Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,910 comments
I was thinking the other day - if PG aren't going to put exclusive cars in the Autoshow 1-3 months after their release in the playlist - why not put them in wheelspins?

It gives wheelspins way more value for FH5 veterans but PG still gets to retain most of the fomo elements it wishes to have with the current festival playlist model. All of the wheelspins you get in the playlist now would be actually kinda useful.

Probably never going to happen but just a thought.

Last edited:
So, this tire profile thing. Are there any early shots of this? I'm intrigued by how this will work. Bigger tires overall? I'd love to lift a VW Pickup on some bigger tires.

Last edited:
I was thinking the other day - if PG aren't going to put exclusive cars in the Autoshow 1-3 months after their release in the playlist - why not put them in wheelspins?

It gives wheelspins way more value for FH5 veterans but PG still gets to retain most of the fomo elements it wishes to have with the current festival playlist model. All the of the wheelspins you get in the playlist now would be actually kinda useful.

I feel they need to be somewhere other than the Auction House or Forzathon shop, as the FOMO is frustrating on those that genuinely can’t make it to each week’s playlist. The Auction House has limited supply and is full of snipers, whereas the Forzathon shop has effectively no supply.

I’d be totally fine with a separate Autoshow where each car can be bought for something like 500-1,000 Forzathon Points, or 10,000,000 to 20,000,000cr. That way you still have to “play the game” to earn them but without the pressure of making a calendar appointment. Would also help any new buyers who are screwed otherwise.

They can make it less annoying for the players by introducing the "backstage pass" as called in fh4. But make it such that you can jump in any week and grind points in the festival playlist (say 40pts slot for a backstage pass i.e. equivalent of 1 repeat car, instead of actually repeating a car) that you can spend to acquire a car from an older series playlist. Say you get a backstage pass in Series 20, you should be able to claim any reward car from the previous 19 Series. None of that players' vote.

The best way obviously would to add them to the autoshow, but that means people would log on, on the day of the update, rush through everything new, try the new cars and disappear till the next month. This on the other hand, would require a bit of effort and the same amount of engagement time as before while giving the players who missed a car or those who want to get a duplicate the chance to get the car.

So, this tire profile thing. Are there any early shots of this? I'm intrigued by how this will work. Bigger tires overall? I'd love to lift a VW Pickup on some bigger tires.
Nothing yet - we'll see tomorrow in the livestream probably.

Really hoping it will actually make a significant visual difference on cars - and that it's available on the majority of road cars and all tire compounds. I am preparing to be whelmed though.
I feel they need to be somewhere other than the Auction House or Forzathon shop, as the FOMO is frustrating on those that genuinely can’t make it to each week’s playlist. The Auction House has limited supply and is full of snipers, whereas the Forzathon shop has effectively no supply.

I’d be totally fine with a separate Autoshow where each car can be bought for something like 500-1,000 Forzathon Points, or 10,000,000 to 20,000,000cr. That way you still have to “play the game” to earn them but without the pressure of making a calendar appointment. Would also help any new buyers who are screwed otherwise.
Yep this would also be a great idea. Forzathon points as they currently stand are pretty obsolete, would actually give them a lot more usefulness. You might actually see another player in Horizon Arcade for once!

I wouldn't mind having a chance to get cars I missed, but I'm just left wishing they'd put them in the forzathon shop more often instead of autoshow car #347. For instance, I missed the 917LH and I've been really wanting to try it out recently.

It gives wheelspins way more value for FH5 veterans but PG still gets to retain most of the fomo elements it wishes to have with the current festival playlist model. All of the wheelspins you get in the playlist now would be actually kinda useful.

I have to agree with this very post. The wheelspin thing could work in that regard. They did it in the Hot Wheels update, but PG has no interest in adding the rest to the wheelspin rotation. Why? The two dark words = player engagement.

I own all exclusive cars. But if they add it to autoshow I would be all for it.

There are two reasons.
One is to make it easier to obtain copies of my favorite models.
I would rather use the space in my garage to enjoy my favorite models in different tunes and livery than to collect all cars.
However, in FH5, exclusive cars are much less likely to be available again, which makes it very difficult to do so. And often the model I want is not on listed on the AH.

And another reason is that I already have no more room in my garage.
It has only been a little over a year since FH5 was released. But I already have over 900 cars in my garage and the countdown to the garage limit has already begun.

