Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,903 comments
Would love to see the Touraeg and the Scirocco 16V back if this is a VW themed update.

maxresdefault.jpg

volkswagen-scirocco-01-wm-mobile1car-pack-forza-horizon2.jpg

Of course we'll probably just get the Double Cab and the Rockstar Energy Drink Beetle GRC - but here's to hoping it's more than 4 cars like Series 18.

I doubt this is case but based on a clue torben put in Forza official discord. The stadium could become a photobooth.

Now if add longer night + the geometry of the space + new neon decorations + the shape of anniversary update stages and small ramps like on this geometry picture. Maybe Stadium is going to be turned into a photobooth.

Parts I circled could be small ramp areas like the stages for the anniversary update. But again this is a stretch.

There's also factor iirc the stadium was never said to always be a place that had to be a location for fast paced action.

Attachments

• FrwBtEMWwAASgpT__01__01.jpg
    FrwBtEMWwAASgpT__01__01.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Fe-YpNeXoAMNmgV.jpeg
    Fe-YpNeXoAMNmgV.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230321-232013.jpg
    Screenshot_20230321-232013.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 11
Would love to see the Touraeg and the Scirocco 16V back if this is a VW themed update.

maxresdefault.jpg

volkswagen-scirocco-01-wm-mobile1car-pack-forza-horizon2.jpg

Of course we'll probably just get the Double Cab and the Rockstar Energy Drink Beetle GRC - but here's to hoping it's more than 4 cars like Series 18.
Not gonna lie, having the Touraeg back would be great, they might even be extra cheeky and give it the funco swap if it does return!

What about a non-GRC Beetle? We don't have one in the game.
I mean, I just can't see them adding another GRC Beetle, especially since so much of the Rockstar livery has been removed because of the demise of the Red Bull GRC. Personally I'd rather have the Beetle GSR or even the rarer New Beetle RSi.

Last edited:
If they're doing a VW update, they're not likely to add the ID.Buzz yet since the car hasn't been in our shores yet. It is available in Europe now, but I highly suspect they'll probably re-add the Karmann Ghia or the aforementioned ID.R.

I would also vouch for the ID.3.
It wouldn't be the first time they've added a car that isn't available in the US. There are plenty of them in the game actually, but more recently the Ford Ranger Raptor was added and isn't available here, to my knowledge, or wasn't at the time it was added.

Last edited:
I think they would bring the Ranger Raptor over if there was enough interest, but don't know if there was.

The fact that a car isn’t sold in the US doesn’t really mean much regarding it being added to the game, if a car is awesome and requested then it gets added.

Just look at all the Renaults, all the local metal we got for Down Under and the UK, a lot of the JDM stuff and like half of all Audis - all cars that have never touched US shores.

I think adding a car that’s not available in their market is really cool and very welcome for most US players since they’ll most likely never see one IRL but at least they get it in game.

Last edited:
The fact that a car isn’t sold in the US doesn’t really mean much regarding it being added to the game, if a car is awesome and requested then it gets added.

Just look at all the Renaults, all the local metal we got for Down Under and the UK, a lot of the JDM stuff and like half of all Audis - all cars that have never touched US shores.

I think adding a car that’s not available in their market is really cool and very welcome for most US players since they’ll most likely never see one IRL but at least they get it in game.
Every generation of racing-game-playing kids deserves to have their own sense of Gran Turismo-esque "what on earth is a Nissan Skyline" discovery.

Any theories why it took 1 1/2 years to release the expansion? They would think most players would be gone by then.
Best theory I have is they wanted Stellantis Italy and delaying it alongside FM8 aligned with that wish. I could see HW expansion taking a little longer, with how they made it a little more "directed" with the restrictions. Maybe the rally expansion was also always going to be delayed because of the gameplay additions. I'm not sure about a year from that, but who knows. I also know there was the codenames leak and there was a 3rd DLC codename, so maybe that expansion fell through and they switched to the backup and pushed HW forward. That's another possibility. We will probably know the answer to the last one if there's another big Eliminator or Super7 like update in the future. If not, then it was a DLC that didn't work out imo.

An all too easy and probably improbable guess, but the bus and golf course splash screens may be a clue that the next update's reward car will be Volkswagen-focused.

FYI: List of VW Golfs/Bus that have not appeared in FH5.
  • 2010 Volkswagen Golf GTi Mk6 (Xbox 360 era car)
  • 2006 Volkswagen Golf GTi (Xbox 360 era car)
  • 1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTi
  • 1966 Volkswagen Double Cab Pick-Up (VW Bus pickup variant)

...Or add Volkswagen ID. Buzz as "New to Forza"?

View attachment 1241418
You're forgetting the Volkswagen Polo GTI, Bora/Jetta and the 2004 New Beetle.

Trial this week is crummy yet again. A street scene event, rain on first event, daytime, AND traffic is a match made in hell. First try I saw a ton of AI guys run into traffic many times. Did it on the first try so maybe it's for the best.

Volkswagen Polo GTI
How has this not been brought back? Gran Turismo 7 has one, and we don't. Does Turn 10 not like Polos?

Back