Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,094 comments
I have never encountered something as fundamentally frustrating as the Oreo promotion interface.
Literally had to build a jig for this.

1675267052492.png

Anyone who's trying to enter, it's supremely underexplained.

You'll need a webcam/phone camera and the six specially patterned cookies from the pack: A, B, X, Y, ↑, and ☒.

Get them in as ideal conditions as you can for taking photographs. Go to the website https://stay-playful.oreo.eu/ (Europe only) and click "Create a Combination".

Now you have a Mastermind-style game. You need to scan four cookies - any in any order - and the site will give you a result.

RED X = this cookie is not in the combination
ORANGE ⇌ = this cookie is in the combination and in the wrong place
GREEN ✓ = this cookie is in the combination and in the right place

You can then try again, scanning cookies in a different order to generate a different combination. Be aware that the symbols can be duplicated, so there are 126 combinations, but you should get it right in four or fewer if you're any good at Mastermind. Six at most even if you're an idiot.

Get the correct four symbols and you'll get a choice of prizes: Sea of Thieves ship skin, Halo armour skin, FH5 Pagani Zonda (and it's a separate car...)

You can go again and get all three prizes if you want, but only once per email address...

Last edited:
If only they'd remember about the Q60 and its production version, which would've been perfect for the current update...
I know right? Unfortunately it's licensing and we have to live with it. I have a hunch that either T10/PG hated the production version and there's one reason why we're not getting it. Or two, PG just does not like Infiniti and sees the brand as an afterthought. Or, it's just licensing that won't allow Nissan to license new Infiniti models. It is one or the other.

Literally had to build a jig for this.

View attachment 1227590

Anyone who's trying to enter, it's supremely underexplained.

You'll need a webcam/phone camera and the six specially patterned cookies from the pack: A, B, X, Y, ↑, and ☒.

Get them in as ideal conditions as you can for taking photographs. Go to the website https://stay-playful.oreo.eu/ (Europe only) and click "Create a Combination".

Now you have a Mastermind-style game. You need to scan four cookies - any in any order - and the site will give you a result.

RED X = this cookie is not in the combination
ORANGE ⇌ = this cookie is in the combination and in the wrong place
GREEN ✓ = this cookie is in the combination and in the right place

You can then try again, scanning cookies in a different order to generate a different combination. Be aware that the symbols can be duplicated, so there are 126 combinations, but you should get it right in four or fewer if you're any good at Mastermind. Six at most even if you're an idiot.

Get the correct four symbols and you'll get a choice of prizes: Sea of Thieves ship skin, Halo armour skin, FH5 Pagani Zonda (and it's a separate car...)

You can go again and get all three prizes if you want, but only once per email address...
All that for a car with a relatively bland livery and presumably no superior performance vs the base game model? 😳

The only time I’ve ever bought a retail product for a videogame skin was the Red Bull set for Street Fighter V. That was all dead simple (ie: go to website, put in barcode of the can, pick a skin and here’s a code) and the outfits looked great.

Last edited:
All that for a car with a relatively bland livery and presumably no superior performance vs the base game model? 😳
Identical power/weight/torque stats, but 4PI better off and a 0.1 better offroad rating. I'd guess a suspension tweak?

Otherwise, pretty much.

The only thing i can add is that you can add decals on the car. So the oreo stuff is treated as a paint job and not a livery.

Attachments

• OREO.png
    OREO.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 5
I am from asia, and the code is redeemable on MS store version.
I know that part - all the Americans posting in this thread with the car is sufficient clue! I want to test something else...

Picked up an Xbox controller for PC gaming so I decided to give this another shot. I really wanted to buy a 4Runner since I own the same one irl, but of course it’s a unicorn car.

I have a couple questions though.

Is manual and clutch faster like other Forza games?

Is Awd the absolute meta for tuning?

Last edited:
Found new upcoming Horizon Stories after the update. Coming from story dialogue string. This one is interesting i should say.

The file only mentioned the name as HAD (probably short for Horizon A.... Drag). As the name suggest Drag Race will be its main objectives. Here's what i manage to find from the dialogue strings.
  • The story revolves around Alejandra and Papa Fernando Vocho El Gigante 68 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
  • Player will be drag racing cars from various eras
  • New drag racing system, using "drag zone traffic lights" according to the dialogue
  • There will be some sort of marked box as start area
  • Stop for 3 seconds, the lights will be active, wait till the green light up and the race begins
  • The light will cycle again if you missed it
  • The drag race are also available as normal race
  • Few new cars-ish specifically mentioned on the dialogues
    • Rimac Nevera (Rimac C_Two production model)
    • Lamborghini Huracan STO (we already have two versions)
    • Camaro Pro Stock (specific year not mentioned)

