Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,311 comments
I mean, I'm treating this game much like a sports title who's caught in between generations. Really, there's no difference between this game and say, MLB The Show 21, a game where they're obviously trying to take advantage of newer hardware to give the fans at least somewhat of what they've been asking for (and the game slash franchise as a whole sorely needs) but also having to contend with supporting legacy hardware for at least another game. It does seem way too early to base things off a ten minute gameplay slice, but time will tell.

Admittedly, there seems to be a fair few people around here who seem to think that they should absolutely show their hand with regards to the next iteration of the Forzatech engine that is being used for FM8...which like, doesn't make a damn lick of sense when it should be remembered that T10 without question still takes lead when it ultimately comes to large scale projects like Forzatech. Of course there wouldn't be a new engine that comes first in a Horizon game.

I reckon there would have been about 19 pages of these.

3942781.JPG

I would be 100% ok with that. While I know T10s/PGs reasoning (which imo is kinda dumb), the lack of SS badging on appropriate cars is a bit of a nuisance.

I mean, I'm treating this game much like a sports title who's caught in between generations. Really, there's no difference between this game and say, MLB The Show 21, a game where they're obviously trying to take advantage of newer hardware to give the fans at least somewhat of what they've been asking for (and the game slash franchise as a whole sorely needs) but also having to contend with supporting legacy hardware for at least another game. It does seem way too early to base things off a ten minute gameplay slice, but time will tell.

Admittedly, there seems to be a fair few people around here who seem to think that they should absolutely show their hand with regards to the next iteration of the Forzatech engine that is being used for FM8...which like, doesn't make a damn lick of sense when it should be remembered that T10 without question still takes lead when it ultimately comes to large scale projects like Forzatech. Of course there wouldn't be a new engine that comes first in a Horizon game.

I think that's a good analogy for it. I'm not expecting it to be some gigantic generational leap when it's been shown that T10/PG are not ready to take it yet until Forza Motorsport is completed. To be very honest with you, I'd rather them use a new game as a launching point/final hurrah to this generation rather than the aging Horizon 4, which to me has always seemed like it wasn't meant to last as long as it has in the first place. I'm very happy to be getting a new game anyway, even if it ends up being nothing more than a glorified stopgap. Either way, the improvements and new features they've already revealed have genuinely surprised me in a positive way, and I hope that the game follows through in practice.

My point is, I'm definitely in the camp that Forza needs an overhaul. But after not believing PG would even bother with a Horizon release before Motorsport, I'm thankful that they decided to go this route to keep the series somewhat fresh and give its tired predecessor some rest in the meantime.

Last edited:
Who?

Seriously, I’ve never heard of this organization. If this ‘Big Sister’ is as sinister as you claim it to be, I’d probably know about it by now.

Inclusiveness (and the lack thereof) has been a problem in games for far too long, and I welcome any effort to make the game more respectful for all players regardless of their identity.
I think it's meant to be a play on "Big Brother" or something. Feminism or SJWs or whatever.

Feel free to be critical of T10/PG because frankly there's been no shortage of reasons to coming from them but yeesh, this guy is really jumping the gun here.

Last edited:
This could be the game that makes me buy an Xbox. It looks brilliant, they’ve done a great job with the environment! The climate variation due to elevation sounds interesting as well.

When they were talking about "thousands of performance upgrades", I hope they add new things like nitrous (but they need to portray it realistically), oh, and also the return of electric motor and battery upgrades for EVs and hybrids. You don't see these upgrades in more recent Forza titles nowadays, given the growing number of hybrid vehicles (e.g. Acura NSX, BMW i3, Ferrari LaFerrari, Koenigsegg Regera, McLaren P1, Porsche 918 Spyder, to name a few) and EVs.

Last edited:
Forza Horizon 5 looks incredible. I can't wait to see if it will run well on my PC. Speaking of PC, it'll have a Steam release at launch, which is great news because I want to avoid the MS Store like the plague.

About the location: Mexico. It grew on me the more I thought about it. For the most varied landscape, Mexico was an amazing choice and, after that trailer and that gameplay, I'm pretty convinced this map will be great to drive on. Just a bit disappointing on the size of map. I honestly thought it would be bigger, but if I enjoyed the previous Horizon titles, I can probably enjoy this one as well.

I'm already seeing amazing cars that I like and hearing a list of "over 500" cars is expected, leaves me very pleased that I'll have all my favorites, and then some. Oh, and operational convertibles are nice, bonus points if they can get windows and turn signals working.

I like that player houses are coming back, but here's hoping they expand on their functionality a bit.

Purchasable clothing? Yes please, thank you Playground.

Now, let's talk Events Lab. This is the feature that I'm most excited about, I want to know how powerful it is, exactly. I hope I'm finally able to create single-player time-trials, not just races.

Car customization is something I don't particularly care for, as I prefer my cars stock. Hopefully they improve the painting option on some models though.

For character customization, I like that they're expanding it, that you can choose hair style/color and voice. Don't care for pronouns, I think they're a ridiculous novelty anyway, but everything points to it being a non-consequential option and, if it brightens someone else's day, why not?

