Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,358 comments
I don't think I would want a different stock Beetle. However, I will be distinctly disappointed if they don't add an OEM package in FH5 that makes the 63 Beetle the exterior of this modern Beetle.
Adding a modern style OEM package, and a taxi signs as a body kit for the 63 Beetle may not be the most notable feature of the game.
But it would certainly be a nice addition that would put us in the mood for Mexico.

That's already in FH4, just use the "waiting" emote and your character will stand there doing nothing and looking bored.
That has been my emote since the start. My avatar is just a regular-looking dude in plain clothes, looking bemused while the others are dancing around like lunatics in their weird costumes.

And as such, my emote is a perfect representation of my actual self.

Three different versions, in fact. 1963 Beetle, 1969 Class 5/1600 Baja Bug, and 1970 Desert Dingo Racing Stock Bug. The Beetle, or Vocho as @Nacho Libre pointed out, has a pretty amazing history in Mexico. Imports began in 1954, and the importer entered seven of them in the 1954 Carrera Panamericana. All seven had stock engines, and all seven finished the race. It was an impressive show of reliability, and it was an immediate hit. VW of Mexico began building Beetles in 1961 and production ran to 2003. When production ended in Europe, Mexican Beetles were reverse imported back to the Fatherland. It was also the most popular taxi in Mexico City for decades. There was a final ”Sedán Última Edición” that came in two colors, Aquarius Blue with Franell Grey interior and Harvest Moon Beige with Black interior, and I would love to see that added to FH5.View attachment 1061685View attachment 1061686View attachment 1061687
I just find it hilarious that they produced this body style until 2003...

I wonder whether east means Yucatán Peninsula? Tulum sure looks nice.

fab6b5f03e66bb144875992631973f01-tulum-ruins.jpg

Last edited:

In the gameplay demo video the ruins are located in Uxmal, which indeed is in the Yucatan Peninsula, but inland. It is worth noting that they are past a huge monumental bridge (minute 1:12 of the video) that is nowhere near that location (it's most likely a bridge in Veracruz, an eastern state along the Gulf of Mexico). The canyon at 4:34 are the Copper Canyons, which are in Chihuahua, a northern state that borders the USA. I think that the map will be as accurate as the Shadow of the Tomb Raider's depiction of Peru! 😂 But I'm OK with it.

Last edited:
Yeah, they are capturing an enormous amount of geography into this map...like tens of thousands of square miles of real life area... I hope they pull it off better than they did in FH3, because that felt pretty unreal. I honestly wouldn't mind a split map like how they've done with Fortune/Storm island. West Mexico & East Mexico, that way the environments won't feel so contrived. This would also aleviate the "but shouldn't Mexico City be around here somewhere?" issue. 😂 I doubt they would do that though. I'm sure it will be a fun map either way.

Last edited:
Sounds good.

Unless someone has hit the refresh button on YouTube 4,999,999 times 😂
Or there's a paid campaign on that video, that helps too.

There is a lot of hype though, hopefully the game delivers 🙂
Now I'm starting to wonder if GT7's trailer did the same too. Lol 😜 🤣

Any news is better than nothing. And hey, there could be new cars and possible new environments showcased as well. The game is damn gorgeous! 👏

There are 11 biomes, right? Which ones have we seen?
Guanajuato
seaside town (may or may not include sandy beaches)
rain forest with Mayan pyramid
desert (may or may not include sand dunes)
volcano
canyon
stadium?

Now I'm starting to wonder if GT7's trailer did the same too. Lol 😜 🤣
From experience, most publishers will not necessarily “push” the announce trailer, but closer to launch would push the Feature Trailer or Launch/Accolades Trailer.

Another way to go about it is to create 6 second cut-downs which are uses solely for ads, however those are technically separate videos.

From experience, most publishers will not necessarily “push” the announce trailer, but closer to launch would push the Feature Trailer or Launch/Accolades Trailer.

