Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,292 comments
I was lucky enough to complete the Trial on my first attempt, ran the RWB Porsche which handles like a dream and had a team which were really good - we took the first six positions in the first race, and scraped through 1250 Vs 1200 in the second race.

Just got the PGG left to do, what's recommended?
What`s a RWB Porsche?

What`s a RWB Porsche?
Rauh-Welt Begriff. It’s the Hoonigan Porsche. It’s the car I used for the Trial. I gave it a special livery, too.
1F2C299E-3A2A-482A-8981-8AE81F49F85A.png

Last edited:
What`s a RWB Porsche?
An inexplicably Hoonigan-branded car*; you have to unlock it using Skill Points to buy it from the Car Mastery tree of the 1995 Porsche 911 GT2 (and I think it can be sold through the Auction House, so try there if you don't have enough Skill Points).

*It's a Porsche, with an RWB (Rauh Welt Begriff) bodykit, apparently made for, but not by, Hoonigan.

Last edited:
Just managed a very rare 10,950pt Tour - every human beat every AI in every race (thanks largely to one of us who ran interference), with no quitters and nobody screwing up. Managed all of the Tour Accolades too, except the one you can't complete because it requires a car you're not allowed to enter...

An inexplicably Hoonigan-branded car*; you have to unlock it using Skill Points to buy it from the Car Mastery tree of the 1995 Porsche 911 GT2 (and I think it can be sold through the Auction House, so try there if you don't have enough Skill Points).

*It's a Porsche, with an RWB (Rauh Welt Begriff) bodykit, apparently made for, but not by, Hoonigan.
Thanks I`ve forgotten this detail. Grabbed a 1995 GT2 to get the Hoonigan version, been one of my favorites since
they first appeared along with the RS200. But since I had the GT2 in my hands I had to try out some upgrades.
And after some swapping, what a killer I found! Way hotter than the Hoonigan, on level with Seppo Niittymäki`s
rallycross +900hp Porsche from back when rallycross was still untamed.

Saw this circus on Lyngaas near Drammen in the 80`s and still shivers when I think of it :crazy:

can`t stop weatching; this is RACING:

Last edited:
There is a slightly sneaky guide about trials, available only for PC users.

On PC, by lowering the quality setting, fog, sandstorms, and other GPU and memory intensive graphic effects are automatically disabled.
By using this, you can remove the fog in the first round and play as a street race with normal visibility.

I'm ashamed to say that my PC specs are not good enough to play FH5 at its highest quality. As a result, I was able to unintentionally get better visibility this way.

I was not able to take a screenshot during the race, but this image is from the actual first race.

スクリーンショット (10003).png

Lol, I must have been competing with one of your clones when I was able to win my trial as I saw this exact livery on our team.
I haven’t shared this livery yet which means we were actually teammates.

Last edited:
I tried the drift open for the first time yesterday, and while the copious amounts of tire smoke are fun when you're by yourself, it becomes a bit hectic in terms of visibility when there's 12 cars sliding around at the same time.

And now that I have the SVJ and everything else this series, I don't think I can be bothered to suffer through the Trial. Besides, Horizon Tour is basically the same concept but somehow much more enjoyable.

Friendly reminder for all completionists out there to do the following accolade. I think it needs to be done in Series 2 as this seems to be “during the holidays”. And now that we have the Peels, this accolade can finally be done. There are a few more accolades here that talk about “during the new year” which might be during series 3. If you fail to do it now, I’m sure it can be done in a year again but you might not want to wait that long.

To complete this accolade its easiest to start your skill chain outside of the stadion and just drive inside and let it complete in there. The ice rink inside has very limited grip which might result in difficult times to accumulate skill points there. You can do it within 5 seconds then instead of 2 minutes, even with a Peel with no car mastery points spent. 😏

1641232192796.png

Last edited:
Friendly reminder for all completionists out there to do the following accolade. I think it needs to be done in Series 2 as this seems to be “during the holidays”. And now that we have the Peels, this accolade can finally be done. There are a few more accolades here that talk about “during the new year” which might be during series 3. If you fail to do it now, I’m sure it can be done in a year again but you might not want to wait that long.

To complete this accolade its easiest to start your skill chain outside of the stadion and just drive inside and let it complete in there. The ice rink inside has very limited grip which might result in difficult times to accumulate skill points there. You can do it within 5 seconds then instead of 2 minutes, even with a Peel with no car mastery points spent. 😏

View attachment 1103271
You can also drive around the outside of the rink for a bit to get the speed and skills going and then hit the ice. That's how I did it, although I wish I had thought about doing it this way, which is much easier.

Getting a full set of points this week, my first one, seemed much easier week than previous but I may put the trial being easy as had 3 fast folks in with me :) or in the right car with the right tune :)

Last edited:
Quick heads up: '69 Camaro painted in New Year's livery should now be waiting in your inboxes 🎉

View attachment 1103277
Unless I missed one, I think that’s the 4th painted car we’ve been given by the devs right? I got these so far :

Corvette Stingray Coupé (Día de Muertos livery)
918 Spyder (Xbox 20th Anniversary livery)
Viper ACR (Ugly Sweater livery)
Camaro Super Sport Coupe (New Years Eve livery)

I tried the drift open for the first time yesterday, and while the copious amounts of tire smoke are fun when you're by yourself, it becomes a bit hectic in terms of visibility when there's 12 cars sliding around at the same time.
Speaking as someone who regularly does Open Drift, the "trick" is to look ahead of/above the smoke and keep eyes on the road ahead. After a while, you just learn to automatically set yourself up for the next corner(s).

Otherwise, yeah, the new smoke is a bit over the top in drift races. It's especially problematic at night.

Speaking as someone who regularly does Open Drift, the "trick" is to look ahead of/above the smoke and keep eyes on the road ahead. After a while, you just learn to automatically set yourself up for the next corner(s).

Otherwise, yeah, the new smoke is a bit over the top in drift races. It's especially problematic at night.
Alternatively, since it's all points based and track position doesn't matter, you can just wait about 5 seconds for everyone else to go off and then have a nice quiet session. There's usually enough time to get two complete laps in even if you sit a for a moment or two.

Unless I missed one, I think that’s the 4th painted car we’ve been given by the devs right? I got these so far :

I believe you're correct. I love these special livery cars. I always dump the regular one when one with a special livery comes out.

Last edited:
I gave up trying to do the 4×4 speed zone. Luckily I didn't need it to get the Peel Trident and SVJ.

I gave up trying to do the 4×4 speed zone. Luckily I didn't need it to get the Peel Trident and SVJ.
There's a decent tune for the F150 Raptor that will do it - and you can also try going full nads for a mile cross country straight into the southern gate to start off with a huge initial average.

The "Open Empire" Accolade in Online/Horizon Open isn't noted as a bugged item, but... shows zero progress. You need to win 25 Horizon Open events, and I've definitely won six because I have the Accolade for five (Making a Name For Yourself) and just won one just now - though I think I have more than that - but it doesn't show how much progress you've made towards it at all. Which is bothersome.

A stock 2021 Bronco will do it, just needs a runup to the start from the nearby hill, then straight-lining the corners as much as possible. There's a lot of room under the class limit to add more power and/or less weight to make it easier.

You can also drive around the outside of the rink for a bit to get the speed and skills going and then hit the ice. That's how I did it, although I wish I had thought about doing it this way, which is much easier
Additionally, I found that adding snow tires really helped a lot.

Seems perfectly correct 😊

Latest Posts

Back