Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,903 comments
Well I'm going to miss the SF90 as I won't have enough points. Between performance issues that haven't motivated me to play, and annoying controller setup issues with the DualSense (a problem I've never had before) I'll only be able to snag the F8.
You're not missing much, the car isn't exactly a joy to drive :lol:
Also my race seem to have glitched and missed a lap as I have a fastest lap of under a second?
I noticed that, too. It said it was a five lap race but ended after four.
Pretty sure this happens to all custom circuits with no checkpoints.

I was fully expecting the Eventlab race to be horrible, but that was not the case. When I saw that extreme track toys was required, I figured that the stock Ariel Atom (small, light) would be the best choice for close quarters combat, and it was.
Maybe my only complaint is that the race is one lap longer than it needs to be.
X5M FE worked very well for me (mainly because of its acceleration).

The F8 Tributo is sexy and goes hard, but this is the fourth 488 derivative in the game after the GTB, the Challenge Corse, and the Pista. I think we have enough.
47B41BD6-F993-45F9-B9F8-4E7880098737.png

Last edited:
I think all those cars, the 488 GTB, 488 Pista, F8, Challenge, are all different enough to justify their inclusion.

I would also say it's Ferrari's fault for making all their new V8 supercars, of the last decade, all evolutions of the 458 platform. Forza just wants to include the best of what exists, and that just happens to be what Ferrari has been offering.

I think all those cars, the 488 GTB, 488 Pista, F8, Challenge, are all different enough to justify their inclusion.

I would also say it's Ferrari's fault for making all their new V8 supercars, of the last decade, all evolutions of the 458 platform. Forza just wants to include the best of what exists, and that just happens to be what Ferrari has been offering.
I didn't say I didn't like them or want them in the game. I just said I think we have enough now.

(Was a link to Mitchcactus video about his new BS "NFT") - Deleted as I don't want to give him exposure.

He get's scummier and scummier...I dont get how this guy is still going. Or atleast why he still has his YT channel, Considering all it is an advertising avenue for his BS.

Now a lot of the gamebreaking issues have been sorted, I would like to see Microsoft/PG deal with people like this for good.

Last edited:
Just wondering... since like a month or even more my GTP club tag is missing in game, also it does look like Clubs feature is inactive in my game but when I check through Xbox interface I'm a member of GTP club. Any idea how to fix this?
Finally fixed, when this happens you just have to go to any leaderboard (ex. drift zone leaderboard), select one of your club mates (in my case @strela as he's usually close or on the top spots in everything ☺️) and then select "Join Club" (I've already been in GTPlanet Club on XBox but somehow lost it in the game), job done.

Credits:

Yesterday I had my worst gaming day ever since playing Horizon games. Not only did my game started with the intro race (thankfully fixed) but I had 2 additional game breaking bugs. One didn't showed the start button at the beginning and there was no music either just the video. The other simply refused to load the playlist despite being online and seeing other players and restarting the game a few times.
I didn't have any major bugs since December. Now I truly understand the frustration when dealing with bugs. I hate bugs. 😊

The F8 Tributo is sexy and goes hard, but this is the fourth 488 derivative in the game after the GTB, the Challenge Corse, and the Pista. I think we have enough.

Don't forget the J50 too! There are also the two 458s which are basically the same chassis with an older engine, and the SF90 is similar but a hybrid. There are zero versions of the 308 GT4, 308 GTB, 328, or 348, so I fully expect the next new Ferrari added to be something like the SP38 Deborah...

It's a general problem with the game though - there are also six Aventador derivatives, and seven Gallardo / Huracan versions. Meanwhile, there's largely a gap between about 1975 and 1990 for most manufacturers, for example just one Nissan (the R31), or one Mercedes (the 300CE AMG).

I have just done the eventlab and I too didn't think it was that bad. I used a sesto elemento FE and as long as you are patient on the throttle it's good, only downside was all the destructables getting in the way. Also my race seem to have glitched and missed a lap as I have a fastest lap of under a second?

View attachment 1151910
Mine was like that too

It’s probably a prerelease leftover they forgot to change, but the Ram TRX Concept from FH4 is the cover car of the Ram manufacturer car theme.
I'm not sure they ever correct this given that they have a duplicate, hence confusing icon image for a Perk.
It's a day one problem, that i submitted a support ticket for, after seeing it wasn't fixed after my post on the official forum. 4 month later: ticket marked as "solved" but nothing, not even a mention in the Know Issues official list.

My Ticket #336604 :
1653315174466.png

Maybe @ManteoMax has a clue of what is going on with the support service.

Out of all the paint creations I've made since the game released my biggest success is a simple one. I painted my Ferrari FXX a simple Ferrari red, white wheels and yellow brake calipers. I did this on Saturday night. I've just logged on and 205 people have downloaded it. Absolutely bizarre.

