Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,076 comments
I would of loved to see the new Land Rover Defender added to Horizon 4 it would of suited the British setting more?

Never say never, they added the McLaren Senna in Forza Motorsport 7 and they haven't yet finished updating Horizon 4.

Same thing for the Jaguar XJR-15, I think it deserves to be one of the last cars to be added in FH4, if not the last.

E33imsuWEAAICzV

Map scale.
I would love to see someone add the first two maps at scale so we can see the full progression from 1 to 5.

With the prospect of new customisation for our driver in the new game do you think we will also get the option to choose if we want to have a victory/showboat or just be 'boring' and not have one.

For me this is the only thing I do not like about the current game as most players always choose the annoying victory/showboats but I would like the option to turn that off as I think that part of the drivatar's personality is a bit too generic and more 'provocative' than a real person would be.

Very least give us a neutral or 'meh' pose so I can say I don't really care at the end of the race.

With the prospect of new customisation for our driver in the new game do you think we will also get the option to choose if we want to have a victory/showboat or just be 'boring' and not have one.

For me this is the only thing I do not like about the current game as most players always choose the annoying victory/showboats but I would like the option to turn that off as I think that part of the drivatar's personality is a bit too generic and more 'provocative' than a real person would be.

Very least give us a neutral or 'meh' pose so I can say I don't really care at the end of the race.

That's already in FH4, just use the "waiting" emote and your character will stand there doing nothing and looking bored.

What I would really like is a full body editor instead of choosing from a gallery that is not even close to represent me. If not, I'm just going to pick the girl that wears all the clothes best! :D

That AMG one looks sicks and sounds not too bad.

Hopefully they also allow us to remove the tops off cars that have the ability IRL like the F50, Carrera GT, CCX and MC12 for example.

So I've had this idea for quite a while now and it fits both Horizon and Motorsport, but it can really shine in the former. "Mechanic's Special", but it's not what you're thinking if the words sound familiar.

It's an in-depth, extensive customization feature where a select number of cars have access to more customization parts than others on the roster. Instrument clusters; interior colors and seating options; suspension; engine building (only place you'll find crate engines); transmissions; restoration parts for classics, etc, etc.

You would receive tips (like barn finds) on where to discover these cars, but unlike barn finds you're given the exact location on where to find them. You're not uncovering a classic left to rot in a garage, you're driving up to the location where the car is being sold — you purchase it and go on about your business. From here, you'd wait a few minutes (no more five; wouldn't want to cast aside the illusion entirely) and once it's ready for repairs, you can begin planning what it is that you want to do.

Imagine taking a '69 Camaro into one of these special garages sprinkled across the map, spending an hour (or more!) fine tuning everything to your heart's content, and out comes what's basically a Red Devil or a meaner variant with a widebody kit. That's the kind of thing that adds replay value without ever setting a tire to pavement, and even better new parts (and cars!) would be added every so often. Of course, once you've purchased the remains, it will be a permanent unlock in the garage menu. You'll be able to build as many as you want, so long as you have the pockets to stomach the cost.

So I've had this idea for quite a while now and it fits both Horizon and Motorsport, but it can really shine in the former. "Mechanic's Special", but it's not what you're thinking if the words sound familiar.

It's an in-depth, extensive customization feature where a select number of cars have access to more customization parts than others on the roster. Instrument clusters; interior colors and seating options; suspension; engine building (only place you'll find crate engines); transmissions; restoration parts for classics, etc, etc.

You would receive tips (like barn finds) on where to discover these cars, but unlike barn finds you're given the exact location on where to find them. You're not uncovering a classic left to rot in a garage, you're driving up to the location where the car is being sold — you purchase it and go on about your business. From here, you'd wait a few minutes (no more five; wouldn't want to cast aside the illusion entirely) and once it's ready for repairs, you can begin planning what it is that you want to do.

Imagine taking a '69 Camaro into one of these special garages sprinkled across the map, spending an hour (or more!) fine tuning everything to your heart's content, and out comes what's basically a Red Devil or a meaner variant with a widebody kit. That's the kind of thing that adds replay value without ever setting a tire to pavement, and even better new parts (and cars!) would be added every so often. Of course, once you've purchased the remains, it will be a permanent unlock in the garage menu. You'll be able to build as many as you want, so long as you have the pockets to stomach the cost.

I really like this. I think we are where we are with customization because PG has chosen to include so many vehicles...it's become unmanageable to have deep customization considering the magnitude of those included. If we had, say, 20-50 cars with enhanced customization (including interior, modeled engine modifications, etc) options, that would be awesome.