And the biggest factor causing and exacerbating this situation is the exclusive cars.
As mentioned above, FH5 has greatly reduced the opportunities to reacquire exclusive cars.
This makes it difficult to let go of those cars, and many of them are consuming garage space simply because they are "exclusive" cars. (especially the Extreme E)
If they were added to autoshow, I could get rid of those models that I don't like and easily save space for dozens of cars.

Last edited:
I have every car and have forced myself to play even when I haven't really been feeling it or even when I've been busy. I have thought for ages why Playlist cars aren't put into wheelspins, Barn Finds too.

Last edited:
It'd certainly at the very least give us a chance to get a delorean, instead of waiting for a 20 million CR one to pop up on the auction house...

This wouldn't be a particularly bad idea, especially as Wheelspins appear to have a certain RNG that's geared to give you cars you don't already own; I own every car available in the base game, and have done since about four months after launch. As soon as the HW cars were added to the shuffle, the next three cars I won were the new additions. When they announced the Midnight Battles, I sold off the Murcielago for a profit, and lo and behold, the next car I won in a Wheelspin? Another Murcielago.

I mean, it could just be blind luck on my part (and IIRC VIP membership makes the wheelspins likely to give better prizes), but its a bit too much of a coincidence in my book. If this really is how it works, then adding the Playlist cars would easily placate the situation somewhat. Even if a certain player doesn't win them, them being more readily available would lower prices in the Auction House and drive down the frustration for a lot of people.

An alternative solution is to shuffle the rewards for the Midnight Battles every month or so and maybe do a community vote a la the Backstage in FH4 for the four cars people would want implemented.

Last edited:
So what does everyone think we will get for Midnights at Horizon? I personally just hope for one car, it is the third most requested car on the forums and it's perfect for both the upcoming rally-themed expansion as well as the midnight tuner vibes of the series.

gr-yaris-portada-1-1605350287.jpg

Please PG, make it happen, it has been long overdue now to have this in the game. Unless PD has an exclusive license for this, but I would hope it's only for a year after the GT7 launch date, which has already passed, so please lets get it in FH5 in the next update.

Hard to say what they'd be going with. The GR Yaris would be a great headliner addition as it kinda fits the tuner vibe as you mentioned, if that is what they're going for. Going off of cars in the files, other good additions would be the EM1 Civic, the Del Sol, the FTO or the Dodge Stealth. The Mk. 8 Golf R might be worth a shout; I have no basis other than 'neon decorations' being a big feature next month and the new Golfs have a fancy front light bar which works with the theming. :lol:

Whatever solution is used in FH5 for exclusive cars, be it similar to the FH4 backstage pass or different, the main requirement is that it should be able to help people who didn't play the game from the start or missed a chunk of time and want to catch up their garage. If it only helps you out for a missed week that won't help many players.

If I look at FH4: I played at launch then didn't play for like 2 years, after which I started catching up my garage completion %. With the help of all DLC, all car show cars, many playlist rewards and ~50 cars from backstage pass I am now on 718/753 unique cars, but I doubt I'll get them all since most of the remnants are not on backstage and haven't popped up in seasons since I started seriously working at completion in 2021.

Furthermore, Backstage Passes have stopped working for me: Something about only being able to earn a backstage pass associated with a particular season once, and if they repeat the season the backstage pass won't pop for you again. AH sniping definitely won't help me get further, so I am now reliant on them repeating the seasons I haven't yet completed to squeeze a few more. I suspect 720-725 is the absolute limit for me by now.

So yeah, a different system to backstage passes would be good for anyone starting the game recently (18 months after launch) who wants to achieve 100% garage completion in FH5.

P.S. Opening up the car collection page in FH5 and seeing 680/680 does make all my efforts to not miss a single week worth it. Thankfully it's not ever been a slog to collect cars, since every time I start playing I swiftly remember how much fun this game is and enjoy myself thoroughly for the 1-2 hours needed to reach the required points.

This wouldn't be a particularly bad idea, especially as Wheelspins appear to have a certain RNG that's geared to give you cars you don't already own; I own every car available in the base game, and have done since about four months after launch. As soon as the HW cars were added to the shuffle, the next three cars I won were the new additions. When they announced the Midnight Battles, I sold off the Murcielago for a profit, and lo and behold, the next car I won in a Wheelspin? Another Murcielago.