Game in the UK have an offer on trade in against Series S until end of May giving an extra £50, so I now have a white Series S (hiding behind the black tv and stand to avoid seeing all that white 😉), traded in my Xbox One X (dont have 4k tv and wanted the faster HD, plus almost entirely digital gaming on xbox due to using the 3years ultimate "trick").

It's so quiet... shhhhh.

The downside is, I started this post while booting up Fh5. On the Xbox One X I would have plenty of time to finish writing. Dont get past 2nd line now 😅

Game in the UK have an offer on trade in against Series S until end of May giving an extra £50, so I now have a white Series S (hiding behind the black tv and stand to avoid seeing all that white 😉), traded in my Xbox One X (dont have 4k tv and wanted the faster HD, plus almost entirely digital gaming on xbox due to using the 3years ultimate "trick").

It's so quiet... shhhhh.

The downside is, I started this post while booting up Fh5. On the Xbox One X I would have plenty of time to finish writing. Dont get past 2nd line now 😅
I'd do the same if Series S would have optical audio out, my current setup is MSI 144Hz gaming screen plus optical audio cable going from Xbox One X to my DAC and then to Harmann Kardon SoundSticks - not doable with Series S :indiff:

Also - I run FH5 from USB3.0 WD Black NVMe therefore loading times are not an issue.

I think in my case One X is a better solution for time being... maybe if something "Pro" will come out halfway through series X/S lifespan having an optical audio out then I'll switch over to the new generation.

This new generation is fast bud. An extra £50 off isn't too bad, happy days.

I've had a Series X since last year. The One X wasn't excessively noisy but the S and X series are so quiet.

So ever since it came out, I’ve driven nothing but the F8 and I’ve absolutely fallen in love with it. I know it’s just a 488 Pista with a different dress, but there’s something about the Tributo that makes it so special and amazing.

The only thing I don’t like about it is the blue interior stitching that PG has modelled, it so doesn’t fit with the red exterior color I have and it’s so annoying that we can’t change it or match it to the body.

I hope the feature that the upcoming 992 GT3 has of matching the exterior color with the interior trim gets added to all cars in the next game, even better if we could choose a different interior trim color.

Seems like such an oversight from PG that this still isn’t a feature, especially when TDU had even more detailed interior options over 10 years ago. It would make car ownership much more special and personal.

Last edited:
Had a surprisingly good team and ended the Trial with ease. And if somebody is wondering as long as you complete the last race in Open you will get the seasonal done. I joined in the middle and it still count. And I like the new M8 a lot. And the new 992 GT3!

Here's a good writeup if anyone would have One X / Series S dilemma:

I have both. The One X is hooked to the 4K TV (LG C1) and the Series S to a gaming 1080p/120 Hz monitor (although I prefer to play at 60 fps).
One year and a half into this "next gen" of console gaming and I'm rather pleased with this arrangement, although my One X is showing signs of giving up the ghost sooner rather than later (It is really noisy now and the connection with the wireless devices has become spotty, specially with the headphones).
I will only replace it with a Series X until there is a game or games that truly feel to me like a generational leap, and I'm hoping its the next FM.

I'm not normally a BMW fan but I'm liking this new car. I struggled with the Trial, got put with a right bunch of Muppets who just wanted to grab 1st place for themselves and like to use you as a brake in the corners. We just scraped it one the first two races by a few points. I really like the base cars idea though. Got everything done apart from Horizon Open, plenty of time for that though.
I put the 40 point 911 GT3 on the AH with a starting point of 1 million and a buy out of 20 million. It sold for 20 million, dead chuffed. It took me past the 100 million credit mark.

I was kind of hoping the New 992 GT3'21 would be available this week but oh well I can wait another week. Atleast we can have a test drive in the Monthly Rivals.

Enjoyed the weekly activities as always, I Don't know whether to sell the RS4.0 or not, I have hundreds of millions so I don't need the money but then again I don't really need another of that model either.

Also, It's still annoying that we still can't get buy multiple barn find cars. I could definitely do with another Carrera RS. Additional F40 Comp, Toyota Baja and a few others would be nice too.

Last edited:
Also, It's still annoying that we still can't get buy multiple barn find cars. I could definitely do with another Carrera RS. Additional F40 Comp, Toyota Baja and a few others would be nice too.
This has to be the most annoying change they have made in FH5.
When the FH5 car list was revealed I was really looking forward to the Renault 4 and GMC Jimmy. I was going to own many copies of these cars in my garage and enjoy the various upgrades and livery.

Perhaps there may have been an opportunity to reacquire these cars at Super7 and other places like the XJR-15.
However, the XJR-15 released as a Super7 prize received a large amount of negative feedback.
They will never prize barn finds again. Very sad.

Back