Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,908 comments
8e32ae3a-e6d3-479d-96c4-eb8e9833ee1d (1).png

Top 1000 time on El Camino Chapter 2 legitimately. Instead of driving down into Copper Canyon I stayed on the main road above the Canyon. I then jumped down into the Canyon from more or less level with the players house above Guatojuato straight into the purple circle.

An interesting video going over less of the game's flaws and more so the corruption issues, definitely give it a watch.

An interesting thought starter for sure.

I won’t say much on the details of this video (because it’s none of my business and I know none of the facts to their claims), but I will point out that the viewing figures for the Forza Racing Championship are taken out of context, using what appears to be a cherry-picked example to illustrate their point.

It didn’t do amazingly well, for sure, but the actual archived* stream numbers are here and a bit higher: https://socialblade.com/youtube/c/forzarc

Keep in mind that Forza RC was before the “sim racing boom” of 2020, and was siloed off onto its own channel that had to grow from scratch. On top of that Forza Motorsport 7 unfortunately lacked many of the features that would make a racing esports series fun to watch and play in, so wasn’t well suited to the venture in the first place.

* I wouldn’t be surprised if most of Forza RC’s publicly available audience figures are “lost to time”, as Mixer was the lead broadcasting platform and no longer exists,
and Forza historically haven’t archived their Twitch streams. https://www.overtake.gg/articles-columns/feature/forzarc-why-did-forza-esports-fail/

Last edited:
While none of this week's season PR stunts were problematic targets, the danger sign was in some ways the most difficult for some strange reason.

It is unclear whether it is the gradient in front of the danger sign or the slight object placed on the danger sign that is affecting it, but no matter how many times I try, the record ends up at 3 meters.
I finally achieved my seasonal target after countless rewinds.

An interesting video going over less of the game's flaws and more so the corruption issues, definitely give it a watch.

Some interesting stuff for sure. Though I don't necessarily agree with some of the statements in the video, Especially the stuff about "singleplayer mods". Since Forza doesn't have distinctly separate Singleplayer and Multiplayer progress, any mods one might use to cheat in singleplayer can effect the multiplayer economy when they go back online. Forza does not have a true "Singleplayer" unless you never connect the game to the internet.

I say this as someone that makes mods for Fallout 4, any mods used to cheat in "Singleplayer" should be a bannable offense if progress made from cheat mods can be transferred into online gamemodes.

I did watch the video and it sorta is interesting. But the one thing that did strike me intrigued was the mod about the livery editor. Yes, I admit the livery editor Forza has is desperately in need of a serious rework (and not the same, tired ground up phrase), and it needs to be done. But T10/PGG won't change it, and they likely never will.

I did watch the video and it sorta is interesting. But the one thing that did strike me intrigued was the mod about the livery editor. Yes, I admit the livery editor Forza has is desperately in need of a serious rework (and not the same, tired ground up phrase), and it needs to be done. But T10/PGG won't change it, and they likely never will.
I think there's a long-running community tradition behind the livery editor that sees it as this special amazing thing where you can create extremely elaborate designs with just some basic shapes, and anything that circumvents or simplifies the process like .PNG decal uploads would constitute some sort of betrayal of that tradition. I don't agree with it, but I can kind of understand it.

View attachment 1238395
Top 1000 time on El Camino Chapter 2 legitimately. Instead of driving down into Copper Canyon I stayed on the main road above the Canyon. I then jumped down into the Canyon from more or less level with the players house above Guatojuato straight into the purple circle.
Right there behind you my friend. I am now 993 worldwide.
3D1ACC98-C4B4-4E1B-8BF7-5836B9E955BB.jpeg

Forget Mustang vs. Camaro, or WRX vs Evo. This is the greatest automotive rivalry:
36F352A2-CF31-4C31-BC12-948E99A7688D.jpeg

Last edited:
I think there's a long-running community tradition behind the livery editor that sees it as this special amazing thing where you can create extremely elaborate designs with just some basic shapes, and anything that circumvents or simplifies the process like .PNG decal uploads would constitute some sort of betrayal of that tradition. I don't agree with it, but I can kind of understand it.
As somebody with over a million livery downloads and hundreds of logos created, give me a faster/automated process any day. The Forza editor is great for making the base design on a car, but horribly slow for anything that requires complex accuracy.

Forget Mustang vs. Camaro, or WRX vs Evo. This is the greatest automotive rivalry:
View attachment 1238623
See, this right here makes the need for a Dodge Rampage or Plymouth Scamp all the more glaring...
As somebody with over a million livery downloads and hundreds of logos created, give me a faster/automated process any day. The Forza editor is great for making the base design on a car, but horribly slow for anything that requires complex accuracy.
Exactly. And GTS and GT7 have proven that it is doable in a console game from both logistical and legal standpoints (as is letting players put vinyls on windows, but that's a somewhat separate issue).