I mean, it could just be blind luck on my part (and IIRC VIP membership makes the wheelspins likely to give better prizes), but its a bit too much of a coincidence in my book. If this really is how it works, then adding the Playlist cars would easily placate the situation somewhat. Even if a certain player doesn't win them, them being more readily available would lower prices in the Auction House and drive down the frustration for a lot of people.

An alternative solution is to shuffle the rewards for the Midnight Battles every month or so and maybe do a community vote a la the Backstage in FH4 for the four cars people would want implemented.
I experience exactly the same when I sell off cars just before a new series starts. I sell off cars that are rewards for the next series for profit (I'm going for 999,999,999 credits). Wheelspins nearly always give me the cars back before I've won them via an event. A good example would be this series, I've sold 4 Hoonigan Trucks. Admittedly the one I sold before the series started went for the most and each subsequent Truck sold for less and less.

I totally agree with @INEEDNAWZZZ there does seem to a certain RNG to the wheelspins to give you back cars you've recently sold.

As for the best way to help players get cars they've missed? I'd definitely go with the return of Backstage Passes or add them to Super Wheelspins. Super Wheelspins would make them available to all players but aren't as common as normal 'spins, thus keeping them rareish but available to all

Last edited:
I spend more time clearing out duplicates from my garage so I can receive the new cars than I do racing to get the new cars...
I always sell or gift my instantly from the wheelspin page when I win them. I'm searching the AH at the moment trying to get lucky for a 2nd Brat but I'm yet to see one in store.

I experience exactly the same when I sell off cars just before a new series starts. I sell off cars that are rewards for the next series for profit (I'm going for 999,999,999 credits). Wheelspins nearly always give me the cars back before I've won the via an event. A good example would be this series, I've sold 4 Hoonigan Trucks. Admittedly the one I sold before the series started went for the most and each subsequent Truck sold for less and less.
The Auction House is a fickle beast; I purchased another Extreme E from the Forzathon shop a few weeks back with the intention of flipping it and only ended up getting about 100k. The more accessible Veloster however ended up being bought out for about 1.8 mil minutes after I put it up. I mean, that is the gamble you take, and for what its worth I really don't need the money (I'm sat at about 468 mil, all earnt through legitimate means). Its just curious that people will sometimes ignore a relatively low buyout for a Playlist exclusive car, but will impulse buy a Wheelspin exclusive one just to avoid having to deal with the RNG. I bought a second 240Z yesterday, and was expecting 20 mil pricetags across the board but weirdly, they were only around 1.9 - 2. Again, just very strange how the pricing works when it comes to the AH.
Can't we just get the Infiniti Q60S or the Lexus LC 500 and be over with it? I'm bored of the concept version of the Infiniti coupe which was recently discontinued, and these brands are lacking in variety. GR Yaris would be a hoot as well.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Q50 Eau Rouge return, since it'll probably never see the light again in any other game, unless they let PD scan it for GT in the future. Still surprised they've never brought back the IS300 / Altezza either.

Speaking of the Auction House, as part of my garage clearance, this was last Wednesday...

View attachment 1243003

And 20m for a 992 GT3 on top of that...
Ah the beautiful Gunther Werks. One of my favourite in game cars, a true beauty.

The Auction House is a fickle beast; I purchased another Extreme E from the Forzathon shop a few weeks back with the intention of flipping it and only ended up getting about 100k. The more accessible Veloster however ended up being bought out for about 1.8 mil minutes after I put it up. I mean, that is the gamble you take, and for what its worth I really don't need the money (I'm sat at about 468 mil, all earnt through legitimate means). Its just curious that people will sometimes ignore a relatively low buyout for a Playlist exclusive car, but will impulse buy a Wheelspin exclusive one just to avoid having to deal with the RNG. I bought a second 240Z yesterday, and was expecting 20 mil pricetags across the board but weirdly, they were only around 1.9 - 2. Again, just very strange how the pricing works when it comes to the AH.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Q50 Eau Rouge return, since it'll probably never see the light again in any other game, unless they let PD scan it for GT in the future. Still surprised they've never brought back the IS300 / Altezza either.
The AH is a fickle beast. I presold the Extreme E cars before this series started. One went for 20 million the others both about 800,000. All my credits are 100% legit too.

Back