Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,908 comments
All I'm interested is the cars confirmed for the game. Hope "some" manufacturers won't pull out at the last minute before game launches (I'm looking at you Mitsubishi) or they pull a Toyota situation.

They're being very coy about the car list at the moment; (understandable, game has just been revealed)

“We’re not really discussing the full details of the car list just yet and so I’m going to have to be a little nonspecific,” concedes Brown. “But I would say that Mexico does have a really, really quite interesting car culture. As soon as you speak to any Mexicans they relax when they start to tell you, in much the same way that Aussies did in Horizon 3.”

“There is a culture the rest of the world may not have full awareness off, but once you start to dig into it, there’s real great history there. There are really great stories behind it all. We’ve enjoyed finding out about that and I think players will as well.”

“I’m sorry I can’t give you a better answer in terms of the specific details of the car list, but I think you can rest assured that Mexico has a great car culture and Horizon 5 will do a great job of sharing it for the world.”

As long as the PC specs remain reasonable then I hope it'll be decently optimised for me to continue running on my 2060

More from the IGN article. Weather is no longer universal in Horizon. Affects different biomes in different ways.

However, while the map itself seems to take more cues from the similarly-varied Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 4’s philosophy regarding shifting seasonal changes has been retained and improved.

“Mexico has, I would say, a more interesting seasonality compared to the UK,” says Brown. “I think the UK, certainly for those people who live in a temperate climate, has really pronounced spring, summer, autumn, winter. Mexico, being a country that has huge elevation changes and obviously quite a large country, has different seasonality in different regions, which we’ve tried to recreate as accurately as possible.”

Brown describes that, unlike Forza Horizon 4 where the weather is universal and “if it’s raining in Edinburgh, it’s raining everywhere else in the world as well”, Forza Horizon 5’s Mexico will support different weather conditions across different parts of the map.

“It creates great scenarios where you can have snow on top of the volcano and you can go up there and you can even get blizzards up there, while at the exact same time down on the coast it can be blazing hot,” says Brown. “It’s still four seasons – you’ll still see that seasonality change – but it affects the different biomes in different ways. You get dust storms in the dry season, you get tropical storms in storm season, which is autumn. So there’s these big, massive weather events that can occur as well based on which season you’re in. Both of those are just really dynamic; they have a really great impact on the driving experience.”

I figured I would look at my post from this thread and see if any of it was addressed in the reveal...

- Less freedom. I know it sounds weird, but Horizon has really reached the "too much of a good thing" in this regard. I love being able to create my own races, but give me a goal to strive for in the process! Stories and the seasonal events are fine side things, but the game needs an overarching purpose.

They made it seem like there was some sort of story, although it kind of sounded like FH3 where you are just opening new hubs. Hopefully there is more to it than that.

- Change the theme. The EDM thing was cool in the first game, but it's really become an odd fit for what the game has become. Since it's pretty much become a game about car culture in general, I wouldn't mind seeing a "Festival of Speed" style theme.

I don't recall seeing the festival at all in the trailer, so the jury is still out on this one.

- Bigger map. I probably ruined Horizon for myself by playing ATS/ETS as a map that only takes a handful of minutes to go across the entire thing doesn't do much for me anymore. Obviously a giant map like that won't happen in Horizon, but twice the size of the current standard shouldn't be outside the realm of possibility next generation.

The map is 1.5 the size of FH4, so it is bigger, hopefully that translates into an interesting map as well.

One additional thing I will say is I'm glad they seem to be embracing Horizon as an arcade title, I think it will give the game a much clearer direction.

Last edited:
It can't possibly be a single map, as the stone arches are in the southern tip of the Baja peninsula, the volcano and the city of Guanajuato are in central Mexico and the Mayan ruins are in the south east. Maybe we will have a central map and other regions will be accessible through the airport (like in FH3.)

One additional thing I will say is I'm glad they seem to be embracing Horizon as an arcade title, I think it will give the game a much clearer direction.

If the single player stuff hopefully gets tightened up to keep people invested with a clear direction and an endgame then that's great. I don't really give a toss what they do with the multiplayer modes.

While I haven't played it much as of late, FH4 has officially reached the point where I'll only ever think of the new thing and immediately lose interest. :lol:

I'll still play it sparingly until November, but I think this is officially goodbye to FH4 for me.

While I haven't played it much as of late, FH4 has official reached the point where I'll only ever think of the new thing and immediately lose interest :lol:

I'll still play it sparingly until November, but I think this is officially goodbye to FH4 for me.

I'm at a similar point as to only really be playing FH4 to continue with writing the seasonal and content updates. Once PG announces the end of those, I'll be packing up FH4.

The good thing is, yeah I will need to clear the SSD space for FH4 (80+ GB!) when it's time, but I can still play some as a legacy title on the One X that I still have around.

How smart are these guys at a time when crossovers, SUVs and 4x4s are the thing now and in the future.

I'll be getting a new Series X as well. Bought my 4K tv for GT7, but it'll come in handy for FH5.👍

This will no doubt be a solid game, but it just looks like Horizon 4 in Mexico. Haven’t seen anything so far to get me excited. I just hope that the single player campaign is structured and has something to work towards this time.

Okay, didn't expect to get another Horizon next. I really thought they were sticking to their pattern, but they broke it now.

It looks like fun, the visuals are an improvement so far from FH4 and the car selection so far looks promising. Can't wait to drive the new Bronco and AMG ONE. I even like that they're going to aim for different weather per area, that can improve the gameplay variety over the last game. The last exciting thing is the idea is being able to have more options for custom events.

With that said, I hope this means there's certain aspects improved aswell like the livery editor, parts customization, and the route creator.

This will no doubt be a solid game, but it just looks like Horizon 4 in Mexico. Haven’t seen anything so far to get me excited. I just hope that the single player campaign is structured and has something to work towards this time.
I know I’m not the only the one that thought this, I know they’re on the old engine, but why not just wait until the new engine was available.

I’m not trying to sound ungrateful, and I’m glad FH5 is being released this year, but at the same time what will be the main differences between FH4 and FH5 besides slightly better graphics and a different sandbox ?

It can't possibly be a single map, as the stone arches are in the southern tip of the Baja peninsula, the volcano and the city of Guanajuato are in central Mexico and the Mayan ruins are in the south east. Maybe we will have a central map and other regions will be accessible through the airport (like in FH3.)
The southernmost and northernmost landmarks in FH4 are 350 miles apart in real life, and it would take you 90 minutes to drive from Bamburgh Castle to Edinburgh Castle.

FH maps are inspired by real places and feature some real landmarks, but they're not exactly 1:1 recreations. They don't even feature real roads...

I’m not trying to sound ungrateful, and I’m glad FH5 is being released this year, but at the same time what will be the main differences between FH4 and FH5 besides slightly better graphics and a different sandbox ?

$$$

PG has the racing market for themselves this holiday season (Dirt and F1 games are perhaps a bit too niche for the casual player). There's nothing worthy of mention coming from Ubisoft and EA regarding the future of The Crew and NFS, so might as well benefit from it by releasing another title as a last hurrah to the current gen engine. It will be fundamentaly similar to FH4 (and FH3/2) at its core yes, and that's not necessarily a bad thing; without even trying it we know what to expect out of the handling physics, which while not up to everyone's liking, are miles better than NFS and The Crew.

pmdgfii033571.png

DLC Info for FH5.

Confirms the usual two expansions + Return of Formula Drift in the Car Pass.

Also Car Pass is now 1 car per week not 2.

Back