Another way to go about it is to create 6 second cut-downs which are uses solely for ads, however those are technically separate videos.
Ahh okay. I noticed Mario Golf is doing the same thing right now because it's launching this month, though it's Interesting to know such a experience. Thank you for sharing PJ. 👍

This FH5 stream has been interesting with the Sky tech and weather effects. Seriously, the game looks freaking real due to its new lighting. Definitely defeats FH4 in all those departments and that game already looked good.

Next stream they be showcasing engine sounds (oh boy!), so be sure to tune in to that one fam. 😀

One little but very noticeable thing I hope they improve on: FH4's whole thing with zapping you to a big yawning white void the moment you cross the finish line? It sucks. In FH3, I always kept cosmetic damage on because it was really something to watch my roughed-up, dirt-caked car cross the line in cool slo-mo with the crowd cheering in the background. Teleporting me to some kind of THX-1138 nowhere-space instead took a lot out of the presentation.

One little but very noticeable thing I hope they improve on: FH4's whole thing with zapping you to a big yawning white void the moment you cross the finish line? It sucks. In FH3, I always kept cosmetic damage on because it was really something to watch my roughed-up, dirt-caked car cross the line in cool slo-mo with the crowd cheering in the background. Teleporting me to some kind of THX-1138 nowhere-space instead took a lot out of the presentation.
Ohhh now that you've mentioned it, I too hope FH5 changes from FH4's white voids haha. Let's stick within the world. That needs to be in Q&A for PG to anwser!

Not sure if these two little tidbits of info from the Forza Discord have shown up here so far, but here we are just in case.

7A9BBBE3-C11D-4EDE-BB05-005E7394BE59.png

D583C30E-D819-4DBB-A89E-F1B5806D4B63.png

That second one stood out for me as they tried custom community(?) tracks in seasonals a little while after the course creator arrived with varying degrees of success.

This if true, could certainly improve the long term replayability for players. 🤔

Absolutely. I booted up FH3 getting bored with FH3 the other day, and it was remarkable how much more immersive it feels. The white void zones of FH4 totally take me out of the environment...makes it feel like a game inside of a game somehow. When you initiate a street race in FH3, it kind of feels like you're in the scene...it feels special. On the subject, I would love if they went a step further and actually preserved dirt and grime on your cars after races, until you wash them. Would go a lot further in building immersion and a sense of ownership.

I think FH3 also had more clarity to its visuals (at least on base Xbox One) that I hope returns in the next game. FH4 feels, by comparison, kind of muddy and nondistinct. One huge difference between the two games is the brightness of artificial lights at night. I can't tell you how many times I've ran into pedestrian vehicles at night in FH4 because both the tail lights and headlights are very dim and sort of blend into the rest of the environment. In FH3 you can see other cars at night from a very long way off, the headlights are super bright and distinctive. The sky itself is also miles better, particularly at night, in FH3.

Even besides the accuracy of the sounds, FH3 blows FH4 away in audio clarity as well. If you compare two cars that sound roughly accurate in both games (the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 for instance) the sound in FH3 is far clearer, more nuanced, has more range, and is better "located". In FH4 it sounds technically accurate, but it's so mushy sounding that it's ultimately pretty joyless - chase cam exhaust sounds have way too much white noise engine sound and zero hard edge while interior sounds are totally lifeless. The same car in FH3 sounds absolutely stunning - the chase cam exhaust has that characteristic sharp, whipping noise of a high strung Porsche flat 6 and the interior has the booming intake resonance. The sound quality is so good you want to drive different cars just to hear them....something I never do in FH4.

FH3 is a pretty great game all in all, it just has a disappointing map. FH4 has a marginally better map and far better ongoing support, at the cost of just about everything else. I hope FH5 rights the ship!

There are 11 biomes, right? Which ones have we seen?
Guanajuato
seaside town (may or may not include sandy beaches)
rain forest with Mayan pyramid
desert (may or may not include sand dunes)
volcano
canyon
stadium?
Speaking of biomes, what is the definition of the it with regards to the game itself? Googled the term but didn't really understood it in terms for the game's environment.

Back