Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,302 comments
You're forgetting the Volkswagen Polo GTI, Bora/Jetta and the 2004 New Beetle.
Look closely at the listings, they are Golf/Bus listings. It is not a list of all VWs.
How has this not been brought back? Gran Turismo 7 has one, and we don't. Does Turn 10 not like Polos?
Since the Xbox One era they have continued to remove and downplay entry level hatchbacks and city cars of various brands, not just VW.
Mito, Mazda 2, Yaris, Micra, Fit, Twingo... Many other fun hatchbacks were deleted in FM5 and have yet to return to Forza.

Last edited:
As a fan of all things air-cooled VW, give me the Double Cab, the Karmann Ghia, and the Type 3, and maybe surprise us with a Type 3 Karmann Ghia or the SP2 from Brazil.
View attachment 1241511
View attachment 1241510
Nah, those are too quirky, what the kids want these days is something hip like the new T-Roc!

Either that or a Passat that can be converted to "Felt-spec".

Since the Xbox One era they have continued to remove and downplay entry level hatchbacks and city cars of various brands, not just VW.
Mito, Mazda 2, Yaris, Micra, Fit, Twingo... Many other fun hatchbacks were deleted in FM5 and have yet to return to Forza.
That really defeats the purpose of what made Forza great in the first place. You didn't start with fast cars in the past. FM4 had a treasure trove of F class cars, and since then we don't have any basic cars... until we got one in this game. ONE. You know, the MG3.

I am starting a petition to bring back F class cars (namely, subcompact cars). Who is with me?

Last edited:
That really defeats the purpose of what made Forza great in the first place. You didn't start with fast cars in the past. FM4 had a treasure trove of F class cars, and since then we don't have any basic cars... until we got one in this game. ONE. You know, the MG3.

I am starting a petition to bring back F class cars (namely, subcompact cars). Who is with me?
I Don't think horizon had more than a handful of slow cars at a time. FM on the other hand had a load of them. Although I think swapping subcompacts with classic or oddball cars is a decent compromise (in fm7).

I would also argue that subcompacts have reduced in number (almost non existent in the US and considerably lower in europe (dropped by nearly 50% in last decade, while suvs have the marketdominance)). Their relevance is reducing significantly.

But yes, I would love more <d400 cars, subcompacts or not. I'd even be fine with more crossovers too (ecosport, kona, puma, vitara, rav4, cx3, x1 etc.). There's plenty of superminis too but I think those would be C class now.

Oh also:

FsARfaNWAAUhHvF

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the East Mangrove Eventlab this week, a great track.
Was it this one? Loved that event lab dirt race with all the wooden bridges, good job whoever made it! 👍

Either way I’m ready for the rally expansion, bring it on! 💪😎

Was it this one? Loved that event lab dirt race with all the wooden bridges, good job whoever made it! 👍

Either way I’m ready for the rally expansion, bring it on! 💪😎

No bud it's the other one. That one's good but the East Mangrove in my opinion is great.

The amount of daft words blocked by the profanity filter is ridiculous. The amount of time I spend rewording my Super 7 or Eventlab creations to make them appropriate is huge.
Fun fact, my name is blocked.

I can't have PJ on the license plate :D

This is a Microsoft issue moreso than a Forza one though, as most Xbox games use Microsoft's word filter for text entries. Most of what's blocked in Forza Horizon 5 is blocked in Project CARS 3 too.

This is a Microsoft issue moreso than a Forza one though, as most Xbox games use Microsoft's word filter for text entries. Most of what's blocked in Forza Horizon 5 is blocked in Project CARS 3 too.
No way!!! That's absurd bud compared to some of the more suggestive number plates you see in game. I remember I created a Super 7 card a while ago and couldn't use "Snow Man". Turns out "Man" was inappropriate content. I just changed it to "Snow King". Still gender specific but appropriate.

Would be nice if Microsoft published a list of these banned words/phrases.

It's the same issue GT runs into with Sony's moderation. You can't use the contraction for "Limited Slip Differential", in a game which has limited slip differentials you can adjust and therefore may wish to convey settings to other people, because drugs.

Not to mention the fact "engine" is censored.

Fairly implausible, for the same reason we won't tell you that
Code:
****, ****, ****, and ******* hoof-******* ****tunnel
are censored; they censored so we can't show you and bypassing the censor is also prohibited.

(chuffin' markup text)

Last edited:
The amount of daft words blocked by the profanity filter is ridiculous. The amount of time I spend rewording my Super 7 or Eventlab creations to make them appropriate is huge.
Is political correctness probably the root cause? I can't see this happening... You know it may have something to do with the E rating (or the 3 rating) isn't it?

Last edited:
No way!!! That's absurd bud compared to some of the more suggestive number plates you see in game. I remember I created a Super 7 card a while ago and couldn't use "Snow Man". Turns out "Man" was inappropriate content. I just changed it to "Snow King". Still gender specific but appropriate.

I am sure it’s because PJ rhymes with something else 🫠

1679773732745.png

So if the update is Tuesday surely that means Anti-Lag goodness is available from then? Would be nice to have a day to upgrade cars and tunes with it ready for the DLC.

Just had the easiest Eliminator game

1679775376819.png

Right where I spawned there was a Maserati Levante. Then I kept finding others who were still on the level 1 Beetle so I quickly leveled up to the Ford Fiesta RX car. At that point there were 10 opponents left so I went to get ready for the final race. But as I was driving toward the edge of the circle, some guy challenged me in some level 5 car. I easily won that race, giving me the level 10 Hoonigan RS200. For the final race, I easily beat the 3 other opponents left

sometimes I wonder if my username/gamertag's days are numbered because a normal person will look at it and hopefully think "oh OK it's a Black Sabbath joke" but an algorithm will pick up on letters 4-7 and go "uh-oh, naughty alert"
I always assumed you were in a drunken stupor. Plus I've no idea what letters 4-7 mean whistles 😂

Right where I spawned there was a Maserati Levante. Then I kept finding others who were still on the level 1 Beetle so I quickly leveled up to the Ford Fiesta RX car.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Isn't there a gentleman's agreement to not smash Beetles if you rank up early and only beat Beetles with other Beetles? Smells like ganking otherwise.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Isn't there a gentleman's agreement to not smash Beetles if you rank up early and only beat Beetles with other Beetles? Smells like ganking otherwise.
I'm not aware of any gentleman's agreement. I've been destroyed multiple times in the past by others while I was in a Beetle. I don't really mind, it's just bad RNG. Probably better to get eliminated early and start a new game rather than trundling around in a Beetle to end up losing

I'm not aware of any gentleman's agreement. I've been destroyed multiple times in the past by others while I was in a Beetle. I don't really mind, it's just bad RNG. Probably better to get eliminated early and start a new game rather than trundling around in a Beetle to end up losing
Wow, I've never been challenged by anything but another Beetle while in a Beetle, and in turn never challenged anyone in a Beetle while in anything but another Beetle.

I was knocked out of my first game of Eliminator today by someone in a level 4 Mitsubishi while I was still in the Beetle. It happens all the time.

Whats the first car you guys are putting antilag on? Mine is gonna be a RB26 swapped safari patrol.
Quattro S1 or WRX ARX. There's also a bunch of things I want to test like how it the rally engine swap feels or all the B or lower class turbo cars that don't quite have the acceleration but if they did... Also how does it act with CVT? Drift cars? Drag? etc. It's the most exciting thing they've released in FH5 period to me.

Back