Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,095 comments
First come, first serve Oreo Zonda code:

Screenshot 2023-01-29 171201.png

:cheers:

I saw this comment on twitter somewhere but I thought it was worth repeating..

Don't you think it's weird that we are 14-15 months into the games life cycle and we still haven't received all the content of the Super Mega Ultimate Edition that was promised? That's actually a really long time to wait, especially for the content PG would have planned out when doing the roadmap for FH5.

Like I'm struggling to think of a game that has taken this long to deliver all of it's promised content.

Look at Grid Legends, that's released and released 4 DLC packs before PG has been able to finish both expansions. (Different games but you get my point)

Just strange it's taking this long.

Perhaps its related to another product tie-in that's waiting a reveal or something (Fast & Furious 10 anyone?)

I just want an announcement soon so my curiosity can be killed and that can move on to what is/isn't in Forza Motorsport 🤣

Don't you think it's weird that we are 14-15 months into the games life cycle and we still haven't received all the content of the Super Mega Ultimate Edition that was promised? That's actually a really long time to wait, especially for the content PG would have planned out when doing the roadmap for FH5.

Like I'm struggling to think of a game that has taken this long to deliver all of it's promised content.

Look at Grid Legends, that's released and released 4 DLC packs before PG has been able to finish both expansions. (Different games but you get my point)

Perhaps its related to another product tie-in that's waiting a reveal or something (Fast & Furious 10 anyone?)

I just want an announcement soon so my curiosity can be killed and that can move on to what is/isn't in Forza Motorsport 🤣
They said back in November that DLC2 was supposed to come out "Early 2023", so we should get an announcement around the next Forza Monthly.

But I agree, it seems odd that DLCs for FH5 came out relatively late. It's likely covid delayed the development of FH5. And seeing from the number of bugs at launch, the game seemed to have come out a little earlier than it should have, which would mean knock on effects on the post release content. Having key members of the team leave to go create their own studio can't have helped either.

The Hotwheels DLC was fairly polished however, especially compared to some of the festival playlists, so I'm not too worried about the quality of the next DLC. I still think it'll likely be a city map.

They said back in November that DLC2 was supposed to come out "Early 2023", so we should get an announcement around the next Forza Monthly.

But I agree, it seems odd that DLCs for FH5 came out relatively late. It's likely covid delayed the development of FH5. And seeing from the number of bugs at launch, the game seemed to have come out a little earlier than it should have, which would mean knock on effects on the post release content. Having key members of the team leave to go create their own studio can't have helped either.

The Hotwheels DLC was fairly polished however, especially compared to some of the festival playlists, so I'm not too worried about the quality of the next DLC. I still think it'll likely be a city map.
This is a good point - maybe just the flow on effect of an "early release". Still woulda thought it woulda made it into 2022.

The city map "expectation" I feel is dangerous - because it's been repeated ad nauseum in the online discussions of FH5. Couple that with the long wait, I feel people are going to be disappointed if isn't some form of street racing/city expansion - which I feel is a pretty narrow expectation to have. I think you're gonna see a lot of "they took this long just to make this?" comments if it isn't meeting these lofty city expansion demands.

We'll see though, hopefully PG does something as/if not more content rich than Hot Wheels, that's well polished and enjoyable, regardless of the location setting & theme.

The city map "expectation" I feel is dangerous - because it's been repeated ad nauseum in the online discussions of FH5. Couple that with the long wait, I feel people are going to be disappointed if isn't some form of street racing/city expansion - which I feel is a pretty narrow expectation to have. I think you're gonna see a lot of "they took this long just to make this?" comments if it isn't meeting these lofty city expansion demands.
I'm not expecting a huge street racing map or anything, but I think something city-ish would make sense. An offroad/extreme weather map like past DLCs would be a bit redundant, and a modern urban setting is the only one of the "usual suspects" missing from the real map.

Horizon DLCs often having parts that were integrated into the next main game, it's also possible we'll be surprised by something new. Whatever it is, I just the map is big and it comes soon. It's a long wait until Motorsport...

We all know it's gonna be Lego. They're holding back because the Forza forums are gonna burn when they announce it.

Just a thought. If DLC 2 is Lego, do we think all the recent Eventlab items are a slow build up to letting us build ramps, tracks etc out of Lego bricks? Just imagine building whatever you want from Lego bricks............

P.S. I honestly don't think it will be Lego. If I was forced to make a guess then I'd say it's a city based DLC expansion, ready for Japan/South Korea in FH6.

You know they would also rage if the next expansion is Donut Media or Minecraft, which the latter is a a part of Microsoft.

But in sincerity, I hope it's neither of them.