I'll include the files if you want to read all the dialogues
Very interesting find. Thanks to @nukleabomb, we have this list of WIP content for FH5 - which could look a lot like a plan of 2023 content for FH5

March: Horizon Wilds Takeover
April: Test Track Feature - Teased in the Torben Crossword
May: Expansion 2 + Accompanying Series update themed with the Expansion like Hot Wheels
June: Donut Media Series Part 2 - Teased by PG themselves
July: Drift Club V2 Story
August: Taxi Story & Other Leaked Icons
September: Drag Story (HAD)
October: Eliminator Duos Update
November: ??
December: The 3 Barn Finds/Community Goal event leaked in 2021 - probably not happening at this point but will put here anyway

Will be very interesting to see if some of the leaked stuff actually makes it to the final game or not - it seems like there's a lot to come but each month we're getting something else. Time will tell as always.

Is manual and clutch faster like other Forza games?

Is Awd the absolute meta for tuning?
1. Yes - you can skip clutch if the car employs sequential/dual-clutch/modern automatic/drivetrain swap though.
2. As far as I am aware AWD isn't as meta as it used to be and you can be competitive with 2WD. Naturally, this depends on the car and what class/race format (asphalt dirt etc) you build said car for, though it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case in previous titles as well.

Last edited:
I just found a square in the middle of Guanajuato that makes for some great photography.
25F16DBD-2D0A-4834-8024-73A3634758E2.jpeg

There’s no road into it. You can access it through an alley to the west,
3554C327-E417-4E44-B356-DBBDD745EACC.png

or a sidewalk on the south.
CBBD43BE-163F-4230-8547-F22A98AF1BE5.png

Once in there, there are a couple of levels. You can travel between them, but only if your car can handle a steep set of stairs.
B3FAAAEF-B5AD-478C-A0E9-05DA24031CE8.png

B6EB5D26-491C-4EB5-89D6-B3BD25DF2DAF.png

4E47C24B-E73C-4DF3-97FC-0C10DA86A693.png

6CC4DC01-EBCD-4FBD-A6A9-E4D71A4B00AC.png

002094CC-A675-4691-8AF2-76CAC605EAC1.png
F039135D-332E-4604-BA13-B0C04AA6E1BB.png
It’s fun to still be finding things like this after more than a year.

Last edited:
Found new upcoming Horizon Stories after the update. Coming from story dialogue string. This one is interesting i should say.

The file only mentioned the name as HAD (probably short for Horizon A.... Drag). As the name suggest Drag Race will be its main objectives. Here's what i manage to find from the dialogue strings.
  • The story revolves around Alejandra and Papa Fernando Vocho El Gigante 68 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
  • Player will be drag racing cars from various eras
  • New drag racing system, using "drag zone traffic lights" according to the dialogue
  • There will be some sort of marked box as start area
  • Stop for 3 seconds, the lights will be active, wait till the green light up and the race begins
  • The light will cycle again if you missed it
  • The drag race are also available as normal race
  • Few new cars-ish specifically mentioned on the dialogues
    • Rimac Nevera (Rimac C_Two production model)
    • Lamborghini Huracan STO (we already have two versions)
    • Camaro Pro Stock (specific year not mentioned)

I'll include the files if you want to read all the dialogues
Based on the files @Kelpy D had found in the past,

I would guess that the Camaro Pro Stock is most likely the 2013 Camaro Pro Stock.
EricaEndersSteven-ProStockCamaro.jpg

I can do the Eventlabs but the FP Shop is down at least for now. You ought to restart your console.

Can anybody help me find those stone lanterns?

Last edited:
I can do the Eventlabs but the FP Shop is down.

Can anybody help me find those stone lanters?
Post will go up in about 20 minutes, but...

"For #HearMeRoar this week you'll need to take a picture of any Lexus or Toyota vehicle with the doro in Ek'Balam. They're hidden away a little, towards the south-east of the core buildings and just east of the dotted path in that area -- look for the white maneki-neko cat nearby. Take the photo to earn two points and a Tiger Roar horn."
1675356317145.png

Last edited:
I can do the Eventlabs but the FP Shop is down at least for now. You ought to restart your console.

Can anybody help me find those stone lanterns?
3cf054ff-94c5-432a-bbe1-ab3c60ab2a68.png

The area in the background is the west part of Ek Balam where you place the radio transmitter in the story.

And a word of warning. Don't hit the jump hard at all in the Showcase Remix, just gentle go over it.........you'll see why 😂😂😂

The train had already passed by the time I got to it. And is it my imagination, or did that S15 Sylvia seem to have a lot of understeer built into it?

Last edited:
The train had already passed by the time I got to it. And is it my imagination, or did that S15 Sylvia seem to have a lot of understeer built into it?
Play it again bud until you get to the ramp as the train is there, you'll laugh at the absurdity of it.

Yes the Sylvia understeers like a boat.

Back