Last edited:
Precisely my opinion, I looove making base designs and shapes on cars but when it comes time to make logos and such it's always an absolute pain. Maybe they'll add image importing in the new motorsport.

Both tools have advantages and disadvantages.

Forza tool:
  • Since all materials are available in the game, no import problems will occur with the exception of preset decals.
  • Because it is created with in-game tools, all players can create in the same environment.
  • Since the decal data is a collection of existing vinyls, it is easy to re-edit the vinyl group.
  • All functions are provided in the game and can be used offline without any problems.
  • It takes time to create complex data and is not good at gradation of curves and complex shapes.
  • Creating livery/vinyl groups with complex text is a particularly daunting task, as there is not enough text in the presets and no tools to support text input.
  • Lack of guide. Guides are only available in limited places like forums and are not beginner friendly compared to Illustrator and Inkscape.
GT tool:
  • Create text easier and faster than with Forza.
  • It is also relatively easy and fast to create complex data. (For even lazier people, you can just upload the svg you downloaded from the internet)
  • Because of the difference in the software's ability to edit svg, the convenience of the tool inevitably favors users who can pay for Illustrator subscriptions.
  • Since UGC is data uploaded to the server by the user, all UGC will reflect what the original creator did. (e.g., if the original creator deletes a decal, the decal will also disappear from other user created livery that used that decal).
  • There is a problem with the gradient function (on the GT side problem, not svg side problem) and sometimes it is more difficult than creating decals with gradients in Forza.
  • Uploaded decals are treated as a single piece of data and cannot be split or otherwise re-edited in-game. This tends to result in the use of a large number of save slots for decals.
  • Due to its design, the livery editor can only be used online. Therefore, the function may not be available due to the network connection environment on the user side or server maintenance on the game side.
In my personal opinion, both tools are one size fits all. I can't bring myself to create a livery with complex gradients in GT while being swamped by gradient bugs and the 15kb file size limit, and I curse the ancients who designed the "e" and "s" whenever I create text in Forza.
But, I do think that for many average players, a GT-style tool would be more beneficial.

However, it is difficult to say whether Forza will adopt GT-style tools and image uploading capabilities.
The main reason for this is the limitation of cloud storage capacity in XBL. This seems to be the same capacity allocated no matter what software is used, so if GT-style uploading is adopted with the current system, the decal save slots will be used up in no time.
So if Forza were to adopt a GT-style livery editor, it would either give more cloud storage available on the XBL side or require separate storage independent of game data for UGC.

A million downloads? That's outstanding bud. To be fair your stuff deserves it, it's very well made.

Thanks 🙂

That’s across all titles though, I seem to average a quarter million a game.

Liveries here for anyone curious: https://pjtierney.net/forza-livery-designs
I really struggle with the livery editor. My designs and vinyls are very basic by nature, but to be fair I'm not a very artistic person.

A quarter of a million downloads per game is still flipping fantastic.

Can I just say how much I would love, love, love it if this game both A) allowed you to save multiple photomode presets, and B) allowed you to make "folders" for your car collection? Right now all of my dedicated drift cars are under my favorites tab for quick access, but I would love it if we could have user-created filters/"folders" to better filter cars depend on their use. In particular, I'd love to have folders for my A-/S1-Class drift cars, "off-brand" rally cars (i.e. Fiesta XR2 and Datsun 240Z) and A-/S1-Class Rallycross cars.

I would think that the next FH will use the next Forzatech engine... but FM is still a no show this year... So my estimate puts the next FH launch within 2-3 years at least, PROVIDED they have started development. I would go for a third expansion, if only to keep interest in the franchise.

Do you believe in a third dlc or will it be forza Horizon 6?
Yes i think so, because i don't expect FH6 to release before 2025

I would think that the next FH will use the next Forzatech engine... but FM is still a no show this year... So my estimate puts the next FH launch within 2-3 years at least, PROVIDED they have started development. I would go for a third expansion, if only to keep interest in the franchise.
Not only that, the game will be current gen exclusive. The size and detail of the map will be much much bigger and better and if its set in Japan than they have to build tons of unique buildings and assets. As i said i don't expect FH6 before 2025, so it makes sense to fill 2024 with a big DLC.

The new FM has been promised for spring 2023. That's March to June, so there's still plenty of time for it to arrive. If it is delayed, I doubt it would be much beyond summer. I have no idea if a third expansion will be released for FH5. My guess is no, we'll just get more stories. If I made a guess, the next Horizon will be released in 2024 or 2025.

Back