Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,322 comments
The steam description for FH5 is slightly different to the one from the support article, confirms a few things.

After that, it’s time for Gift Drops, like a personalized Barn Find Blueprint. Tune a car, paint it, then leave it hidden for others to find somewhere on the map. It’s a whole new way to share your prized cars with friends or others online.

So the gifting doesn't seem to work exactly like FM4/FH1 (which was the series last inclusion of the feature)

It would seem that maybe there will be random barns out there that you can place cars in for other people (maybe you can set this just for friends, not randoms) to collect and you can collect one yourself.

All these features and so much more are layered into our deepest Horizon experience yet, featuring all new customization options like 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades like body kits, wheels and paint options, and thousands of performance upgrades. We’ve also completely overhauled the user interface for systems like tuning and painting to improve usability and efficiency. Even the character customization is getting enhanced, with a more diverse cast of selectable characters, customizable hairstyles, the ability to select prosthetic limbs, pronouns, voices, and clothing.

So the UI for Tuning/Painting is getting an overhaul which is great. The wording made it seem like something else potentially but glad to hear they've been working on this.

Also new paint options and wheels. Wheels specifically mentioned after already stating 100 new rims, so perhaps this could be the inclusion of more tires with branded tire lettering?

Lots of good stuff in these trailers. I'm excited for it.

I'm much more interested in game modes and things to do than I am in cars. Really glad to see Eliminator being carried over - I've played a lot of that. I'm quite interested in the improvements to chat - TBH, the current chat is so bad, I've switched it off.

In terms of my own personal wishlist, I'd like to expand on @TealYellowOwl's comment and say I really hope they get rid of the "AWD all the things" approach that is basically essential in FH4. I'd like to see the suspension options being further enhanced, with "rally" not really being usable in an offroad setting (we'd want a Safari/Dakar/Baja style kit).

I hope that the wheel support is still there.

It took me some time to recognise that thing besides the 720S in the trailer. But then it sank in. It's that dang XJR-15. :dopey:

I... I just couldn't believe that we are finally getting it featured in a modern racing game!

For some reason I thought that 720 was actually a McLaren GT. didn't even notice the Jaguar but very glad to see the XJR-15 in a game again.

There are few things in FH4 that i would really love to be expanded on FH5.
  1. Adjustable track length in tune settings, rather than in the upgrade menu.
  2. Let players fit a wider variety of small-sized rims in cars with large-sized rims like you could do with most SUVs and some pick-up trucks (Chevy Colorado, MB X-Class). If Horizon devs allow us fitting 19-inch rims in a classic american muscle cars, why can't we slap 14/15-inch rims in modern sports cars?
  3. On the subject of rims, let players be able to choose different rim models for each individual car's axle. You can do this when choosing rim size, why not for rim models?
  4. Give tuners the option to lock/unlock their own tune/upgrades settings when sharing to the public.
  5. Let players choose whenever they want or not their custom front bumper/rear spoiler/wing to have adjustable aero. Also make the modern wings fit correctly into a modern car's styling.
  6. More widebody/fender flare options.

Talking about player houses, the Horizon devs should turn them into free fast travel points in the map menu to make them more useful. Make them as an alternative to regular fast travel while players haven't smashed most, if not, all fast travel boards to make it cheap or free.

Personally, i don't recall them being that useful in FH4 from a gameplay perspective besides being starting points to choose when booting the game.

Last edited:
Talking about player houses, the Horizon devs should turn them into free fast travel points in the map menu to make them more useful. Make them as an alternative to regular fast travel while players haven't smashed most, if not, all fast travel boards to make it cheap or free.

Personally, i don't recall them being that useful in FH4 from a gameplay perspective besides being starting points to choose when booting the game.

I have no idea how fast travel boards work at all in FH4 game, I have smashed most of them but have no idea how to travel quickly afterwards...

Gift Drop looks really interesting, because I always thought Forza Horizon 4 could have benefited from some sort of car trading system. It looks like we'll be able to use Gift Drop to that capacity, or at the very least, just share rare cars with people who doesn't have them. This could be our very own wonder trade. I'm all for it! 👍

I'm interested in seeing what EventLab is going to be like, because I'm pretty sure that's where I'll spend majority of my time after I'm done with the singleplayer campaign + Horizon Story portion of the game (which should last me good 30~50 hours if the volume is similar to the past games). If the it's what I'm hoping it is - Blueprint races with Super 7 customizability - then I'll be all set until the next Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo 7's release date :D

But my biggest question is - will my 1070 PC actually be able to run this thing? It looks super impressive, and I'm a little scared. Maybe it's about time I track down if there's a Series X on stock somewhere nearby...

