Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,119 comments
Fiq16LbXwAAuMCK.jpg

Yeah, I don't get it. The major problems began to propagate in December '21, when the game patch broke X/S owners. They did fix it but there are still many issues. Such as:

-Paddle shift animation is gone. It was in FM7 and FH4, so why did PG remove it? Did they remove it for absolutely no reason at all?

-The Supra MK4 does not have a shift animation. And worse, they did not fix it despite having the animation in games past.

-Brakes cool off too quickly after braking

-Performance issues that weren't an issue with previous versions for PC/Steam (I don't have them but I'm sure I heard complaints)

-Paint issues

-Unresolved problems with cars such as, but not limited to the Clio '13 having a Jaguar R-S logo instead of its actual logo on the steering wheel column and the TTS '15 having interior label patters damaged (both problems dating back to FH3)

-Awful AI

-A Festival Playlist that constantly hands you cars from the Autoshow for very little effort. Again it was not like this at launch with the hard-to-find cars. I don't even have a second one of each version.

-Several Ferraris that have aerodynamics that don't work at all (SF90, F8 Tributo)

Fact is they are very much aware of the bugs, but PG seems uninterested in fixing them in time. Are they understaffed?

Yep, it's much worse in performance now. Seems like an odd coincidence that it's happened in the same update that they 'introduced new security improvements'. Wonder if it's particularly slow anti-cheat, or new DRM?
There is a new folder called "nerddata" since current series update. The file inside is encrypted so I can't make sure what it is.

There is a new folder called "nerddata" since current series update. The file inside is encrypted so I can't make sure what it is.
"nerddata" may have something to do with the statistics of the game (leaderboards, player counts and maybe the auction house) just from the foldername.

Last edited:
Wait F8 Tributo has active aero parts?
The F8 Tributo has an active rear diffuser but I'm not sure if it's visible from the outside. Speaking of which, the LaFerrari's rear active diffuser isn't working anymore, might be the case for some other Ferrari's too, not sure.

Also the active wing on the FXXK Evo isn't working the same way it works on the regular FXXK, while the active rear spoiler doesn't act as an airbrake on the 720S and the 765LT, and yet it works as it should on the 720S Spider.

While we're on that Forza Monthly subject, is it suspicious that they're not showing us a car, just some Christmas decorations? I mean it could be a bad sign.

While we're on that Forza Monthly subject, is it suspicious that they're not showing us a car, just some Christmas decorations? I mean it could be a bad sign.
They've already teased the Nissan Z, Lamborghini Sian Roadster and the Cupra UrbanRebel on Torben Tuesday.

Uhhh, did anyone else get gifted an RS E-Tron GT and an M4 Competition or is it just me?

Edit: It’s compensation for the Auction House and Super7 mess, so everyone will get them.
View attachment 1211824
Most people that got like 999 million credits from the glitch would have already blitzed the autoshow and auction house and picked up cars they were missing anyways. They aren’t taking those back so it was still worth doing in the end. I got a couple expensive cars and accolades out of it.

I've just been playing with E-Tron. Stuck a lovely two tone red and yellow paint job on it and put it at S1 900. I'm really tempted to see if I can make an offroader out of it.

They just took all my credits back. I only used the exploit about three times. Easy come, easy go I guess but I wish I'd held onto my dupes.

Admittedly, each of those three or so times netted me a couple of hundred million credits in about half an hour so I can see why they were pissed...

8f235dab-60dc-4f17-9120-6033ab0e2ab7.png

Last edited:
Quick S15/S16 predictions

S15:
1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
2022 Cupra UrbanRebel Concept
2020 Lamborghini Sian SKP 37 Roadster
2018 Morgan Aero GT
2023 Nissan Z
2010 Porsche Boxster S (987)

(I'm assuming my Aeroroadster clue comes to fruition and the other half theme of the update is roadsters/convertibles)

S16:
2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
1952 Hudson Hornet
2020 Lamborghini Sian SKP 37 Coupe
2010 Morgan Aero Supersports
2012 Pagani Huayra

(I imagine this season will be even lighter on content - so just filling gaps with likely content since they've already been spotted. Would also make sense for the normal Morgan to come if the Aero GT is making a return)

S15/S16 will be bundled as one update as theorized by many here. We'll get maybe 1 small QOL fix as well, no new features/bodykits or other content.

Predicting a small update as I think Expansion 2 will be Feb 2023 and the team is mainly focused on that.

They just took all my credits back. I only used the exploit about three times. Easy come, easy go I guess but I wish I'd held onto my dupes.

Admittedly, each of those three or so times netted me a couple of hundred million credits in about half an hour so I can see why they were pissed...

View attachment 1211907

As disappointing as that might be... at least they're on point with it. I didn't get a chance to snag credits (mostly don't need it, I have 110 million credits and a 100% garage), but I'm at the very least appreciative of the fact they jumped on it quickly.

Yeah, I was dropped back to 18M credits. Not a big loss as I have every car (including the ‘32 Ford FE and the OPI GT) already and don’t tend to horde cars.
Those are the only two cars I don't own bud. Nail varnish doesn't suit me lol and as hard as I tried I could never find the limited edition controller anywhere. Top effort.

Quick S15/S16 predictions

S15:
1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
2022 Cupra UrbanRebel Concept
2020 Lamborghini Sian SKP 37 Roadster
2018 Morgan Aero GT
2023 Nissan Z
2010 Porsche Boxster S (987)

(I'm assuming my Aeroroadster clue comes to fruition and the other half theme of the update is roadsters/convertibles)

S16:
2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
1952 Hudson Hornet
2020 Lamborghini Sian SKP 37 Coupe
2010 Morgan Aero Supersports
2012 Pagani Huayra

(I imagine this season will be even lighter on content - so just filling gaps with likely content since they've already been spotted. Would also make sense for the normal Morgan to come if the Aero GT is making a return)

S15/S16 will be bundled as one update as theorized by many here. We'll get maybe 1 small QOL fix as well, no new features/bodykits or other content.

Predicting a small update as I think Expansion 2 will be Feb 2023 and the team is mainly focused on that.
In terms of convertibles/roadsters, the 2018 i8 Roadster and 2018 JCW Convertible also make sense here as well in terms of returning from FH4 since that is what PG seems to be doing, adding a bunch of recent-ish FH4 cars to FH5.
Maybe for S16 they add some more rally/hillclimb/off road-focused options like VW IDR or Ridgeline Baja (which should have been in the base game considering it's success in the actual Baja 1000).

Last edited:
In terms of convertibles, they are much harder to properly code as they not only need to model the roof so that the ragtop/whatever is visible and the convertible functionality would work. But seeing as the 2019 BMW Z4 is here and it does not have a functional roof, it seems unlikely. More were planned, but they're on the Won't Fix section, sadly.

Chances are they're just going to give us 3 new cars and the rest would be returning ones to pad the list. I'll keep my expectations low for now.

Those are the only two cars I don't own bud. Nail varnish doesn't suit me lol and as hard as I tried I could never find the limited edition controller anywhere. Top effort.
I haven't played since the update, but was sitting at just over 50 million. I only did the exploit once (to see if it actually worked), but not for long, so only made about 1.1 million. If memory serves, I was around 46-48 million at the time, and had a few good wheelspins afterwords that bumped up my total. Now I'm interested to see where I stand after the 'rebalance'.

Back