the point where I barely turn it on... I guess it's a "me problem" though because when I turn the game on and see some reward car that is kinda cool, I feel obligated to try to get it instead of just ignore it and play stuff that is actually fun.

I suggested somewhere earlier in this thread that they need to add a more freeform way to earn the festival point things (I forget what they are called at the moment) to get the exclusive cars. Make the playlist the fastest way to earn them, but also just reward us for playing the game in general, instead of forcing us into generic "break X item Y number of times" or "drive your sports car in rally races against dumb AI that you won't see 30 seconds after the start of the race" or "earn 12 stars doing the same jump you have done 1,000 times before BUT THIS TIME YOU HAVE TO BE IN AN S-CLASS MUSTANG!"

Some of the new rules you can use in EventLab seem like they could inject some creativity, but it's too hard sorting through the mountains of garbage (that are always there in every game with user-made content) to find cool ones though, and even if you do find them you won't earn exclusive cars from playing them anyways. Unfortunately the devs don't really seem that interested in actually making good content themselves and would rather just wait for others to do it... Like the Ford Focus thing from last week, a cute idea that ended up being tedious, but at least it was more creative than the "OMGZORZ DRIVE YOUR REALLY BIG TRUCK THROUGH SOME BOWLING PINS AND ROBOT PINATAS THEN TAKE A JUMP" garbage from before.

Oh well, as long as people are content doing this copy and paste stuff and they have however many million players, then I guess this is what we get.

Last edited:
Horizon Tour is still bugged. All four of mine are marked complete for this Series already, and although I completed all four last Series manually I didn't get the Accolade for it.

Good stuff.

Edit: WTAF, just had the Accolade for completing all four Tours in one Series ping at random in free roam... without doing any Tours yet this Series!

Last edited:
I think Trials count towards it too.
They do, but they have two drawbacks:
  • You still have to beat Unbeatable Drivatars
  • You also have to win the race, beating the humans too

The Seasonal Championship method doesn't have those issues. You just need to be able to beat Highly Skilled Drivatars while your own race settings are on Unbeatable to get the credit.

Last edited:
Back