Last but not least, I heard in a Q&A that there's finally a racetrack in the map! Please let be a nice track.

I can't wait for November 9th.
steam version of fh5 likely to lack the trigger vibration feature just as fh4(in fh4 the trigger feature has been listed as a known but won't be fixed issue)

Well I have seen the trailer and gameplay footage so I have decided I will purchase but I don't think I will pre-order FH5 and just pick it up
on release day or as soon as there after.

I do like the Mexico location and I think it's going to be a very challenging landscape and am looking forward to driving in the 'jungle', I hope that can recreate some muddy cars/off road scenes, now all I need to do is get me a capture card for doing some recording of the game since the Xbox record feature isn't as long as PS4/5...

Loved Horizon since 2 (never played the first on 360), in fact I always felt like 2 was the best of the series.

I ain't diggin the Mexico setting unfortunately. I understand the fauna looks prettier but all I see is more sand and between Horizon 3 and 4 I feel like I'm pretty much covered for jumping sand dunes.

Playground are wizards and I'm sure the game will be fantastic but nah, this one ain't for me.

On another topic, does anybody have a list of cars with working forzavista convertibles in FH4? (and past games)
Almost all of the Koenigseggs in the Forza series (except the CCGT and the Jesko) can become roadsters through Forzavista. But contrary to the early CC series (CC8S, CCX and CCXR Edition), the acronym stood for "Competition Coupe".

The One:1 though is a different story, even if it can be turned into a roadster, you can't store the roof on its hood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Which makes me believe the cover car hasn't been revealed yet (it's an unannounced car)
Eh, I just think it’s going to be the AMG Project 1 plus some off-road vehicle (continuing the trend of supercar + truck/SUV on the cover from FH3/4), my best guess being the Bronco.

Last edited:
I've already said this in another thread, but it's worth repeating.

Steam launch from day 1, no messing about with the Xbox store for PC players, already listed and I've added it to my wishlist.

"Q: With Forza Horizon 5 launching Day One on Steam and Windows 10, how can PC players get the most out of the game?
A: We’re excited to be bringing Forza Horizon 5 to players on both Windows 10 and Steam at launch. We will have more to share on PC requirements and features later this year."

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4402249796243-Forza-Horizon-5-Announce-FAQ
I wonder if this game could break a concurrent players record for racing games across all platforms. It seems set up to explode at a level we've not seen in the genre.

I wonder if this game could break a concurrent players record for racing games across all platforms. It seems set up to explode at a level we've not seen in the genre.
I think it stands a good shout at doing so, given FH4's performance on Steam when it had already been out for so long.

It may even challenge ETS2, and that would be a massive achievement if it did.

Continuing the topic of Mexican market cars, its a prime opportunity for PG to add the Mastretta MXT.
77029.jpg

Speaking of things PG may add since it's Mexico, I wonder if they (apologies for using a pronoun, totally my bad there) might be able to secure a deal to add a Sergio Perez/Red Bull Racing thing because of how popular Checo is in his home country. That may be a bit of a stretch but I think it would be cool (especially if RBR give Mercedes a massive fight for both championships this year). I'm not sure how popular the Forza franchise is over in Mexico, but I think it would be something cool and different even though it's not Forza Motorsport.

Last edited:
Speaking of things PG may add since it's Mexico, I wonder if they (apologies for using a pronoun, totally my bad there) might be able to secure a deal to add a Sergio Perez/Red Bull Racing thing because of how popular Checo is in his home country. That may be a bit of a stretch but I think it would be cool (especially if RBR give Mercedes a massive fight for both championships this year). I'm not sure how popular the Forza franchise is over in Mexico, but I think it would be something cool and different even though it's not Forza Motorsport.
XBOX has a massive fanbase in Mexico. Link: https://www.ruetir.com/2021/03/23/s...s-the-leading-gaming-brand-in-mexico-levelup/
Don't forget the Vuhl, which has already been featured in FM7:

View attachment 1017672
And if the game was not popular here, It sure will be this November.
It's like with Forza Horizon 3. That game became one of the most popular XBOX games in Australia after it launched back in 2016.

Yes indeed, Mexico used to be almost 100% Nintendo country, thanks to a beloved enthusiast and father of video game journalism here (Gus Rodríguez, RIP), who sought the official support from Nintendo back in the NES days. Later Xbox did the effort to establish themselves here since the original console introduction, with branding and full sales/tech support. Sony has its fans too, but their support here is nowhere at the level of Xbox/Nintendo still.

"Character Customizer – Improved to provide players with a more diverse cast of selectable characters. New customization options include the ability to customize hair style and color, select prosthetic limbs, choose pronouns, select from different voices and the ability to purchase clothing with credits."

I love this! Although I do agree that I'd like to see the clothing stuff removed from the Wheelspins, or at least the sheer amount of clothes in the Wheelspins system reduced a bit. It was very frustrating to earn a super spin only to win a hat, some shoes, and a t-shirt.

Last edited:
Back