I really like this. I think we are where we are with customization because PG has chosen to include so many vehicles...it's become unmanageable to have deep customization considering the magnitude of those included. If we had, say, 20-50 cars with enhanced customization (including interior, modeled engine modifications, etc) options, that would be awesome.

It could also be a way to add a little RPG element if parts were rewarded for finishing first in a race series or something. As much as NFS has gone down the drain as of late, exhaust tuning is absolutely brilliant. I'd love to see that implemented as well.

That improvement alone could help reset my sentiment towards this franchise. I still find the GUI/UX maddening, but if they can nail the sound quality, I probably won't notice. (I mean, if they fix the GUI/UX, also, that would be even better).

I still don't love how they handle their world building and I really doubt they will change their approach any time soon. But...judging by the complete lack of good alternatives (The Crew isn't that, IMO) than I guess FH it is...

Last edited:
That improvement alone could help reset my sentiment towards this franchise. I still find the GUI/UX maddening, but if they can nail the sound quality, I probably won't notice. (I mean, if they fix the GUI/UX, also, that would be even better).
What in particular do you think they should fix?

Well, I read an errant Twitter in the morning where a PG employee boasted about they could now show what they had been working for the past 2 years. So the 2 year development cycle is back, apparently, and maybe the improved sounds are part of that.

... I guess we'll see as they reveal more about that game

Knowing T10/PG, the fact that they're publically acknowledging the issue means they likely have something good in store. They don't usually mention something like this unless they actually are working on fixing it and giving it some thought. That's just how I feel though; maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell, as usual.

Last edited:
That's already in FH4, just use the "waiting" emote and your character will stand there doing nothing and looking bored.

Ah! I did not know that one was for that purpose, guess I shall change that when I play this week's season later today as standing looking bored does fit my personality.

Well, I read an errant Twitter in the morning where a PG employee boasted about they could now show what they had been working for the past 2 years. So the 2 year development cycle is back, apparently, and maybe the improved sounds are part of that.

By my calculations and guesswork, this will have been the longest dev time a Horizon has had since the first game (if not longer)

Pre-Production for FH5 probably started just before FH4 shipped (a small team of department heads most likely) and they would've been concepting ideas, locations etc. Then as FH4 shipped, slowly more of the teams would've moved over to the FH5 team.

Once both expansions had been complete (so probably late May/June 2019), pretty much all of the FH4 Forza team would've moved over to FH5, barring a small live service team (the same team that has been bringing Series updates to FH4). On top of this, PG have been hiring like mad for both the Forza and Fable teams, so both teams have been expanding too.

So full production of FH5 would've started around May/June 2019, with the concepting, pre-production etc already done. By the time FH5 releases on November 9th 2021, it will have been 29-30 months of full production.

If Horizon had been on it's usual schedule, that time would have only been 17-18 months. So a lot of extra dev time.

Now of course they had to deal with covid, so that would've slowed production down a bit. But still. I think the extra dev time shows and hopefully continues to show as more details are revealed.

Last edited:
Knowing T10/PG, the fact that they're publically acknowledging the issue means they likely have something good in store. They don't usually mention something like this unless they actually are working on fixing it and giving it some thought. That's just how I feel though; maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell, as usual.
I would expect car sounds to improve somewhat, but realistically, I'm not expecting anywhere near Gran Turismo level of sounds.

I still wonder about the customization though, because that's where I'm interested in too, besides 100 new wheels, new bodykits, paintable brake calipers and all that.

Last edited:
You have been tree'd upthread.
My bad. When I watched this I was actually hoping to get a glimpse of Mexican car culture, but no. And online I can't find more than lowriders. Looking forward to seeing how PG will deliver on the car culture aspect of the game. Something they truly nailed with Australia and the U.K.

Do we know this for definite or could that employee have only joined/moved to the team 2 years ago? It's not uncommon for people to move between projects

Last edited:

Them publicly announcing and acknowledging the issue is one thing. Whether would that apply to all of the average car sounds we've heard in FH4, that's another.

If I'm optimistic, then they would fix most, if not all of the car sounds issues.

Realistically? Maybe just the new cars and maybe half of the rosters.

Can't wait for the game nonetheless.

Them publicly announcing and acknowledging the issue is one thing. Whether would that apply to all of the average car sounds we've heard in FH4, that's another.

If I'm optimistic, then they would fix most, if not all of the car sounds issues.

Realistically? Maybe just the new cars and maybe half of the rosters.

Can't wait for the game nonetheless.

If they've decided on a standard system/approach they're using to improve the sounds, it's possible that at launch x% will be improved, but that team could continue working on improving more sounds throughout the first year of the game, if they spend the first year focused solely on FH5.

Back