Last edited:
I don't see the Forza horizon formula of 80% rural / 20% urban changing any time soon for a few reasons:

-10/10 reviews. You don't change the formula for a game with 10/10 reviews.
-It is way more resource efficient to produce a typical FH map than something like a GTA Map. The level of detail required in a believable open world city is far beyond natural areas.
-FH gameplay greatly favors long sweeping roads rather than tight city corners.

These games are not passion projects by an indy dev. They are an absolute cash cow for Microsoft and they will take as little risk on them as possible and devote as few resources to them as reasonable until they stop selling in huge numbers and getting literally perfect reviews. FH6 will be FH5 + 10%. Just 10% more of everything.

edit: Unless FH6 is a dramatic failure for reasons I can't really imagine, I don't think we could expect any substantial changes to the game format until FH8 at the earliest.

Last edited:
That comment won't get beaten this week. Top work.👍
Cheers.
This seemingly interminable delay in our getting even an obscure Torben clue regarding the second expansion's nature is making the wait for the chrimbo Sián feel like instant gratification by comparison.
Tommy Bargains
Cor blimey lord love a duck!!

Last edited:
The Forums and Reddit would rage no matter what it is.
Everyone wants something different, it is impossible to please everyone.
Microsoft: releases 1:1 scale Tokyo map complete with Fujimi Kaido and thirty 100% accurately remodelled cars ready for transfer to FM2023 and refunds everyone the entire cost of the game
Soash meejah: lazy devs fobbing off outdated content on us. You suuuuuuccckkk

:lol:

Last edited:
This seemingly interminable delay in our getting even an obscure Torben clue regarding the second expansion's nature is making the wait for the chrimbo Sián feel like instant gratification by comparison.
Absolutely! I'm starting to honestly miss the days when Forza had a proper schedule to release expansions. This "let's make each expansion so wide spread as possible because we're supporting the game for the next three years or so" is becoming frustrating, because they are generating so much hype for expansion 2 that it may end up disappointing certain folks who want it to be a specific thing. Mind you, I too would love a city expansion. But something tells me that not might be it? We'll see though. :) I'd like to think we'll at least hear something after the Hoonigan update (RIP Ken Block), unless PG pulls a fast one and puts Donut Media pt.2 after it. :lol:

Last edited:
I have a question, does FH1 and FH2 has a online freeroam similar to horizon life? Does the map have visible transition/stutter like on FH5? Its like the map is divided on several servers

I’m pretty sure DLC 2 for FH5 is pushed back a little bit because FMnot8 is also pushed back.

The initial plan:
FMnot8 was “spring 2023”, so they wanted to do FH5 DLC2 just before that (probably Feb/march).

Updated plan:
FMnot8 is “2023”, most likely September or later this year. So the pressure to release FH5 DLC2 before FMnot8 is gone, they have a much bigger window now. I wouldn’t even be surprised if it was released around E3 in June.

Last edited:
I have a question, does FH1 and FH2 has a online freeroam similar to horizon life?
No. FH3 brought the ability to free roam with friends, FH4 allowed you to free roam with randoms, FH5 tried to expand on that with Horizon Life. 1 and 2 lack these features.

I totally understand Playground waiting for Car Pass to conclude before Expansion 1 came out, that's entirely reasonable and good business sense.

Waiting almost another year after that for Expansion 2 however, that leads me to believe they're experiencing trouble with its development. Could be a number of things (scope, resource, licensing, "the big sneezy" etc.) but it is a little concerning and the longer players have to wait, the bigger their expectations will become.

Hot Wheels was an excellent expansion and set a high bar, hopefully we know more about Expansion 2 soon.

My guess is that Forza (as a series) isn't on the usual bi-annual release cycle anymore. Because of that, they're now spacing the DLC out further to drip feed the bigger stuff at specific times to bring us not too far off from the launch of Horizon 6. Of course, they've had a proverbial spanner with the studio head leaving, which may prolong the development which means Horizon 5 will have to last a bit longer than anticipated.

The Crew Motorfest has been announced.
Controversial features like planes and ships have been removed, and it seems they have returned to their roots: car racing games.

Perhaps this game will be a successor to both the good and bad parts of TC2.

But because I love Forza, I hope this game will be great and be a good antagonist to give PGG a sense of urgency.
The emergence of good rivals will likely cause competition between each other's games and then make each one better.

Controversial features like planes and ships have been removed
nope.
“I call it the Motorfest; I don’t call it Carfest,” says Beley. “Because for me it’s important that every motor could be represented inside this experience. I refer to car culture but you will have plenty of stories with boats and planes also, and you will be able to experience this beautiful world from many points of view, from boats on the water or from the air with your plane.”
Its clearly standalone addon for Crew 2, not 3rd instalment. Something like FCNew Dawn or AC Rogue.

Last edited:
Back