I have no idea how fast travel boards work at all in FH4 game, I have smashed most of them but have no idea how to travel quickly afterwards...
You have to own the house with the fast travel perk. I can’t recall which, but I’m sure is one of the houses near the lake. Then, open the map and highlight where you want to go. The option to fast travel should pop on the bottom of your screen and uses the X button. The cost in credits depends on how many boards you have smashed, from 3,000 credits to 0 I think.

You have to own the house with the fast travel perk. I can’t recall which, but I’m sure is one of the houses near the lake. Then, open the map and highlight where you want to go. The option to fast travel should pop on the bottom of your screen and uses the X button. The cost in credits depends on how many boards you have smashed, from 3,000 credits to 0 I think.

Well as I am a 'VIP' I know I own the house in question but can honestly say I have never noticed the fast travel option, I will check next time I am on, I will probably just keep driving about though since I've been doing it that way for 8 months now...

My bad, it's the Fairlawn Manor (between Edinburgh and the airfield, one of my favorites, actually) that unlocks the perk. Surely you may have purchased it by now.

My bad, it's the Fairlawn Manor (between Edinburgh and the airfield, one of my favorites, actually) that unlocks the perk. Surely you may have purchased it by now.

Will check, have been a bit of an 'Ebenezer' and not bought many properties, name is not familiar so maybe not!

If we don't get "Mexican Radio" by Wall Of Voodoo on the Alt Rock station then that's a huge missed opportunity. Amazing song, great for driving and would fit the location.

Actually with how modern alt radio completely ignores the 80s ever happening I doubt it but I think it would be cool.

Tree'd :P
The soundtrack should be interesting...

---

But my biggest question is - will my 1070 PC actually be able to run this thing? It looks super impressive, and I'm a little scared. Maybe it's about time I track down if there's a Series X on stock somewhere nearby...
I have no such concerns since it's the same engine as FH3 and 4. I miss playing FM6 though so a Series X may be worth it in a year or two if 30xx series GPUs haven't dropped in price.

Last edited:
"Vehicle Customization – A complete UX overhaul to bring the experience in-line with modern image manipulation software. We have also added 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades, and thousands of performance upgrades"

Trying to parse this out.

Really excited to see this new UX for vehicle customization. I'm assuming their claim means that it functions a lot more like Adobe Photoshop now than the clunky mess it has been since FM1. That's a recurring theme in this series - interesting feature with a poor/outdated implementation.

The 100 new wheels are also a very nice addition...the current roster is feeling...like pre-instagram. :lol:

It reads as though they've added thousands of performance upgrades. What? This sounds like PG speak for we added a new performance part category (Baja/Safari parts I'd guess) and its applied to every car in the game.

"Character Customizer – Improved to provide players with a more diverse cast of selectable characters. New customization options include the ability to customize hair style and color, select prosthetic limbs, choose pronouns, select from different voices and the ability to purchase clothing with credits."

So our character will have a voice this time. Interesting. I appreciate the attempt to make the narrative aspect a little deeper here, or at least I assume this is the reason for giving a voice. Man, they went from 0-woke real fast - they went from no pronouns to all of the pronouns and prosthetics! I really despised the way clothing items clogged up the wheelspins in the last game. I wouldn't mind at all if those went the microtransaction route.

I'm curious how they are handling the implementation of player houses in this game. It was nice that they existed in FH4, but it hardly felt like a properly developed mechanic.

Is this effect being cast by the sun on the AMG's left intake part of that? Maybe I've been oblivious, but I've never seen it that pronounced/bright in previous titles.
bright.jpg
That's the improved lens flare-based bloom, not new as it started in FH4, for example all the light sources here:
sc8fvc.png

Most likely improved further in FH5 though.

If we don't get "Mexican Radio" by Wall Of Voodoo on the Alt Rock station then that's a huge missed opportunity. Amazing song, great for driving and would fit the location.

Actually with how modern alt radio completely ignores the 80s ever happening I doubt it but I think it would be cool.
I'm not going to lie, it's the song that went through my head as I watched the FH5 presentation. I had to actually re-watch the presentation because I missed a LOT of what was said simply because the song was stuck in my head the first time!

While that's amazing (they finally did it!) I really wanted more gameplay footage, so it was disappointing there.
No worries. They can't hide from away from it forever with Forza Monthly around. *laughs devilishly*

But yeah I was sad too when there was no new gameplay on stream. Still cool to hear what's coming to the game though. :)

A racetrack will be a perfect place to host open track days within the world. Heck, we should even host a GTPlanet track day there as well. :D

Last edited:
That's it, I'm not buying this game for at least 3 years. Diverse being mentioned 10 times in the Stream & Trailer combined was already bad enough, but this just convinced me that Big Sister has involvement in the project.

In my time at these forums, this is the only time I've read something out of you and you post this. Enjoy the ratio, enjoy the ignore, Adiós.

Last edited:
Back